• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Spinoff thread on replacing Al Horford

Lurker

Here's my GM moves:

1. Resign Al

2. Renounce Bazemore

3. Sign Nicolas Batum

4. Trade Teague to Minnesota for Levine and Dieng (they'll need a PG to move on from Rubio) (no one needs to point out Minny doesn't do this,  lol)

New rotation for 2016:

PG: Dennis, Levine, Mack

SG: THJr, Korver,  Patterson

SF: Batum, Thabo, Holiday

PF: Millsap, Scott, Moose

C: Al, Dieng, Edy (Splitter vanished, traded for a 2nd Round pick)

I haven't checked salaries.

@TheFuzz That's my assumption too: re-sign Bawse on a short max deal and package IceTeague with a top bench player and a pick for a large all-star 3. Gotta find a trading partner who needs an all-star 1 and already has a decent Plan B at 3. Gallinari? Harris? George? Hayward? Melo, Leonard, and/or Durant aren't happening...

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Batum will be extremely paid this summer. 

Let's face FACTS - EVERYBODY will be extremely paid this summer, wether it's deserving or not.  That's just the current NBA landscape. 

The Hawks will have to pony up for their own players or free agents.

Max contracts being handed out like candy on Halloween is the norm now, not the exception.

3 hours ago, hazer said:

@TheFuzz That's my assumption too: re-sign Bawse on a short max deal and package IceTeague with a top bench player and a pick for a large all-star 3. Gotta find a trading partner who needs an all-star 1 and already has a decent Plan B at 3. Gallinari? Harris? George? Hayward? Melo, Leonard, and/or Durant aren't happening...

Here's the thing though, I think Dennis is the one that has to go to land one of those guys. Teague ain't gonna get that done. That's why I'm of the mind that if we resign Horford, we deal Dennis for one of those wings and roll with Teague/Sap/Horford/Hayward (hypothetically). If we deal Horford or don't resign him, we should deal Teague instead.

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Here's my GM moves:

1. Resign Al

2. Renounce Bazemore

3. Sign Nicolas Batum

4. Trade Teague to Minnesota for Levine and Dieng (they'll need a PG to move on from Rubio) (no one needs to point out Minny doesn't do this,  lol)

New rotation for 2016:

PG: Dennis, Levine, Mack

SG: THJr, Korver,  Patterson

SF: Batum, Thabo, Holiday

PF: Millsap, Scott, Moose

C: Al, Dieng, Edy (Splitter vanished, traded for a 2nd Round pick)

I haven't checked salaries.

I actually think Levine is a better 2 than a 1. He would be a GREAT addition to the Hawks.  I really like these moves. But, yes, probably won't happen.

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

Scratch Hayward from that list.  Utah is not trading him or Hood for Jeff or Dennis.

Yea, that's the issue, I don't think any of those wings are available. Top end wings are hot commodities, particularly young ones, so I'd say Teague being gone is more likely.

4 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

Yea, that's the issue, I don't think any of those wings are available. Top end wings are hot commodities, particularly young ones, so I'd say Teague being gone is more likely.

Naw, we need Jeff a lot more than we need a Bazemore type regardless