• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JTB said:

This trade may be suitable for the time being.

56bb38be8d73f_ScreenShot2016-02-10at8.18

I know what Oladipo can bring to the table but Im not sure about Aaron Gordon. Both players are extremely young and still have some pretty high potential but I don't think they can both HELP right away and Bud probably won't go for that which I don't blame him Im just throwing out an trade idea. Teague is obviously more valuable than them right now but he may have hit his ceiling already.

I guess the real question is...can Gordon play SF? The only thing I remember from him at Arizona is that he was extremely athletic but can he come over and split minutes at SF with Thabo and Korver?

Starting lineup would be:

Dennis, Korver, Thabo, Sap, Horford

Bench lineup would be:

Oladipo, Bazemore, Gordon, Scott, Splitter

Hmmmmm guess its not worth it if we can get a player who can start right away...though Oladipo could start in the back court with  Dennis but defense is going to be absolutely terrible which is why I would rather start Baze in that situation. BUT AGAIN IM JUST THROWING THIS OUT THERE...NOT SAYING ANY OF THIS IS A GOOD TRADE.

I don't know, I think I might go for that trade.  Both of those guys are really young and still have room for growth.  I suspect the Hawks want to have their cake and eat it too, wanting to be great now and have prospects for the future.  They're going to have to decide what's more important...the future or what they think they can do with this team now.

REGARDLESS of any rumors I still want to see this trade go down....56bb3b6231cd5_ScreenShot2016-02-10at8.29

GO BIG OR GO HOME....GET VALUE OR DO NOTHING....DONT WORRY BLAKE WILL attract player to come play with him.....Hey @NBASupes this one is for you so you don't have to see ya boy go....

56bb3beec0751_ScreenShot2016-02-10at8.32

I don't care which deal is done...Blake attracts more talent to Atlanta than Sap, Horford, Teague, or Korver ever will. Im sure when a player look at Atlanta and see that they can play with Blake and Sap or Blake and Horford their eyes will open wide and for ONCE we will see players pushing down the damn door to come to Atlanta. We haven't had a huge star name since Nique...Blake isn't on Piques level but players in todays NBA league flock to star name players to be on their team. Its hard for anyone to say Im wrong because again we haven't had a star in Atlanta to see how other players react but what we have had were B-level players at best and we know the results....TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT...get a star name here and watch the talent flock to ATL.

Edited by JTB

10 minutes ago, JTB said:

This trade may be suitable for the time being.

56bb38be8d73f_ScreenShot2016-02-10at8.18

I know what Oladipo can bring to the table but Im not sure about Aaron Gordon. Both players are extremely young and still have some pretty high potential but I don't think they can both HELP right away and Bud probably won't go for that which I don't blame him Im just throwing out an trade idea. Teague is obviously more valuable than them right now but he may have hit his ceiling already.

I guess the real question is...can Gordon play SF? The only thing I remember from him at Arizona is that he was extremely athletic but can he come over and split minutes at SF with Thabo and Korver?

Starting lineup would be:

Dennis, Korver, Thabo, Sap, Horford

Bench lineup would be:

Oladipo, Bazemore, Gordon, Scott, Splitter

Hmmmmm guess its not worth it if we can get a player who can start right away...though Oladipo could start in the back court with  Dennis but defense is going to be absolutely terrible which is why I would rather start Baze in that situation. BUT AGAIN IM JUST THROWING THIS OUT THERE...NOT SAYING ANY OF THIS IS A GOOD TRADE.

Gordon is a Hawks system SF. Too much of a tweener for most teams but our system likes tweener SF

Edited by NBASupes

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They aren't trading Fournier. He's too valuable to winning for them. They would trade Gordon and Harris before Evan. 

Thought about that but I wonder if they want to pay Fournier?  

They elected to resign Harris and now regretting it.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They aren't trading Fournier. He's too valuable to winning for them. They would trade Gordon and Harris before Evan. 

I don't think we can get Gordon so easily but maybe so...I think they may ask for something crazy for him and oladipo.

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

REGARDLESS of any rumors I still want to see this trade go down....56bb3b6231cd5_ScreenShot2016-02-10at8.29

GO BIG OR GO HOME....GET VALUE OR DO NOTHING....DONT WORRY BLAKE WILL attract player to come play with him.....Hey @NBASupes this one is for you so you don't have to see ya boy go....

