Hawks Schedule Thread

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

08122015_ah_schedule_infographic.jpg?w=6

~lw3

I don't have the talents of a witty title, so I'll just leave this here for @lethalweapon3 to jazz up a bit:

We only have 2 stretches of 4 games in 5 nights.  The unfortunate thing about these two is that they are both in November when we will still be working towards getting healthy and getting accustomed to the new guys.

Well that's messed up.  There are only 27 4game/5night sets throughout the league this year and we get two of them in a 25 day span.

This is what bothers me. The entire NBA only has 27 total 4-in5's, yet we get TWO of them? And within the same month? That's some major B.S. It means at least 3 teams don't even have one, yet we have two - in the same month. I guess we're at least lucky that they are early in the season before the players are drained; then we can focus on settling in and getting that top seed the rest of the way. 

If we can come out of November with a solid record in the standings, we should be in good position to do some serious damage the rest of the season and put ourselves in a top seed for the playoffs.

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 1

I got one:

Smell the roses baby Nate- Malik

Nasty Nate?

(No no no, dirty jungle of love!)

((big props for getting the jokes so long as "props" are still a thing))

Move over BudCox, RoseBud is here!

BOOOOOOO.

You'll take this joke to your gravestone.

Nasty Nate?

BOOOOOOO.

XXXXXXX...No No No...lol love that movie

Nasty Nate?

BOOOOOOO.

One part of the movie I had to rewind 100 times was...

"Kenny, don't let them see you cry, now comon, show me your mean face.

Kenny- uh uh

Thurgood-YES, show me a mean face

Kenny- :-| Grrrrr

Lol

One part of the movie I had to rewind 100 times was...

"Kenny, don't let them see you cry, now comon, show me your mean face.

Kenny- uh uh

Thurgood-YES, show me a mean face

Kenny- :-| Grrrrr

Lol

off topic, i know but i love this part

Boo this man!

[media]

Wow! We have more nationally televised games than the Knicks AND the Celtics! More than the Celtics! That's great! I'm really happy we're getting some recognition.

I'm also happy to see the Pelicans have so many games, more chances to watch my favorite non-Hawk, Anthony Davis, play.

Why do the Lakers and Heat have more televised games than us...smh...we were a top 4 team

We're the Hawks. On the big list of teams no one pays attention to we may just be #1. It's wrong, but it has been this way for as long as I can remember. I don't mind it though, putting a chip on a team's shoulders has never done it any harm.

Also the Heat are going to be good this year. I really think they'll be a top 3 team in the east this year as long as they're healthy. As for the Lakers.....well...it's apparently Kobe's final year so maybe they gave them a lot of games for his sake? I don't really understand that one. I wish Lou Williams the best though.

As a side note giving the Raptors' only 2 is a shame. They're a playoff level team and deserve to have more than just 2 games.

Edited by Blazemore

Just be sure to be by my deathbed to pull the sheets over me.

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif

Wow! We have more nationally televised games than the Knicks AND the Celtics! More than the Celtics! That's great! I'm really happy we're getting some recognition.

I'm also happy to see the Pelicans have so many games, more chances to watch my favorite non-Hawk, Anthony Davis, play.

You mean 'future-Hawk'?  Book it.

king01 approved king.gif

Made SI's list of 50 games to watch for ...

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/08/12/nba-schedule-lebron-james-stephen-curry-anthony-davis-top-50-games

3. Oct. 27: Pistons at Hawks on opening night

The Tuesday night undercard game features Atlanta, which broke out of decades of mediocrity to claim the East’s top seed last year, and Detroit, who is looking to shake off six straight years of sub-mediocrity. While this isn’t necessarily the sexiest matchup, Stan Van Gundy’s renovated roster, led byAndre Drummond and Reggie Jackson, will get a high-profile early opportunity to announce its playoff intentions.

Hmm, so tune in to see that awful DET team?

17. Nov. 21: Cavaliers host Hawks in East finals rematch

The first of three matchups between the 2015 Eastern Conference finalists, the Cavaliers and Hawks, is set for just before Thanksgiving. Atlanta left a bitter sweep complaining about Matthew Dellavedova’s tactics. Don’t think for a moment that Delly has forgotten about their accusations.

SFW if he remembers accusations.

6. Oct. 29: Knicks’ Carmelo Anthony makes MSG return against Hawks

The tank worked! Sort of. An abysmal Knicks season that featured numerous trades and a midseason shutdown of Carmelo Anthony, landed Kristaps Porzingis, the No. 4 pick in the draft. While that’s not an immediate franchise-changing addition, it does represent a step in the right direction. Anthony, who hasn’t played since he jogged up and down in the All-Star Game, will usher the latest era of Knicks basketball into Madison Square Garden against Atlanta, as he looks to put his most recent knee surgery behind him.