sac.png&w=30&h=30&transparent=true
2991282.png&w=28&h=38&scale=crop&backgro
  • C
  • 4 Years
sac.png&w=30&h=30&transparent=true

Acquiring 2 Players

$15,801,381

Hollinger's Analysis: +4 Wins

With this trade you have increased this team's projected wins by 4.

Sacramento Kings

Over Tax Line

-$11,554,304

Cap Room

-$2,621,296

• Player
  • Salary
  • PER icon_per.gif
3233.png&w=28&h=38&scale=crop&background
  • C icon-trade-restriction.png
  • 2 Years
atl.png&w=30&h=30&transparent=true
6454.png&w=28&h=38&scale=crop&background
  • PG
  • 2 Years
atl.png&w=30&h=30&transparent=true

Acquiring 2 Players

$12,189,583

Hollinger's Analysis: -7 Wins

With this trade you have decreased this team's projected wins by 7.

I realize that this is a pipe dream, but this solves the hawks rebounding problems and gives us some extra scoring at the SF position.  We could have Korver or Bazemore come off the bench to give our second unit some extra fire power.  Thoughts?

Absolutely....but what exactly is the Kings' motivations for making a trade like that?  Despite Gay's shortcomings as a primary scorer he's still a productive player on a bargain contract (for instance, he makes less that DeMarre) then WCS is the perfect defensive big man in the current NBA that blocks shots, rebounds, and most importantly is mobile enough to defend the pick and roll.  He also was just drafted 6th overall. 

The Hawks would be stupid to say no to this trade but the value just isn't there for Sacramento.  Dennis and multiple pick considerations would have to be offered to make this even moderately palatable to the Kings.

• Like 1

I agree.  It would be amazing if we could pull it off, but like I know it's a pipe dream.  If we do not give up Jeff or Dennis, the Hawks would probably need to give up a  2016 first and 2nd Round pick along with a 2017 first round pick.  That's a hefty price, but looking at how we've used our draft picks and considering we would have WCS, Dennis, THJr, and Bazemore after the trade, I would do it.  That's also a pretty solid young  core.

Interesting tid bit, we could trade Tiago for Rudy Gay straight up, but we lose so much size and would definitely require multiple picks. 

Just like DEN, PHO and to a lesser degree, NO, all these West teams still think they're 'in it'.  SAC being so close to an 8-seed means there's no way they do a deal like that.  Plus, Karl knows this is his last coaching gig so no way he'll be in favor of a rebuild.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Just like DEN, PHO and to a lesser degree, NO, all these West teams still think they're 'in it'.  SAC being so close to an 8-seed means there's no way they do a deal like that.  Plus, Karl knows this is his last coaching gig so no way he'll be in favor of a rebuild.

Man i haven't been paying attention.   8 seed in the west is 5 games under .500.  Man have times changed.

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Talent wise we win for sure ... but Sac does not make this trade.  Its not even close

Just as a side note ... every team improves after Rudy Gay leaves.  ... just saying

I'm not a huge fan of Rudy but i think he'd help us.   Memphis seemed to improve initially but it's not like they've gotten significantly better.   Toronto there just weren't enough shots to go around.   But the Kings are better with him i think.   Of course they want to get rid of him.

• Admin
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I'm not a huge fan of Rudy but i think he'd help us.   Memphis seemed to improve initially but it's not like they've gotten significantly better.   Toronto there just weren't enough shots to go around.   But the Kings are better with him i think.   Of course they want to get rid of him.

He is not a chemistry guy and never has been.  He gets his stats but his teams are not getting wins as a result of his contributions.  I don't think he is the right guy for this team either.  

I'd do this deal in a heartbeat, but what would Mack and Splitter provide to the Kings?

Take WCS out of the deal and maybe Sacramento does it as long as they get our first rounder this year and maybe another pick somewhere down the road.

Why would the Kings trade their lottery pick from this year and a solid wing for two bit players and a first round pick that will be in the mid to late 20's?  Even if we gave them our 2018 pick (since you can't trade first rounders in back to back seasons) it wouldn't be enough because the Hawks aren't likely to be any higher than 20 then either.