• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis simply isn't ready to start

DJlaysitup

I would like to see a sample of Bud using Dennis like Sef.  When Teague is out, have Mack start with Dennis being the first off the bench and possibly finishing with more minutes played.  It's a waste of offense when Dennis is over-dribbling while on the court with Horf/Sap/Korver.  It doesn't hurt us as much when he is doing it while on the court with Thabo/Holiday/Splitter

• Like 2

Dennis need to go back in learning mode...like mentioned he's not ready just yet and I think he need to earn his backup spot to Teague again. Right now Mack need to play all backup minutes to Teague until Dennis proves himself again.

im still a huge Dennis supporter but he has looked awfully confused on offense this year and he's also iso-ing way too much.

Mack is hungry for minutes so I say let him get a chance again.

Yeah  ATLHawks3...he just runs around and does his stuff kind of "within the offense"...like a wild Indian......it has to be a pain in the ass for our All-Stars.

I dunno -maybe Bud  loves the kid. :blink:

I really think we need a quality "pass first" PG. ..and GOOD passes...not just selfish "dump offs" at the potential shooter's ankles.  AL and Paul are much better at FG percentages and given quality PG work will score more.  We are basically killing the strength of our team with poor PG play.

Dennis is a wild card...whoever picked him wanted him to be the next Tony Parker - but he's not going to be the next Tony Parker - so - they better give up on their "egos" and understand that because we otherwise have a helluva quality team - or they can run this very good team into the ground dreaming that Dennis is going to be the next Tony Parker.

Agree Dennis is still an unfinished product.  However, I'd rather watch Dennis flail around out there than have Mack out there trying to 'get his'.  Trade for Prigioni as  a vet stopgap.  He can't be long for Clipper-land.

I'm not sure this is earth shattering news that Dennis isn't ready to be a full time starter. He's still a work in progress. 

But there is PLENTY of blame to go around for this loss (we didn't even get a last shot attempt off, just horrible execution).

Dennis has ALWAYS struggled with Jack going back to last season.

Mack pounds the ball just as much as Dennis. I'm not willing to throw the baby out with the bath water just because Dennis had a bad game and a horrible turnover.   We have bigger issues.

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Agree Dennis is still an unfinished product.  However, I'd rather watch Dennis flail around out there than have Mack out there trying to 'get his'.  Trade for Prigioni as  a vet stopgap.  He can't be long for Clipper-land.

Have you seen Prigioni play? Omg, please don't ever say that.

lol, yes Dennis made 2 dumb TO's and missed the last shot, but did everything last games people here wanted. He plays under much controll, which is also why you dont see him being "frisky" all that much lately with the drives and such only scoring 19 points in the two losses as a starter. And dont know if I like that, because I think his marque is being frisky and doing stuff. However he actually did the pass-first PG game very solidly and you could see the usual ATL patterns doing what they always do. He also had 19 assists on 3 TO's in these two games. I didnt see any "anckle passes" either. But my hope is he can mesh the frisky and pass-firts type games into one given more time to master the latter in the NBA.

What I do see however, is absence of DMC, which in games where Bazemore plays above himself, is not very noticable. The ATL gameplan just lacks his movement and decoying. Also horrible enterior defense against both BKN and BOS. Look where all these points where made. Jarret Jack btw had 49 points and 21 assists last two games. In the two games against Dennis he had nothing special going on. It wasnt even him setting his big guys up, who made crazy shots and putbacks.

But we know we have problems regarding interior D. What really lost us the game and prevented a lead was pure BKN luck. They had every bounce going in. While we rimmed them all out.  Also those 3 Jack FT's was the most obvious ridiculous foul I've seen in years.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

12 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Have you seen Prigioni play? Omg, please don't ever say that.

Eh, we're not looking for him to be some world-beater.  I've only seen him play a time or two.  Always seemed like a steady guard which would help us.

If not him, then who?  Don't give me problems, Private.  Give me solutions!

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eh, we're not looking for him to be some world-beater.  I've only seen him play a time or two.  Always seemed like a steady guard which would help us.

If not him, then who?  Don't give me problems, Private.  Give me solutions!

Did you just call me privates? Lol...I think we are plenty deep at pg with Teague, Dennis and Mack. I'm a bit more concerned with our big men boarding the ball.

ps Prigioni is horrible. I watched him in the playoffs for the Rockets last year and I'm not sure how he is still in the league. 

vor 2 Stunden, DS17Fanboy sagte:

lol, yes Dennis made 2 dumb TO's and missed the last shot, but did everything last games people here wanted. He plays under much controll, which is also why you dont see him being "frisky" all that much lately with the drives and such only scoring 19 points in the two losses as a starter. And dont know if I like that, because I think his marque is being frisky and doing stuff. However he actually did the pass-first PG game very solidly and you could see the usual ATL patterns doing what they always do. He also had 19 assists on 3 TO's in these two games. I didnt see any "anckle passes" either. But my hope is he can mesh the frisky and pass-firts type games into one given more time to master the latter in the NBA.

What I do see however, is absence of DMC, which in games where Bazemore plays above himself, is not very noticable. The ATL gameplan just lacks his movement and decoying. Also horrible enterior defense against both BKN and BOS. Look where all these points where made. Jarret Jack btw had 49 points and 21 assists last two games. In the two games against Dennis he had nothing special going on. It wasnt even him setting his big guys up, who made crazy shots and putbacks.

But we know we have problems regarding interior D. What really lost us the game and prevented a lead was pure BKN luck. They had every bounce going in. While we rimmed them all out.  Also those 3 Jack FT's was the most obvious ridiculous foul I've seen in years.

why do you even argue with them. If they want to play the blame game with dennis, let them.  Some of them give me the impression, that no matter what Dennis would do, as long as it is no 40 points 15 assist performance on 100% accuracy, they would find something. He is by far not perfect, but there are several bigger issues, already mentioned by some others, that lead to these kind of games.

Really, if you think that Dennis is the biggest issue currently, then I hope they trade him. We will see about what you all complain about then.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not sure this is earth shattering news that Dennis isn't ready to be a full time starter. He's still a work in progress. 

But there is PLENTY of blame to go around for this loss (we didn't even get a last shot attempt off, just horrible execution).

Dennis has ALWAYS struggled with Jack going back to last season.

Mack pounds the ball just as much as Dennis. I'm not willing to throw the baby out with the bath water just because Dennis had a bad game and a horrible turnover.   We have bigger issues.

Horrible turnover? The one where he shows Sap where to go, expecting him to do so and pass that way?

Here’s what I see in the last game:

Teams are packing the paint on Schröder. Not allowing him to go right to the hoop. But like he did in Eurobasket, he’s still trying to go to the hoop and is not getting away with it this time. He may have only had 3 turnovers, but had the Harden like TOs in that a lot of his passes came too late for any of his teammates to handle.

His 10 assists doesn’t tell the story, he was really, really bad last night. Not the only reason for the loss, but a lot of it.

If teams had the scouting report on him last season, I don’t think Atlanta is able to get as hot as they did with him starting and wouldn’t have been able to build the confidence that they did to go on the run that happened.

1 hour ago, rd79 said:

Horrible turnover? The one where he shows Sap where to go, expecting him to do so and pass that way?

If that's all you got from my post then that's on you.  He still turned it over.