This⬇️

benhillboy

Very interesting - nothing we haven't talked about on the Squawk.

Do we want to pay Al a max deal.

Teague expected to take the next step and he hasn't.

Korver's struggles from 3.

I agree that Mack is not the ideal back-up with the penetrating PGs this offense requires.  He's serviceable to a point I guess.

Would y'all do something like Korver to OKC for Kanter?  Another of my rando musings and wonderings.  I don't even like Kanter but I know OKC needs shooting.  Hey, nobody but us watches Hawks games so they probably don't even know Kyle's become white Josh Smith.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I heard on the radio this 4 game road trip will tell the direction the Hawks will proceed at the trade deadline - stay the course or shake things up.

I'll believe that when I see it.  Who said that, our friend Kamla?  Lemme guess, we're trading for Howard again?

Seriously though, it'd be a good guess to say this trip could be telling for them.  Seeing Jeff get (apparently) benched last night could speak volumes.

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I heard on the radio this 4 game road trip will tell the direction the Hawks will proceed at the trade deadline - stay the course or shake things up.

So we will probably beat the Suns and Nuggets and go 3-1. So probably no trade. Lol. I wouldn't be shocked if Denver got us though. 

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yeah that sounds pretty weak to me if true.  I could see it if they were playing elite teams on this trip.  But, a four game road trip against all sub .500 teams isn't going to say more than what they've shown the last several months.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Just fyi, but Bud was on the radio yesterday and a couple of things stood out...

1-When asked about Millsap making the All Star team, he went out of his way to lump Horford in the conversation as being worthy of the team also even though he wasn't asked about Horf.  He didn't mention anyone else.

2-When asked if teams had called about Teague or Horford, he said they are happy with their group and feels like people around the league respect their players.  Kamla said "I'll take that as a yes".

• Like 2

I love Al but he is not an all star this year. I think he would even tell you that himself. I mean he graded us as a unite with a C- so I think he would probably grade himself similarly.

16 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Just fyi, but Bud was on the radio yesterday and a couple of things stood out...

1-When asked about Millsap making the All Star team, he went out of his way to lump Horford in the conversation as being worthy of the team also even though he wasn't asked about Horf.  He didn't mention anyone else.

2-When asked if teams had called about Teague or Horford, he said they are happy with their group and feels like people around the league respect their players.  Kamla said "I'll take that as a yes".

Kamla is such a turd.

28 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Yeah that sounds pretty weak to me if true.  I could see it if they were playing elite teams on this trip.  But, a four game road trip against all sub .500 teams isn't going to say more than what they've shown the last several months.

I imagine they'd be evaluating how they play regardless of who they play.  Kinda like, it doesn't matter if a shot goes in (for eval purposes), it matters more what shot is taken.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Kamla is such a turd.

I imagine they'd be evaluating how they play regardless of who they play.  Kinda like, it doesn't matter if a shot goes in (for eval purposes), it matters more what shot is taken.

Well Kamla's job is to get the best answer so...

And I just don't buy them basing critical and possibly longterm decisions on some four game stretch against bad teams regardless of how they play.  That just sounds like the perfect cop out to do nothing because they should win those games anyway even if their execution is bad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Well Kamla's job is to get the best answer so...

And I just don't buy them basing critical and possibly longterm decisions on some four game stretch against bad teams regardless of how they play.  That just sounds like the perfect cop out to do nothing because they should win those games anyway even if their execution is bad.

I hear you and I don't disagree.  I guess I'm just of the belief that, if they make a decision based on this 4-game stretch, it's probably based on how they already feel (if that makes sense).

all this is bullshit - there is no trade that makes us better that a team is going to do  - who are we going to get to put into this offense that will be as good as the guys we have, that have been working in the system - not to mention who would do that trade. Its just talking about trade for the sake of it, it just doesnt make sense to do it unless some team is dumb enough to be taken advantage of.  Dont think the bucks would trade Monroe for anyone on our team.  We dont need a forward.  I just cant see it realistically 

fan blog fluff piece - who is it hes saying we trade for??, ohhhhh cant go that far into it that would mean actually writing something we could realistically talk about.  These sites just push content - really the BR and PH have upped there game to levels where the content is not just conjecture - and thats why you dont see them make posts like this nearly as much as they used to.  Im just peeved the team is all of a sudden playing like this like everyone else, I think the best hope we have is Dennis gets things under control and THjr displaces Korver in the starting lineup by playoffs time.  

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I hear you and I don't disagree.  I guess I'm just of the belief that, if they make a decision based on this 4-game stretch, it's probably based on how they already feel (if that makes sense).

I get what you mean, but you know how it goes.  At the end of the day, if they win it tends to overshadow the negatives.

5 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

fan blog fluff piece - who is it hes saying we trade for??, ohhhhh cant go that far into it that would mean actually writing something we could realistically talk about.  These sites just push content - really the BR and PH have upped there game to levels where the content is not just conjecture - and thats why you dont see them make posts like this nearly as much as they used to.  Im just peeved the team is all of a sudden playing like this like everyone else, I think the best hope we have is Dennis gets things under control and THjr displaces Korver in the starting lineup by playoffs time.  

I feel you, but it's just a declaration of what we were afraid of.  "Treadmill" was the most hated word here for years.  You can't find one mention of it one calendar year ago.  Now with Kyle and Al's sharp decline, we're trying to slow run downhill.  

I don't mind that they didn't mention any trade scenarios, we can do that all day, knowing 99% of them won't materialize.  They simply laid out valid reasons why we've hit an immovable wall with these three players.  They even mentioned how bad the Millsap volume three point shooting is, something rarely touched on here because he's killing it in every other facet.

Its funny how the national media like Horford more than the "fans" do lol.    He is almost a lock on most All-star rosters.  I think the move has and continues to be for penetrating guard that can finish at the rim.  If that takes Teague or Dennis or Kyle, just make it happen.  

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

all this is bullshit - there is no trade that makes us better that a team is going to do  - who are we going to get to put into this offense that will be as good as the guys we have, that have been working in the system - not to mention who would do that trade. Its just talking about trade for the sake of it, it just doesnt make sense to do it unless some team is dumb enough to be taken advantage of.  Dont think the bucks would trade Monroe for anyone on our team.  We dont need a forward.  I just cant see it realistically 

I think there won't be a trade because we don't have much to offer that would bring back anything unless we are able to get some good cheap talent for picks.   I hate to beat a dead horse though but trades of difference makers happen every year and you only have to look at what the Cavs did last year to bring in Shump, JR, and Mozgov.   That put them in the finals and they basically gave up some future 1sts and dion waiters plus spare parts.