• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Try this again. What's our Depth Chart Look like?

Diesel

• Premium Member

I know it's early.  However, after reading Bud's comments about the overlapping of the 2 and 3 positions... Not to mention that we have some stretch 4s... What's our depth Chart look like?

Here's my first stab:

Teague, Dennis, Mack

Korver, THJr., GRIII

Thabo, Bazemore, Holliday

Sap, Scott, Moose

Horf, Splitter, Walter.

Robinson III is a guess at who we will pick up as our 15th player.

With Thabo being out, i can see:

Baze starting against Smaller SFs and Scott sliding down against Bigger SFs.

What do the Squawk think?

I know it's early.  However, after reading Bud's comments about the overlapping of the 2 and 3 positions... Not to mention that we have some stretch 4s... What's our depth Chart look like?

Here's my first stab:

Teague, Dennis, Mack

Korver, THJr., GRIII

Thabo, Bazemore, Holliday

Sap, Scott, Moose

Horf, Splitter, Walter.

Robinson III is a guess at who we will pick up as our 15th player.

With Thabo being out, i can see:

Baze starting against Smaller SFs and Scott sliding down against Bigger SFs.

What do the Squawk think?

Small disagreements. 

Teague, Dennis, Mack

Korver, THJr., Bazemore

Thabo, Holliday, GRIII

Sap, Scott, Moose

Horf, Splitter, Walter.

Not so much on the Bazemore wagon. 

• Premium Member

Small disagreements. 

Teague, Dennis, Mack

Korver, THJr., Bazemore

Thabo, Holliday, GRIII

Sap, Scott, Moose

Horf, Splitter, Walter.

Not so much on the Bazemore wagon. 

Not against Baze at all.   I think his upside is still there.  Long arms... good defender... and his offense may come around.  i would like to see him put on about 15 more pounds though.

• Premium Member

GR III seems to be the consensus guy if Bud elected to sign someone from the SL team. I, for one, didn't like him very much. I mean, I'm sure he has the most upside in that squad, but IMHO Ashley and Petteway (minus the stupid turnovers) performed very well in SL. I wouldn't be opposed to Bud giving a contract to Petteway, that guy can really shoot, can rebound some and has a knack for blocking shots from behind à la Kyle Korver.It's not like any of them would have any meaningful time on the court, but I'd takeTerran over Glenn for the 15th spot.

• Premium Member

GR III seems to be the consensus guy if Bud elected to sign someone from the SL team. I, for one, didn't like him very much. I mean, I'm sure he has the most upside in that squad, but IMHO Ashley and Petteway (minus the stupid turnovers) performed very well in SL. I wouldn't be opposed to Bud giving a contract to Petteway, that guy can really shoot, can rebound some and has a knack for blocking shots from behind à la Kyle Korver.It's not like any of them would have any meaningful time on the court, but I'd takeTerran over Glenn for the 15th spot.

I wouldn't be so quick to count out Patterson.  The only thing that makes me say GRIII is experience on this level.  He did get opportunities in Philly.  I too like a little of what I saw with both Ashley and Petteway... and Ashley being a Stretch 4 could play the 3.  However, since we already have 2 maybe three stretch 4s, I don't think that's all that necessary if there's a better talent to bring in.

I'mo do it this way:

PG: Teague, Shredder, Mack

Interchangeable Wings: Korv, THJr, Sef, Blaze, Holiday, GR3 (D-League)

PF: Sap, Moose, Scott

C: Horf, Splitter, Edy

• Like 1

• Premium Member

but IMHO Ashley and Petteway (minus the stupid turnovers) performed very well in SL. I wouldn't be opposed to Bud giving a contract to Petteway, that guy can really shoot, can rebound some and has a knack for blocking shots from behind à la Kyle Korver.It's not like any of them would have any meaningful time on the court, but I'd takeTerran over Glenn for the 15th spot.

Season G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT%

7  6   26.0 0.390 0.282 0.833

So what's your definition of a good shooter?  If Petteway is considered a good shooter then Josh Smith should have been in the 3 point shooting contest last year!blink.png

Edited by Peoriabird

• Premium Member

Season G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT%

7  6   26.0 0.390 0.282 0.833

So what's your definition of a good shooter?  If Petteway is considered a good shooter then Josh Smith should have been in the 3 point shooting contest last year!blink.png

Well, I said he CAN shoot, not that we has shot it really well in SL. He's very streaky, no doubt about it.

Hm. Actually, scratch that. He hasn't had a really good shooting season in Nebraska yet, so... You might be right. Maybe I was just a little too impressed with his good games in SL.

Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Not sure why people are penciling Holiday in like he is a no brainier at sf. He played more than 80% of his minutes at SG. Golden State was +51 with him at SG and -49 with him at SF.

He is a wait and see whether he can handle that position.

• Like 1

So where do Petteway and Patterson fall in?  What are respective heights and proper positions (ie. Can either play the 3)???  I think Baze can play both 2 or 3, btw--showed it in the playoffs.  I also think we could see some 'Sap at the 3, Horf at the 4, and Splitter at the 5.

Edited by bumpyphish1

• Premium Member

So where do Petteway and Patterson fall in?  What are respective heights and proper positions (ie. Can either play the 3)???  I think Baze can play both 2 or 3, btw--showed it in the playoffs.  I also think we could see some 'Sap at the 3, Horf at the 4, and Splitter at the 5.

Petteway and Patterson will not be on the final roster...They are duplications of what we already have.  We will sign a vet like Tayshaun Prince to the vet minimum for depth.

• Premium Member

Looking more and more like we'll get a shot at Papa.

2015-08-01_1322.png

Biggest threat between now and 10/4 would seem to be CLE's $10m trade exception thanks to the Haywood trade. But most seem to think they're more inclined to hold on to it and use most or all of it on one player either during the season or next off-season.