• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Schedule Thread

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Just a place to place notes and banter about the Schedule being released at the moment.

(AJC link to schedule)

(home opener)

(1st TNT Thursday Game? Plus Melo's Probable Return)

(after that)

(MLK Day)

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 3

• Moderators

(for OTP suburban fans, and folks who just want a good dinner before a TV game, a bouquet...)

~lw3

• Like 2

(for OTP suburban fans, and folks who just want a good dinner before a TV game, a bouquet...)

~lw3

Not sure how I feel about all our home games starting at 8 p.m.

Edited by ATLHawks3

• Moderators

Not sure how I feel about all our home games starting at 8 p.m.

I'm biased toward 7:30 since I have an easy in-and-out to get to the arena, and don't wanna wallow around for too long between work/classes and games. But 8 pm may coax me to partake in the restaurants around the corner pre-games. Just no OT, please!

~lw3

• Like 3

• Moderators

We'll be nice and sick of the Knicks not long after the calendar turns. Three games out of five between December 26 and January 5, including a home-and-home. I wanna see at least one Volt versus Orange battle on my TV screen to make it worthwhile.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

After the MLK Day Game, a nice Road Trip Lite for the annual All-Star push.

At the Lillards (on ESPN), the Kings the next night, then the Suns and Nuggets before coming home to greet Smoove, Slow-shot Paul Pierce and the Clippers.

~lw3

We'll be nice and sick of the Knicks not long after the calendar turns. Three games out of five between December 26 and January 5, including a home-and-home. I wanna see at least one Volt versus Orange battle on my TV screen to make it worthwhile.

~lw3

Lol, omg.

My eyes just hurt remembering the red/orange fiasco.

Our schedule strength looks a good bit easier than lastyear.

We only have 2 stretches of 4 games in 5 nights.  The unfortunate thing about these two is that they are both in November when we will still be working towards getting healthy and getting accustomed to the new guys.

The first is 11/3-11/7  @ Mia, vs Brk, day off, @ N.O., vs Wash

The second is 11/24-11/28  vs Bos, @ Min, day off, @ Mem, @ San An.  

The second half of each of these are pretty brutal.  A 4-4 or 5-3 mark over these 8 games would be fine with me.  Anything better and we are going to be damn good this year.

We have 18 sets of back to back games and our opponent will be playing on at least a days rest in only 9 of those.  The 9 games where we will be playing a rested opponent are mostly against inferior teams.  Those teams are:  Charlotte, Brooklyn, Sacramento, Minny, OKC, Hous, Indiana, LAC, Denver.

We also only play Cleveland 3 times which is a bummer since we only get Lebron at Phillips once.

Overall, I'm really pleased with the strength of schedule and this gives me even more confidence in wagering on our over wins total again this season if the number is near the rumored 46.5 games.

Edited by JETSET
  • Like 1

• Moderators

We run Staples Center in March. Lakers then Clippers on back-to-back nights on the 4th and 5th. Oddly, ESPN elects to put the Lakers game on nationally, but my hunch is they'll swap that game out for something else before we ever get to it.

The Tinseltown tussles are part of what's just a 5-game March circus trip. Warriors, then Lakers+Clippers, then Utah and Toronto before coming home (sensing a theme here) to deal with the Grizzlies.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

~lw3

We owe them big time for losing to the Nets yet beating us in April. To add insult to injury, they did it with one of their best 3 point shooting performances of the season, much to Phil's chagrin. All that tells me is we're gonna have another January streak. Give me 20 just once TH2 to stick it to the Zenbastard. Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

We owe them big time for losing to the Nets yet beating us in April. To add insult to injury, they did it with one of their best 3 point shooting performances of the season, much to Phil's chagrin. All that tells me is we're gonna have another January streak. Give me 20 just once TH2 to stick it to the Zenbastard.

November is our busiest month with 17 games.  January only has 15 this year.

• Moderators

Our two biggest homestands are after the All-Star Break:

Feb. 19-28 brings the heat/Bucks/Warriors/Bulls (ESPN)/Hornets to the Highlight Factory. Miami and Milwaukee will be on back-to-back nights.

Apr. 1-9 will have the Cavs (ESPN)/Suns/Raps/Celts visiting.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3