• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Observations vs Pelicans

capstone21

• Admin

A tale of two halves.

This is an example why you never take a team for granted ... No AD, No Jrue ... No problem for New Orleans during the first half.  They really outplayed us the first half.  Other then Al no one else seemed to get it going.  

We owned them in the second half

Is this going to be the theme for our season?  As long as we win its good with me

Al was unstoppable on offense the first half.  He was hitting threes to shut the naysayers up (me included).  I would still prefer him to step into the midrange

Paul was a beast on the boards tonight.  He struggled with his shot in the first half but was on automatic in the second.

kyle had his struggles ... He is still trying to find his shot

JT had some nice numbers but did not defend Ish Smith well.  

Baz was terrible tonight ... Took some terrible shots and his defense was bad.  Gordon had him for lunch ... He played him a lot from the side instead of in front of him ... Also, what was with that block from the bench to end the half.  That's an immature rookie move and it cost a technical

dennis was cold / hot ... His shot selection in the first half was nick young like again ...second half he looked to pass more and it resulted in better shots.

thabo's arms are so long ... I feel sorry for the guy he is guarding

i cracked up when Moose got rejected  by the rim ... He played really well ...excellent interior passing and hustle there buddy.  Nice three too

i love how everyone on our team for starters to the 12th man is willing to make the extra pass ... The anti ISO and it is a big key to our success

How many times will Nique use that joke to Bob about getting him the tape of his upcoming special?

Tony Douglas' D is awesome 

Ryan Anderson is underrated ... I use to think he is just a tall three point shooter ... He has a nice complete game 

i was disappointed that AD didn't play.  He is fun to watch

Another win in the books ... On to the next one

• Like 1

That was the most uninspiring 1st half of basketball, except for Al, he was a man on a mission and kept us close enough in 1st half.

They didn't do anything right. Couldn't hit shots , didn't get back on defense, slow on close outs to the 3 point  line. These slow starts are killing me.

Much better 2nd half.

Dennis did a better job defending Ish, Teague struggled at it. Ended up with a double double but didn't seem engaged in game until the 4th quarter.

Kyle was pressing.

Baze oh Baze - slow down, do what Kyle told you last season: be crazy on defense, slow down on offense.

Do-it-All Paul messed around and had another double double: 16 REBOUNDS.

Thabo wuth a huge block in 4th. Tiago with some easy dunks from Al.

The rim says hello Moose. 

The schedule makers are really screwing us: next 5 games - Away, Home,  Away, Home, Away in 8 days. At least we've played better on the road.

12 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Yeah, I don't understand why we have so many games while other teams have played 3 or 4 less then us

It just crossed my mind that with this schedule, there also isn't a lot of practice time available.  Could be part of the reason for looking so rageddy.

Hey, I love watchin  my Hawks as much as the next guy but us having 10 games in so far is a bit much.  Especially when the league is supposed to be cutting down on # of games in x amount of days.

I try not to get too down on these lackluster performances.  Really the only team not playing this way is GState.

I'm not worried about the busy schedule, this team is exceptionally trained and enduring.  Bud has every nuance of the regular season mapped out already and we'll inevitably enjoy a soft spot later in the schedule while the rest of the NBA is grinding. 

Not worried about the slow starts either.   We're a 48 minute, crunch-time team.

We are taking too many threes that are out of rhythm, away from the corner, or not from Kyle's hands, though.  Let's Go.

• Like 2

Second quarter:  Pelicans hit six threes in a row, miss one and then hit number seven.  Were these players

invisible to the Hawks defense?  And, how hot can a team get from downtown?  These were not from one

player, just whoever happened to be behind the circle.  Hawks made adjustments at the break and stopped

a lot of this but, gee whiz, why did it take so long?

Horford prevented Atlanta from being buried (again) before half time.  Without his hot hand, ugh!

Hawks are now in second place in the east.  Cleveland, with a record of 7-1, has a % lead over our 8-2 Hawks.

Please note, no other NBA team has played 10 games.  Somewhere in the season Atlanta gets to sit back and

watch all these other teams as they make up the difference.

Last night's opponent was so short handed that the Hawks eventually just wore them out physically.  Dennis

and Jeff were too quick for their tired bodies to stop them.

If, before the season began, you had been told that Atlanta would be 8-2 at this point, would you have been

happy to have this record? 

GO ATL!

• Like 1