• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Again They Doubt (I Say We Rise)!

sillent

Every year we've shown progress and I refuse to believe we've peaked after 2 seasons.

We kept 4 allstars from last year.

We added more versatile players to an already versatile team.

All but possibly 2 people on our entire team are threats from the outside and the 2 that aren't are inside threats especially on defense.

We actually have bigs and most are versatile.

All of our wings can shoot and the majority are pretty good defenders.

Jeff Teague, Dennis Schröder and Shelvin Mack is arguably the best point guard trio in the league and all have room for growth and can continue to improve.

Al and Paul are one of the most versatile front court duos in the league and our wings collectively can have plenty of impressive outtings.

All of these weapons integrated into our system/development and with the chemistry we already have makes it hard to believe that we can't keep excelling!!!

We are deep enough now to where even if we lose Mike Scott It just gives more playing time for one of our many bigs combo. (Still would've been nice if we held on to Daye a little bit longer smh). Even if injuries occur (although of course I'm hoping for all our players to have good health through out the season) we are now deep enough for other players to step in and step up.

MOST IMPORTANTLY WE GOT RID OF OUR WEAKNESSES (Pero Antić), Lack of Size, Lack of Inside Presence on Defense and Rebounding are more equipped for every different playoff match up when healthy. Run and Gun/ Grind It Out/ Big Ball/ Small Ball/ Match Ups/ Pace and Space we need it we got it and it's going to be a fun season GO HAWKS!!!  

AND ONE IF NOT ALL 3 PLAYERS ( KENT BAZEMORE, TIM HARDAWAY JR, JUSTIN HOLIDAY and possibly even Lamar Patterson and Terran Petteway) will be pleasant surprises and one can even be a candidate for most improved player....

• Like 3

Imagine Kyle Korver and Jason Richardson teaching our young guns how to consistently make shots from long range. Our team 3 point contest would be ridiculous!! Yeah we lost DeMarre but it's power in numbers. Not to mention seeing big Tandoms like Mike Muscala and Paul or Tavares and Al or Splitter and either or... Looking at the schedule got me even more excited when I look at the teams that are actually a threat when we're playing our best and I couldn't find many.

• Moderators

I don't know why we still give the haters the light of day...

I imagine this is how it plays out on an average day at some major sports media building:

Corporate media talkhead:

"All right boys, we need to drum up some ratings and stir up some excitement in the major markets across America! How are we going to accomplish this?"

Peanut gallery:

"For Chicago we can bring up the Cubs!"

"For Boston we can say Tom Brady is a cheat!"

"For New York we can make their teams sound better than they are!"

"For LA it's Kobe Kobe Kobe!!!"

"For Dallas just continue giving them the Cowboys! Make them think they have a chance at a Super Bowl every season!"

Corporate media talkhead:

"That's all fine and dandy, boys but what about Atlanta?"

Peanut gallery:

...grumble, grumble... "Who f***ing cares? Just tell them that they don't have a shot in Hell and they'll do the rest to keep us relevant!"

Ignore the media. It'll make the taste of a championship taste that much sweeter.

• Like 2

Our Hawks got embarrassed in the ECF. Lost their best wing defender and just flat out got called out as a bunch of fakers after struggling through the playoffs in every round. So with all that said these guys have a chip on their shoulder to come back this season to show they were no fakers last year and that they can be legit contenders without a superstar player! For that We will be a 1-3 seed.

Looking at the rest of the east......

-The cavs aren't going to try that hard to get a number one seed especially after kyrie and love going down last playoffs. Hell they know they are already going to be in the ECF next playoffs so regular season means nothing to them besides staying healthy... I keep trying to tell people that they really don't care that much about a high seed (they will certainly get a 1-3 seed...but they will not get all hell bent over seeding)....EVERY TEAM in the east knows a NBA finals appearance goes through Lebron! 5 straight years of being in the ECF and advancing to the finals, hell im convinced that Lebron will be there again waiting on his opponent. I can't stand the dude but he's gotten a lot smarter and don't even care about MVPS and stats anymore, he's all about winning the rings.

-The Bulls are injury prone. I hate to say it but we all know someone on that team...atleast 2...major players will get hurt. Rose will be one of them...you pick the other. Lol

-Miami just like the Bulls...injuries and the fact that those vets will not care that much about a number 1 seed. The vets just want to get there and make impact in the playoffs which they are more than capable of doing if healthy.

-Pacers have a lot to prove. I see them as no huge threat at the current moment.

-Watch out for the young Bucks those young guys are going to play their hearts out. They have something to prove. I'm not saying they will be a 1-3 seed but I personally don't think a 4th seed is out of the picture for them. They will play harder than a lot of other east teams in my opinion.

-Raptors lost too much offense and they play an heavy ISO style which is going to be a lot tougher to do with their sixth man Lou Williams now a laker. Their defense will be much improved but look for that offense to take a major dive.

-Wizards will be tough...another group of young guys that have something to prove. If healthy I can see them in the top 4 easily. But I do believe things will be harder without old man Pierce.

Again the Hawks winning the east again wouldn't shock me. I'm more concerned about how we go about winning playoff series.

• Like 1