56bb3beec0751_ScreenShot2016-02-10at8.32

I don't care which deal is done...Blake attracts more talent to Atlanta than Sap, Horford, Teague, or Korver ever will. Im sure when a player look at Atlanta and see that they can play with Blake and Sap or Blake and Horford their eyes will open wide and for ONCE we will see players pushing down the damn door to come to Atlanta. We haven't had a huge star name since Nique...Blake isn't on Piques level but players in todays NBA league flock to star name players to be on their team. Its hard for anyone to say Im wrong because again we haven't had a star in Atlanta to see how other players react but what we have had were B-level players at best and we know the results....TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT...get a star name here and watch the talent flock to ATL.

That Horford Teague trade for Griffin is Uber bad

The Millsap trade isn't bad, just it's a lateral move

LOL naw we not getting this guy and Oladipo just for Teague....you can see the potential even though these are just highlights!...well let me say you can see the potential huge potential he can have on this hawks team! My goodness we need a guy like this.....

So who else could we part with to go along with Teague?...cause Teague more than likely aint enough if we are trying to be realistic about this.

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thought about that but I wonder if they want to pay Fournier?  

They elected to resign Harris and now regretting it.

He's the one player on their roster with winning pairings. It's not Victor. He's a winning piece. Those who do that and are young are players you would want to hold to. He's good for winning Basketball 

@JTB yeah Gordon could start for us but right away, I am not sure he can beat out Bazemore not knowing our system. 

Edited by NBASupes

The reason for oladipo making sense is he attacks the rim most of the time, is one of the best at gaurding the 3pt line and is willing to take contact, he led the league in charges and is very good at taking them, having a physical presence like that will open things up again and force teams not to play us the way they used  to - Dipo typicall gaurds the other teams best player  because of his lateral quickness, hes is good defender -  it basically lets us change things around and how we run our offense - while not as good as it was last year until it starts to gel, long term will be harder for teams to shut down.  

I don't think Orlando gives us both Oladipo and Gordon (that would be ideal)

How about Oladipo and Jason Smith (he is what I thought Moose would be) plus something else.  I haven't checked his rebounding numbers though.

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

LOL naw we not getting this guy and Oladipo just for Teague....you can see the potential even though these are just highlights!...well let me say you can see the potential huge potential he can have on this hawks team! My goodness we need a guy like this.....

So who else could we part with to go along with Teague?...cause Teague more than likely aint enough if we are trying to be realistic about this.

He's not going to ever get much better in Orlando,  too much of a log jam, not good enough to overtake the guys and is too much of a tweener. With that said, he's a good prospect with a lot of talent but so most of their prospects. 

• Moderators

I would think Fournier would be available.   He's a free agent this summer too right?

If we keep Teague and Horf I think we should figure a way to get Tyreke Evans.   He's available, only one more year on his contract and we could use some firepower in the playoffs.   I know he may not be a long term Hawk but we need scoring on the wing.  

Just now, NBASupes said:

He's not going to ever get much better in Orlando,  too much of a log jam, not good enough to overtake the guys and is too much of a tweener. With that said, he's a good prospect with a lot of talent but so most of their prospects. 

Is he a SF or PF?

4 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/film-room-victor-oladipo-playing-elite-defense

plenty out there on how much oladipo has improved on defense - he s not horrible by any stretch, its 2016 ppl 

Im not shocked at all by the improvement on defense. The dude is an all out hustler and leaves it on the floor. I honestly believe his ceiling is higher than Teagues being that he is just 23 years old.

The only thing Oladipo don't have over Teague is speed and experience....as far as shooting I think Oladipo would do better on his shooting if he was on a better team but thats just my predictions. He can fit in Buds system and would offer some much needed ISO ability when it is needed.....Teagues ISO ability is all about penetration if he can't  penetrate he doesn't really have another go to iso move other than taking his man off the dribble but at the same time it is rare that Teague cannot penetrate when he wants to due to his speed but other times if he's passive which is unfortunately common for him it also stops his penetration too just because he wants to be soft. Oladipo on the other hand has some good go to offense moves including step backs, etc...that he's not afraid to go to when need be and that plays into his aggressive hustle style attitude he has. The mans not afraid of the BIG moments....but like any young player he of course will need to continue to develop his game in these areas but again his ceiling to me is higher than Teagues mainly due to age. Lets face it Teague is running out of time to be more than just an elite penetrator, eventually his speed will go.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I would think Fournier would be available.   He's a free agent this summer too right?

If we keep Teague and Horf I think we should figure a way to get Tyreke Evans.   He's available, only one more year on his contract and we could use some firepower in the playoffs.   I know he may not be a long term Hawk but we need scoring on the wing.  

Tyreke Evans is out for the season.  Doubt he gets moved now.