• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is getting really hard to ignore

Lurker

58 minutes ago, rd79 said:

If there really are health issues (ankle) I'd say it's stupid to hold back your upcoming young bench player by not starting him and not to give your last year's all star some time off to get healthy. The only reason not to do so is it may lower Jeff's short term trade value...

Not to mention there would be a chance to showcase Mack more.

I also don't know how that would work out in future negotiations with Dennis. ("I wasn't even starting when Jeff has been injured...")

There is a difference between being hurt and injured.

Teague maybe playing hurt but it doesn't mean Dennis should start unless Teague just can't go.

Dennis would have a case during negotiations if Teague was injured and couldn't play and Bud started Mack and played him a ton of minutes.

Couldn't watch the whole game and Orlando looked disinterested at best but that was as perfect a script Bud could hope for: both PGs looked good, Tim had some highlights, and no one played 28 minutes.  

Molly Mike's increased energy of late has been good and seeing Al attack the hole is a sight for sore eyes.  That seemed like the quietest double double Sap has ever posted.  And as long as we go .660 winning with Splitter I can't knock him.  Leggo. (meant to put this in the game thread.  I'm slow)

11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There is a difference between being hurt and injured.

Teague maybe playing hurt but it doesn't mean Dennis should start unless Teague just can't go.

Dennis would have a case during negotiations if Teague was injured and couldn't play and Bud started Mack and played him a ton of minutes.

I know the difference between beeing hurt and injured. The question is: would some rest help Jeff to come back to full strenght (earlier)?

19 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I take an AGGRESSIVE Jeff Teague over Dennis but I never know if I'll get that.  That's my frustration with Jeff.

BINGO....BIG ASS BINGO

teague has earned threads like this every year of his career since being a starter except last season where he played aggressive 90 percent of the time. 

This off season I was under the impression that bud finally got to Teague and brought him out his comfort zone but turn around this season and we have the same passive Teague we've seen his whole career...Teagues biggest bright spot of his career is earning his name "playoff Teague" which is when he is unexpectedly aggressive as all hell! Normally that's how it's been with him so far but all last year we got playoff Teague in the regular season too .

its a shame cause I've always said Teague had top 10 point guard ability but he really lacks natural aggressiveness and it's too obvious to see. Dennis on the other hand is naturally aggressive but he's just young and dumb in some games then other games he's great.

point is Teague is who he is....when he wants to be aggressive he's the best player we have don't care what anyone says. Teagues aggressiveness makes this team go more so than any other player having a great game but boy oh boy when he wants to be passive which is his normal way of going about things he looks scary and don't want to take or make contact, looks uninterested at times, and gets out played by the back up .

another sad thing is that the only part of teagues game I've noticed improvement in is his 3s....where's that mid range shot that bud kept saying in news conferences after the ECF blow out..."Teague HAS to be able to knock down that mid range shot".....where's the improvement in that?!!!!

3 hours ago, rd79 said:

I know the difference between beeing hurt and injured. The question is: would some rest help Jeff to come back to full strenght (earlier)?

The coaches and medical staff see him daily, if they think it warrants him.to sit, they'll sit him.

If Bud were to ask Jeff to abandon the sets and take over, could Jeff had put up Kemba Walker's performance last night?  

I highly doubt it.  I also doubt Dennis would only take 6 shots in 37 minutes like Lin did.  

I always liked both dudes, even more as a duo.  Kemba's gotta be more than 6'1", 172 if Jeff is really 186.  I've also been spelling Dennis' last name wrong for years now.  There's a "c" there.  Got it.

They're arguably having a better year than our duo through statistical measure anyway, most notably an extra half defensive win share between them.  I can't get seduced by Jeff's sexy .409 from three, he's a career .348 shooter for good reason.  

They have a good mix of a bonafide scorer followed by a smart, big backup.  We kill with quickness, then even more quickness.  It would be fun to see how each duo would fare if they switched teams and Al Jeff were healthy.  For the money I'll gladly stick with what we got.  The uninspired defense, non-attacking facilitation, early pulls, and late sits for Jeff are just part of the deal we have to live with until further notice.

Has anyone else heard Marvin speak lately?  His voice is higher and he speaks faster in a preacher's cadence.  Weird.

21 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I take an AGGRESSIVE Jeff Teague over Dennis but I never know if I'll get that.  That's my frustration with Jeff.

Yeah that's a great and completely fair point.  I was mainly focusing on physical health, but you are 100 percent correct here.

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

If Bud were to ask Jeff to abandon the sets and take over, could Jeff had put up Kemba Walker's performance last night?  

I highly doubt it.  I also doubt Dennis would only take 6 shots in 37 minutes like Lin did.  

I always liked both dudes, even more as a duo.  Kemba's gotta be more than 6'1", 172 if Jeff is really 186.  I've also been spelling Dennis' last name wrong for years now.  There's a "c" there.  Got it.

They're arguably having a better year than our duo through statistical measure anyway, most notably an extra half defensive win share between them.  I can't get seduced by Jeff's sexy .409 from three, he's a career .348 shooter for good reason.  

They have a good mix of a bonafide scorer followed by a smart, big backup.  We kill with quickness, then even more quickness.  It would be fun to see how each duo would fare if they switched teams and Al Jeff were healthy.  For the money I'll gladly stick with what we got.  The uninspired defense, non-attacking facilitation, early pulls, and late sits for Jeff are just part of the deal we have to live with until further notice.

Has anyone else heard Marvin speak lately?  His voice is higher and he speaks faster in a preacher's cadence.  Weird.

Didn't these guys say that they have like 3 set plays (interview during the Allstar game with the 4 Allstars?).  Everything else is read the defense and react.  That's why it's important for our PGs to play with pace and penetrate to cause defenses to shift.