• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nets Considering Danny Ferry for GM position

ATLSmith

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/240438/Nets-Considering-Danny-Ferry-For-GM-Job

I guess they were impressed with how he unloaded JJ on them and rebuilt the Hawks in a such a short time span.

I'm still grumpy over last years debacle... I'm trying to move on but it's difficult.  :angry2:

32 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The sucky part of this is Ferry probably going after similar type players as the Hawks but Ferry is better at it and has unlimited money to throw around.

This will be CLE-Ferry part deux.  No way they're patient enough to let Ferry do anything meaningful there.  Nets should hire Dumars.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

This will be CLE-Ferry part deux.  No way they're patient enough to let Ferry do anything meaningful there.  Nets should hire Dumars.

Well it's not like he needed too much time to build the best Atlanta Hawks team ever, so there's that. If the Nets hire him, then we could be seeing something good from him as soon as next year. As  @macdaddy mentioned, he would have lots of money to spend... Scary.

• Like 1

• Moderators

They said Billy King is still advising and I think he was one of the first guys to come out and defend Ferry.     It also seems like a perfect fit for Ferry in that he won't have a huge, political ownership group to navigate (or not) and unlike Cleveland won't have an owner who thinks he knows everything already.     I know the Russian is driven to win but doesn't strike me as a meddler.

Ferry's personality actually fits in well with the Russian demeanor.  Prok would respect a guy that can look him in the eye and tell him to "cut the shit".  He'd threaten to leave Ferry barefoot and naked with his testicles in the palms of his hands on a snowy Siberian field.... but he'd respect it.

• Like 1