• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks west (Spurs) help us.

Gray Mule

After that so called ball game where the Hornets buried the Hawks and made them look like

a poor excuse for a D League team, Pop and his Spurs slipped by the Cleveland lads Thursday

night so that we don't slip any further behind in the east.

(If we are the Spurs east, then they must be the Hawks west)

Watching that game, it wasn't King James who was at fault.  He tried, without success, to help

the officials call the game, pointing out where they should call a foul and who should get the

ball on an out of bounds call.  I amazes me that he doesn't get a technical called because of his

running mouth and his crying to the striped shirts.  I know.  He's an all star and the best thing since

sliced bread, but still - - -

That was a very good game.  Could have gone either way.  Two great teams in a battle.  TNT announcers

believe, with just cause, that these two will meet in the NBA finals.

Atlanta didn't vaguely resemble our parent team in our last game.  We're too much hot and cold.  Spurs

don't have this problem.  Hopefully, we've saw the last of that SLEEPWALK MODE from our last game.

Forgetting the past, we must strive toward excellence.  From the least to the greatest, Hawks must do

our darndest to see that this never happens again.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I saw most of the 4th.   It's hard as a hawks fan but these 2 teams are in a different league talent wise.    So many guys who can get you a bucket when needed and commit on defense with real effort.   

Amen to that. I thought the Hawks were close last season until they played the depleted Cavs and got dominated. I realized then that this team needs more firepower if they hope to really compete for a Championship. It's kind of sobering to feel outmatched against elite teams again. I was really spoiled by the streak.

• Like 1

Hawks are not as bad as they looked in their last game.  Seriously.  One of the better D League teams

could have beaten them.  In order to win, shots must go in.  No matter who shot or from where, they

refused to fall.  Tis said, "Even a blind hog can occasionally find an acorn."  Hawks couldn't do that well.

Hot and cold.  That's Atlanta.  In their latest win, they jumped their opponent, buried them before they

knew what had hit them, going from that start to victory.  Then, Charlotte.  Ugh. 

Which team shows up tonight?  Could be either one.  Who knows??

• Premium Member

It's very easy to overthink things as a fan.  But it's quite simple.  In the end, do the Hawks have the talent to win a championship?  I think the organizational leadership, scheme and coaching is there.  But the Hawks simply don't have the talent yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jody23 said:

It's very easy to overthink things as a fan.  But it's quite simple.  In the end, do the Hawks have the talent to win a championship?  I think the organizational leadership, scheme and coaching is there.  But the Hawks simply don't have the talent yet.

Which sadly kind of makes it same hawks, different season. 

Also, I don't know if the leadership is there. The coaching is potentially there but I don't think that the current scheme is. 

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, Mdizzle5 said:

Which sadly kind of makes it same hawks, different season. 

Also, I don't know if the leadership is there. The coaching is potentially there but I don't think that the current scheme is. 

I think style of heavy ball movement, high assists will definitely work.  It does for GSW and SAS.  Bud will have to get the talent though and we will have to see if he can.

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

I think style of heavy ball movement, high assists will definitely work.  It does for GSW and SAS.  Bud will have to get the talent though and we will have to see if he can.

Yes, it works for them but for what we have as a roster I dont seeing it being as effective as it was last year. How do you come across talent like GSW does and how would you really get it? The Spurs also have 3 future HoFers and Kawhi. How do you get those? We're not really in position (even with our "flexible cap") to acquire that kind of talent and don't know if we will be in the near future. Not to mention that SA doesn't take near as many 3s. 

That's why I'm saying with the current scheme, outside of last season, I don't know if it can get us a 'ship. 

Edited by Mdizzle5

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, Mdizzle5 said:

Yes, it works for them but for what we have as a roster I dont seeing it being as effective as it was last year. How do you come across talent like GSW does and how would you really get it? The Spurs also have 3 future HoFers and Kawhi. How do you get those? We're not really in position (even with our "flexible cap") to acquire that kind of talent and don't know if we will be in the near future. Not to mention that SA doesn't take near as many 3s. 

That's why I'm saying with the current scheme, outside of last season, I don't know if it can get us a 'ship. 

When I say scheme, I'm refering to style of play, not the teams ability to get talent.  I agree about the team facing difficulty in acquiring the kind of talent to win a title.

• Moderators
20 hours ago, QuantumHawkz said:

Sleepwalking is correct. We have plenty of talent, it's just the energy and hustle has to show up every night if we want to win.

I agree on the energy and hustle but we don't have plenty of talent.   The guys getting up first off our bench would have a hard time getting minutes elsewhere except for Dennis.

• Like 2

The Cavs have to make it there in one piece before I'm convinced.  Fully healthy, yeah, they'll walk through the East.

I can't lie and say I'm not impressed with Blatt's vast improvement from last year.  When I think of the Cavs I don't even think of the Big 3 first, LeBron clearly past his peak ability.  At their best, JR, Dellavadova, and Shumpert are locking down the perimeter.  When the former is in his groove from three it gets ugly.  

I wouldn't be surprised if they defeated "slumping" GS tonight, who have slipped back into their (Steph) ways of unforced mistakes.  The Spurs can outlast the Cavs better because they make damn near 0 the whole game.  Even when Cleveland jumped on them early they patiently coasted in front as the game progressed simply because their collection of players are smarter.  

They can play smaller or big as f&@k too, which helps.  I retardedly questioned whether Aldridge could assimilate.  Pop is much smarter than I am and probably figured he'd struggle a bit before findibg his niche right by this time.  Let alone penniless David West putting up double doubles.  Their upcoming games and eminent playoff series with GS should be pay-per-view.

• Like 1