• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Howard to Hawks

Johnnybravo4

11 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Before that you said Brook Lopez about a million times. What's ur point?

Ehhh. I still feel that the 5 position is a priority.  Also, no way i would ship Baze. He and Sap are the main two reasons the Hawks win games at this point.  If its true that even at THIS point, Howard and his agent dont wanna play ball, then forget him. I wanted to take a chance on his prima donna character, but obviously, they still THINK he is worth more than he is............

19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I did speak to a couple of my ppl about this last night. None are as connected as they used to be but they did state this:

The Hawks really don't want to trade Horford which is what I knew already. 

There is interest in Dwight. 

The interest from Dwight isn't mutual. Atlanta wants him to opt in for this year to his agent and he doesn't want to. He really doesn't want to be a Hawk. His #1 team is the Heat if traded.

The Heat do not want to trade Whiteside BUT he's on the market for the right player i.e. Cousins. 

The Heat have had talks with the Rockets for Howard but talks stalled quickly. The Heat refuse to offer Winslow or Whiteside and feel that Deng is their best package to build around for Howard at this stage of his career. 

The Rockets have limited options in trading Howard and might be stuck. 

The Hawks might make a trade soon. They really want a SF. Bud is considering trading picks for one. 

Bud is targeting five SF's:

Marcus Morris, Fourtiner, Barnes, Gallo and Iggy. 

Right now, all players listed are either unavailable or their price is too much. Denver still wants two mid 1st round picks for Gallo and even then, he's not available. 

DET wants to keep Morris. Evan isn't available. Barnes is available but the price is steep. They want a mix of talent and picks. Iggy is available but the price is kinda high and Atlanta isn't too sure he's worth it for their system. 

As for Hawks. As you would expect. Teague is on the market for the right price and it's steep. Horford and Sap are unavailable. Dennis and Edy are valued prospects and off the table like most valued prospects are. The Hawks want to keep Korver still but Bazemore has a lot of value on the market. While some teams aren't as high on him, some teams think he has starter potential and offers have been made but not of exceptional value for now. Mainly low ball offers. 

On a smaller note, Atlanta has targeted Dontay M. from HOU but the value was too low from ATL. 

This is what I've heard. They aren't as linked in as they used to be but they still talk to ppl who are. 

Take it or leave it…I'll take it

But I can't believe Dwight still doesn't want to be a hawk. I seriously doubt it has anything to do with the hawks organization…something happen between him and some folks in Atlanta.  The only hard rumor of them all to believe is the Iggy one, I just can't see the warriors messing with team chemistry for no reason. MY favorite part of all of this is this:

The Hawks might make a trade soon. They really want a SF. Bud is considering trading picks for one. 

But I'm not sure if bud should give up a pick or not but maybe so.

15 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

This franchise might be done if they give Al the max.

Not really.  But him and Sap would be if signed to the max.

Please note:

I didn't say Howard doesn't want to resign if traded here but he doesn't want to opt in.

That's the holdup. He wants to be a FA like Sap was last year. The issue is, Dwight doesn't have a vested interest in the Hawks and that's a problem. 

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not really.  But him and Sap would be if signed to the max.

Please note:

I didn't say Howard doesn't want to resign if traded here but he doesn't want to opt in.

That's the holdup. He wants to be a FA like Sap was last year. The issue is, Dwight doesn't have a vested interest in the Hawks and that's a problem. 

The only way i do the trade is if it leaves the Hawks with more cap room.  If Howard doesnt opt in, does that leave the Hawks MORE room to work with in the cap next year? Rent Howard for a year and see what happens, with the fallback of looking at more cap room??

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I did speak to a couple of my ppl about this last night. None are as connected as they used to be but they did state this:

The Hawks really don't want to trade Horford which is what I knew already. 

There is interest in Dwight. 

The interest from Dwight isn't mutual. Atlanta wants him to opt in for this year to his agent and he doesn't want to. He really doesn't want to be a Hawk. His #1 team is the Heat if traded.

The Heat do not want to trade Whiteside BUT he's on the market for the right player i.e. Cousins. 

The Heat have had talks with the Rockets for Howard but talks stalled quickly. The Heat refuse to offer Winslow or Whiteside and feel that Deng is their best package to build around for Howard at this stage of his career. 

The Rockets have limited options in trading Howard and might be stuck. 

Right now, all players listed are either unavailable or their price is too much. Denver still wants two mid 1st round picks for Gallo and even then, he's not available. 

DET wants to keep Morris. Evan isn't available. Barnes is available but the price is steep. They want a mix of talent and picks. Iggy is available but the price is kinda high and Atlanta isn't too sure he's worth it for their system. 

