• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Howard to Hawks

Johnnybravo4

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@JTB    He's on Atlanta local radio sports talk and is also a Studio Host on NBATV - Gametime.

@JayBirdHawk ok so for those who live in the local area of Atlanta....can anyone confirm if he's ever been right about things related to the Hawks in the past?

trades?

free agent acquisitions?

coaching staff hires?

how right has this guy been in the past is all I want to know.

Just now, JTB said:

@JayBirdHawk ok so for those who live in the local area of Atlanta....can anyone confirm if he's ever been right about things related to the Hawks in the past?

trades?

free agent acquisitions?

coaching staff hires?

how right has this guy been in the past is all I want to know.

I've never heard him break anything Hawks related. This is the first I've ever heard him mention any speculation related to Hawks.

He talks Hawks because 92.9 is the Flagship station.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Now it's looking like Dwight, Cousins, and Brook Lopez might all be on the move.   I've never liked any of those guys that much but seeing the way we are currently playing it's hard to watch another trade season go without a move.     Of course, grabbing any of these 3s would mean parting with Horford so we'd be talking about a big, big change.

41 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Now it's looking like Dwight, Cousins, and Brook Lopez might all be on the move.   I've never liked any of those guys that much but seeing the way we are currently playing it's hard to watch another trade season go without a move.     Of course, grabbing any of these 3s would mean parting with Horford so we'd be talking about a big, big change.

Love Cousins game, hate his tude. Howard is done. Lopez is garbage. So basically, none for us.

48 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This team needs a shake-up.  Is moving Alanna the solution?  Who knows.  It's become clear to me that the magic from last year was due to chemistry with the starting 5 together.  DMC's gone so they're not recapturing that magic just by forcing Bazemore into his spot.  I say that all to say that I don't think they need to be overly attached to this 'core' anymore.

If losing Alicia means obtaining the 'arguable' most skilled big in the game you can't hesitate to do that deal.  Lay him at Budz feet to get the 'tude under control.  (Now that I say that, I wonder if being closer to his Bama home would be a good or bad thing.  Hmmm).  BLopez doesn't do anything for me., not even a little bit.  Howard makes me think a bit but probably pass since HOU GM probably won't want to sweeten the deal appropriately.

What makes you say it's now 'looking like' they might be on the move?  Did something happen today?

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This team needs a shake-up.  Is moving Alanna the solution?  Who knows.  It's become clear to me that the magic from last year was due to chemistry with the starting 5 together.  DMC's gone so they're not recapturing that magic just by forcing Bazemore into his spot.  I say that all to say that I don't think they need to be overly attached to this 'core' anymore.

If losing Alicia means obtaining the 'arguable' most skilled big in the game you can't hesitate to do that deal.  Lay him at Budz feet to get the 'tude under control.  (Now that I say that, I wonder if being closer to his Bama home would be a good or bad thing.  Hmmm).  BLopez doesn't do anything for me., not even a little bit.  Howard makes me think a bit but probably pass since HOU GM probably won't want to sweeten the deal appropriately.

What makes you say it's now 'looking like' they might be on the move?  Did something happen today?

No.  I'm just reading trade rumors that have been out there for a few weeks.  Dwight to Toronto,  Cousins to Lakers and maybe Lopez to Boston.    All just rumors.     I don't think we have any shot at Cousins and I don't know if he'd work here.    Lopez is overrated and overpaid.   I'm not that convinced that Dwight is done.   The main reason his scoring is down is the Rockets never give him the ball.   There again mentally i just don't think he'd be great for our team.    But thinking about Dwight in Toronto made me wonder if i could overlook my prejudice against him.     I do think he'll make Toronto a lot better. 

Whoa, DMC is probably (effectively) out for the season.  Doubt we'd give that pkg up to get him back.  Valunc ... Valenc .... Vallen .... er that guy is good when he plays but is inconsistent and doesn't really play D.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Whoa, DMC is probably (effectively) out for the season.  Doubt we'd give that pkg up to get him back.  Valunc ... Valenc .... Vallen .... er that guy is good when he plays but is inconsistent and doesn't really play D.

Yeah.  I'm just thinking down the road.    With Howard and his $20 mill it takes a lot to make the salaries work.   Jonas (we'll call him) is 23 year old 7 footer with skills so I wouldn't think Toronto would be that motivated to move him.   I think he's already signed an extension but don't know about that.   We could also hang onto our PGs and send someone else like Mike Scott but that probably cuts down on the interest from the others.   I'm no good at trades but thought this was a fun one.   Still not totally sure what Toronto wants with Dwight.   I think he'd be good for them but don't know if it'd put them over the top in Dwight's seemingly short window. 

19 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Love Cousins game, hate his tude. Howard is done. Lopez is garbage. So basically, none for us.

Cousins is a lazy player. He would never fit here. Howard as well. He looks totally Harden-esque on defense, but a couple of swats into the stands and people go nuts. Lopez is OK, but the feet are always a question.