• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is getting really hard to ignore

Lurker

Dennis Schröder’s last 14 games:

12.3 PTS/5.4 AST/3.1 REB/1.5 STL and 2 TO on 47.4% FG/43.9% 3PT/80% FT in 21.4 MPG (+9.6 +/-)

Jeff Teague’s last 14 games:

13.4 PTS/5.1 AST/2.6 REB/1.5 STL and 2.6 TO on 41.7% FG/37.5% 3PT/80.3% FT in 27.5 MPG (-2.3 +/-)

Per 36’s comparably:

DS:

20.6 PTS/9 AST/5.2 REB/2.5 STL and 3.3 TO

JT:

17.5 PTS/6.6 AST/3.4 REB/1.9 STL and 3.4 TO

• Like 3

Those are indeed impressive numbers for Dennis. However, I'm more impressed and pleased with his defensive effort, picking up full court and fighting through screens. Even when he gets switched on bigger players he still battles.

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Those are indeed impressive numbers for Dennis. However, I'm more impressed and pleased with his defensive effort, picking up full court and fighting through screens. Even when he gets switched on bigger players he still battles.

Agreed. He was giving Larkin fits with that full court press. I was lovin it. I hope he does that to all opposing pg's all year. Dennis is young so he can definitely handle doing it.

vor 1 Stunde, JayBirdHawk sagte:

Indeed. When Jeff was subbed back in the 2nd, it wasnt the offense so much that suffered, but suddenly BKN was piling up points. Likewise in the 3rd quarter. BKN scored one FT in a stretch of 5 minutes or whatever when Dennis came back in. But it has to be said: Larkin is better of playing baseball. But its a theme I noticed often, even when Dennis is chucking on offense, he mostly plays solid D 90% of the time and gets great coverage by his team-mates(usualy Al and Thabo) when calculating to let the opponent drive to the basket. He rarily ever fouls his man driving to the rim. When he fouls its usualy him helping in double-teams. That works out great.

He also seems to improve his offense with Millsap and Scott.

5 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Indeed. When Jeff was subbed back in the 2nd, it wasnt the offense so much that suffered, but suddenly BKN was piling up points. Likewise in the 3rd quarter. BKN scored one FT in a stretch of 5 minutes or whatever when Dennis came back in. But it has to be said: Larkin is better of playing baseball. But its a theme I noticed often, even when Dennis is chucking on offense, he mostly plays solid D 90% of the time and gets great coverage by his team-mates(usualy Al and Thabo) when calculating to let the opponent drive to the basket. He rarily ever fouls his man driving to the rim. When he fouls its usualy him helping in double-teams. That works out great.

He also seems to improve his offense with Millsap and Scott.

I guess until Bud makes Dennis a legitimate threat to take away Teague's starting spot, I doubt things will change. Teague seems to have became comfortable. 

• Premium Member

To be fair, I think Teague's recent play is a result of him turning his ankle... twice. He won't complain about it or sit out a game or two like he probably should, but it is affecting his performance on both ends of the court.

Yea - a few weeeks ago everyone here was screaming to trade Dennis, now its teague, hes not attacking when he crosses court, he is just probably holding back becausee of the ankle a little bit.  The team seems pretty obviously aware of its health at the end of thhe season and trying to manage that. We are just halfway now - still a lot to play. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Steve and the radio crew said its definately a different feeling around the team as opposed to last year concerning the deadline.  I would gladly welcome a shake-up that doesn't involve Sap or Dennis.

Yes.   I like almost every guy on this team so it's difficult for me to want to trade any of them but if we want to compete we have to put it all on the table.   And we have some guys that can bring back multiple players and we have a lot of filler too.   If I'm the brand new owner I'd be pushing for something to happen.     

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

To be fair, I think Teague's recent play is a result of him turning his ankle... twice. He won't complain about it or sit out a game or two like he probably should, but it is affecting his performance on both ends of the court.

That maybe true, but sometimes he just seems like he has checked out of games, like he has no interest in being on the court.  Off somewhere in Dreamland.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

I take a healthy Jeff Teague over Dennis any day of the week.  

I take an AGGRESSIVE Jeff Teague over Dennis but I never know if I'll get that.  That's my frustration with Jeff.

34 minutes ago, Alex said:

I take a healthy Jeff Teague over Dennis any day of the week.  

When you say 'healthy' are you taking mental health into account?  If so, then I agree with you.  Unfortunately sometimes even when healthy we get emoJeff who kinda just floats out there waiting for a hug or a preheated snuggy to just lay down in.

I agree a heated snuggy would feel great on a cold day like this but Jeff we got a game to play.

I doubt Teague is healthy, but I really do have to take Schröder's upside as a bit more than Teague. It's just that I wonder if he'll actually ever have a CONSISTENT jump shot. If he does not, he's basically another Rondo, and the days of a Rondo being considered a top PG in the NBA are long over.

He already plays better defense and his decision making is getting better. I have very little problem with what I've seen from him for about 4-6 weeks.

^Looking at Rondo's form, it is no where comparable. Rondo just can not shoot from anywhere, not even the FT line these years. Dennis had 51% from 3 in Germany(thats a crazy number in Germany as well) and he has 40+% from 3 trough various stretches in the NBA. So when he has a comfort-level going he can be a very potent 3 point shooter. His 3 and his mid-range jumper dont come automatic though. He isnt doing a Kobe out there. He shoots mostly good shots out of set-ups and triplle-treath situations that the game gives him.  At times his shot is to static, going trough the motions and messing up somewhere along the way up ending up in air-balls. Dennis either hits, rims out or makes high arching air-balls. Its never just hitting bricks like Rondo. Teague is more creative in this department but not elite at it either. But all comes with pro's and cons.

Regarding Teague's ankle. If it is so, he's at a stage of his career where his ankle is part of his game.  A problem we had last year as well.  Oh, I hate to be like this...but it is true, it is no longer something extraordinarily that just goes away in a week or two. Even when these things heal they haunt you making moves on the court, afraid of coming back. Youthful Dennis always plays hard like he's immortal.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

If there really are health issues (ankle) I'd say it's stupid to hold back your upcoming young bench player by not starting him and not to give your last year's all star some time off to get healthy. The only reason not to do so is it may lower Jeff's short term trade value...

Not to mention there would be a chance to showcase Mack more.

I also don't know how that would work out in future negotiations with Dennis. ("I wasn't even starting when Jeff has been injured...")

Edited by rd79