As for Hawks. As you would expect. Teague is on the market for the right price and it's steep. Horford and Sap are unavailable. Dennis and Edy are valued prospects and off the table like most valued prospects are. The Hawks want to keep Korver still but Bazemore has a lot of value on the market. While some teams aren't as high on him, some teams think he has starter potential and offers have been made but not of exceptional value for now. Mainly low ball offers. 

On a smaller note, Atlanta has targeted Dontay M. from HOU but the value was too low from ATL. 

This is what I've heard. They aren't as linked in as they used to be but they still talk to ppl who are. 

Thanks for that info @NBASupes

17 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

The only way i do the trade is if it leaves the Hawks with more cap room.  If Howard doesnt opt in, does that leave the Hawks MORE room to work with in the cap next year? Rent Howard for a year and see what happens, with the fallback of looking at more cap room??

That's an extremely dangerous option especially if Horford is likely to resign.

41 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I like! Even though cap has never helped us before 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I know. My feeling is the ceiling has been reached with the Sap/Horford combo. I would gamble if it can they can get cap space.

I feel the same way but I would feel much worse gambling on Howard and completely getting  no value out of it. Resigning Horford and Millsap isn't bad.

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah thanks for the scuttlebutt, @NBASupes

If DEN wants 2 mid 1'st for Gallinari, I'd make that deal yesterday.

They been wanting that for Gallo. It's nothing new

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I feel the same way but I would feel much worse gambling on Howard and completely getting  no value out of it. Resigning Horford and Millsap isn't bad.

Is it possible to trade Howard again before the trade deadline?....if so maybe we could get a ton of assets for him if bud thinks he will bolt on us in the summer 

Edited by JTB

24 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I know. My feeling is the ceiling has been reached with the Sap/Horford combo. I would gamble if it can they can get cap space.

Shame on you.  Cap space does nothing for us.  Never has, probably never will.

Just now, JTB said:

Is it possible to trade Howard again before the trade deadline?....if so maybe we could get a ton of assets for him if bud thinks he will bolt on us.

IIUC he has to be traded-for (er acquired) by the 18th in order to be eligible to be traded again this season.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They been wanting that for Gallo. It's nothing new

What do you mean that he's 'not available' then?  Or are they basically saying, 'duh, when we're ready to trade him, this is the price'.

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

IIUC he has to be traded-for (er acquired) by the 18th in order to be eligible to be traded again this season.

Interesting....well I say if bud can pull the trigger on a one year deal then pull it by tomorrow then. If bud doesn't pull it by tomorrow we can just forget any possible Howard deal.

29 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Shame on you.  Cap space does nothing for us.  Never has, probably never will.

What do you mean that he's 'not available' then?  Or are they basically saying, 'duh, when we're ready to trade him, this is the price'.

Their winning basically but if they are,  he's not available. They are currently in the 8th seed

Edited by NBASupes

32 minutes ago, JTB said:

Is it possible to trade Howard again before the trade deadline?....if so maybe we could get a ton of assets for him if bud thinks he will bolt on us in the summer 

Who is going to trade for Howard? He's an potential expiring making 22 million per. Teams are low balling HOUSTON for the most part so is he really tradable,  not really.  Millsap has more trade value than both right now.

• Premium Member

The real questions when it comes to Dwight Howard are these:

1.  Is he still a top level NBA player?
  2. Will he be a lockerroom cancer as he has been in Orlando, LAL, and Houston.
  3. Does he even want to be a Hawk (Never has)?
  4. Will his brand of defense make us better and could he be happy being known as a defensive player?

11 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

That's only if you want to aggregate the salaries of that traded player. You can trade away one player for multiple at any time. It's when you add that player plus another so the team can acquire more salary in return.

Yes, yes ... that's what I was saying :ermm:.  Nah, thanks for adding that, the only cap-ology I understand happens in a hat store.

@NBASupes I didn't realize DEN was still 'in it' at this point.  Of all the years for the West to be half-mediocre, it happens when the Hawks need some teams out of contention early.

12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I wouldn't trade Al at all. I would trade Millsap for prospects and do a quick rebuild. Sap for Oladipo and Hezonja for example. But if we did trade Horford, Howard is someone I wouldn't mind. 

So.. You would rather trade our  only consistent player (and who's under contract) and keep the pending free agent ,that will want a big raise  , despite getting outplayed by average players nightly ?
nah
If the Hawks keep Horford, then they are pretty much  making a conment to poor rebounding, weak post play , very few free throw attempts.

• Like 3