Anyone else noticed how ruthlessly efficient and effective Schröder has been lately?

bumpyphish1

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Diesel said:

That's a strong possibility.    All the Jeff Hate blinds you to everything else sometimes.   My point is that I don't think a PG will fetch much from anybody.  I can't point to a PGless team in this league.  Everybody has somebody that can do the job and I don't think that Jeff would fetch us more as a trade than he would on the floor.  That, plus, I just don't trust Dennis.

I agree with some of this but the Knicks need a better point guard to even think about success.  

I'd still say it's (unless we suddenly become a legit contender or the owners are ready to pay two pointguards VERY well long term)

A) Trade one and get lesser value back on a PG rich league

B) Don't trade and loose one for nothing

I think it depends on offers. Is there something offered what Bud values more than a 1 year rental of Teague or a 2 year rental of Dennis (QO scenario)?

Edited by rd79

20 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Is a Teague for Ariza swap possible considering their salaries? @hawksfanatic @JayBirdHawk

id even expand it and try to get Terrence Jones somehow.

Yes it works, they're both around $8m. Jeffy does have a trade kicker that the Hogs would have to pay and that gets the Rox even closer to the Hard Cap. So like yeah it's possible, but I don't see it happening.

2 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

Yes it works, they're both around $8m. Jeffy does have a trade kicker that the Hogs would have to pay and that gets the Rox even closer to the Hard Cap. So like yeah it's possible, but I don't see it happening.

I'd be scared to completely trust Dennis too. Yup. Also the Teague road jersey I bought last year would lose value ..lol

16 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Whatever, he has been terrible and should not have been out there ... Felt lucky that went in

That's absurd.   The unit Dennis led is what brought us back into the game.  And that he hadn't been shooting well and still had the confidence to take a drill a shot that was an absolute "take" given the score, moment, and him being open is EXACTLY what I mean about Teague not having the stones.  Had he been having a rough shooting night, he never would have pulled it....and if by some chance he did, his hesitation would have made it a definite miss.

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, bumpyphish1 said:

That's absurd.   The unit Dennis led is what brought us back into the game.  And that he hadn't been shooting well and still had the confidence to take a drill a shot that was an absolute "take" given the score, moment, and him being open is EXACTLY what I mean about Teague not having the stones.  Had he been having a rough shooting night, he never would have pulled it....and if by some chance he did, his hesitation would have made it a definite miss.

JR Smith would have had the stones to pull the shot too.  Does this make him somebody we should be interested in?  Having a PG who doesn't trust the system and has no conscious about going into Hero Mode is not going to win games.  It looks good when it goes in because of the video game perception of most fans, but Bud works on a level greater than some video game hero ball.  IF Dennis can't reign in it and play the offense, then I don't see any need to clear room for him to be the starter.  Just like I don't see the Need to go burning up the phone lines to get a shot at JR Smith or Josh Smith.

41 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Bud works on a level greater than some video game hero ball. 

Uuummm....you do know it's Bud who let's Dennis play in lieu of Teague,  so it seems as if he prefers Dennis' 'hero ball' as opposed to Teague's whatever he's not doing - that's more telling than anything.