• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud without Ferry = FAIL!!!

JackB1

IMO, Danny Ferry was 100% responsible for that team that broke records last year.

All the moves Bud has made on his own since have been terrible:

Splitter??  What a joke.  The guy is worse than Zaza on a average day for Zaza.   He's the softest 7 footer I have ever seen and he's a horrible rebounder too.  What the heck did Bud see in this guy?  Have you ever seen a 7 footer than needs to finish under the basket with a reverse layup EVERY time???

Hardaway Jr???  Another joke.  What a wasted draft pick.   Hardaway Jr is a chucker...all there is to it.  He's still awful on defense and doesn't know when to shoot and when to pass.

Sorry to be so negative, but it's obvious Bud should stick to coaching and let someone else be GM.

Edited by JackB1

Ferry ain't making some magical move to help this team be a legit contender, in fact if you consider Carroll a key piece, he's a lot of the reason for the problems this season. As the reason why Carroll walked is because the team didn't have bird rights on him.

Here's what he would have done:

Traded the draft pick as well (so no shiny rookie that people seem to want badly). However I think it would have been traded for Jeremy Lamb instead.

Signed someone off of essentially the bargain bin, like Justin Holiday but maybe not him.

Traded for or signed a backup big man.

That is all he would have done.

Per Chris Mannix (atlanta radio, so no link),

The gist of it is:

Hawks have determined that they are not in position to compete for a Championship. Asking price for Al and Teague is high. IIRC, I heard  minimum of a 1st round pick and a young SF but not sure if that was for Al or Teague or both.

Ready to turn team over to Dennis, see him in a Tony Parker role.

37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Per Chris Mannix (atlanta radio, so no link),

The gist of it is:

Hawks have determined that they are not in position to compete for a Championship. Asking price for Al and Teague is high. IIRC, I heard  minimum of a 1st round pick and a young SF but not sure if that was for Al or Teague or both.

Ready to turn team over to Dennis, see him in a Tony Parker role.

Thats what i heard too. At least, they appear to be finally TRYING instead of sitting back. I would rather they trade teague and keep Horford though.

29 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

The criticism of bud as a gm is the most annoying thing I read on here. This man was in win now mode when acquiring Tiago and Tim.  He has been gm for 8 months tops. 

The moves yall expect him to make aren't there to be made. You going to trade one of our core guys after winning 60? Had he done that yall would be complain about why were deals made when we had a good core

You talking to ME.......LMAO. I  WAS one of those who said he was a terrible gm. Im coming around though to the fact they need to KEEP Horford.  Getting rid of Horford AND Teague, UNLESS they get a mega deal of a 1st round pick, a legit small forward and a bench guy is not a good deal.  If they cant get what they want for both, Teague would be the one i would get rid of, and thats only because Dennis and Mack can run the show.

6 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

You talking to ME.......LMAO. I  WAS one of those who said he was a terrible gm. Im coming around though to the fact they need to KEEP Horford.  Getting rid of Horford AND Teague, UNLESS they get a mega deal of a 1st round pick, a legit small forward and a bench guy is not a good deal.  If they cant get what they want for both, Teague would be the one i would get rid of, and thats only because Dennis and Mack can run the show.

That is the package he is currently looking for apparently. Chris Mannix just said so on 92.9. Coach bud is asking for a lot and that's music to my ears. I don't want to settle for an afflalo. If we make a move this year that takes us out of contention, I want building blocks that will be real good moving forward.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

That is the package he is currently looking for apparently. Chris Mannix just said so on 92.9. Coach bud is asking for a lot and that's music to my ears. I don't want to settle for an afflalo. If we make a move this year that takes us out of contention, I want building blocks that will be real good moving forward.

Yeap, I was listening to the radio too. Apparently, Ainge must have thought Kelly and a bunch of D league players was gonna get Teague and Horford........lmao

• Like 2

17 hours ago, skimaskway23 said:

Who is available tho? Who is bud passing on? What is the asking price for said players? Yall act like he had a deal for kawhi or some shit smh

No one cared about Korver, Millsap, Carroll or Bazemore before Ferry made the deals.  Millsap may be the only one that would have ever popped up on your "who is available" radar. 

Ferry's worst free agent/trade acquisiton was Lou Williams and that was only because he destroyed his knee.  Bud has already made multiple bad free agent/trade acquisitions in less than one year.

This team was doomed from the moment they let Ferry go.  It wouldn't be the Hawks without inept management though. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, skimaskway23 said:

Who is available tho? Who is bud passing on? What is the asking price for said players? Yall act like he had a deal for kawhi or some shit smh

Im talking about fillers for SF and bench players.  

2 hours ago, JETSET said:

No one cared about Korver, Millsap, Carroll or Bazemore before Ferry made the deals.  Millsap may be the only one that would have ever popped up on your "who is available" radar. 

Ferry's worst free agent/trade acquisiton was Lou Williams and that was only because he destroyed his knee.  Bud has already made multiple bad free agent/trade acquisitions in less than one year.

This team was doomed from the moment they let Ferry go.  It wouldn't be the Hawks without inept management though. 

All I want to know is will you be changing your name to 'NetSet' when he lands in BKN?

Seriously though, c'mon dude.  It's done.  Not even worth talking about anymore.  We may as well ponder what Sund and Afroman would do with the roster.  

2 hours ago, JETSET said:

Bad free agent and trade acquisitions? TIago, Tim, and holiday were meant to be complimentary pieces on a team that was knocking on the door to the finals. They aren't to blame. We had 4 allstars, this year we have 1. None of our guys brought it besides millsap

Where we are hurting, which was unforeseeable, is the regression of our backcourt. Up until this year Teague has improved every yr. Korver shot the ball significantly better last yr. That is the difference between a 1 seed and the 4 seed for us.

Would u have preferred bud to not make any trades? Again, you complain about who we acquired but who the hell else was available? No team is willing to give away promising young stars.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Ok,  Trevor Ariza , Omri Casspi, Jae Crowder, Wesley Johnson, and Derrick Williams to start.

Wh ... wait, Cassissippi and Derrick Williams for us?

NO NO NO

C'mon Uncle Vol4 {in Mark Jackson voice}, "You're better than that."

2 hours ago, skimaskway23 said:

Bad free agent and trade acquisitions? TIago, Tim, and holiday were meant to be complimentary pieces on a team that was knocking on the door to the finals. They aren't to blame. We had 4 allstars, this year we have 1. None of our guys brought it besides millsap

Where we are hurting, which was unforeseeable, is the regression of our backcourt. Up until this year Teague has improved every yr. Korver shot the ball significantly better last yr. That is the difference between a 1 seed and the 4 seed for us.

Would u have preferred bud to not make any trades? Again, you complain about who we acquired but who the hell else was available? No team is willing to give away promising young stars.

You seemed to have completely missed my point.  Millsap, Demarre, Kyle, Kent.  These guys weren't household names or promising young stars when Ferry poached them for next to nothing.