• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Every year this happens, usually to other fanbases but a bunch of rumors come out from "radio" host and they are always pretty lopsided trades to get listeners to call in and talk about the "potential" trade that could involve that team. Every year around this time so please let's not post every bad trade idea. 

You mean don't post bad trade ideas involving your boy  Horfy.

Let's be real, Broussard even said it in the radio link Jay posted. The offers Houston is getting for Howard is very low in value. Atlanta doesn't want him like that. It's unlikely HOU will trade him even though they want to.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=14780754

Edited by NBASupes

6 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

NBC Sports reports that if Dwight Howard is traded from the Rockets, he would want to join his hometown atlhawks or the Heat.

That's not unknown. I think we know he's interested in being a part of the Hawks now. The issue is, is he worth the price tag alone.  That's a no. Well then is he worth the assets like Jeff Teague? That's where we all have questions and we all are curious as well. 

Edited by NBASupes

but, but, i thought big time free agents dont wanna come to Atlanta. I rest my case:

As reported by Chris Broussard of ESPN, Howard is looking to become a member of the Atlanta Hawks. When the Rockets were struggling last year, Howard and his agents were apparently looking for a way out. While nothing came of it, Broussard reports that they reached out to Atlanta.

“Even last year his representation talked to the Hawks about ‘Hey, it may be not working out in Houston… What do you guys think?’ He’s from Atlanta. He needs some love.”

Broussard then doubled down and said that Howard’s stance on the Hawks has not changed.

“I’m told he would like to get to Atlanta.”

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2798295/nba-trade-rumors-dwight-howard-would-like-to-be-traded-to-the-atlanta-hawks/#BKJybGvG8qT618v7.99

Edited by Hawkmoor

7 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

but, but, i thought big time free agents dont wanna come to Atlanta. I rest my case:

As reported by Chris Broussard of ESPN, Howard is looking to become a member of the Atlanta Hawks. When the Rockets were struggling last year, Howard and his agents were apparently looking for a way out. While nothing came of it, Broussard reports that they reached out to Atlanta.

“Even last year his representation talked to the Hawks about ‘Hey, it may be not working out in Houston… What do you guys think?’ He’s from Atlanta. He needs some love.”

Broussard then doubled down and said that Howard’s stance on the Hawks has not changed.

“I’m told he would like to get to Atlanta.”

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2798295/nba-trade-rumors-dwight-howard-would-like-to-be-traded-to-the-atlanta-hawks/#BKJybGvG8qT618v7.99

Tough titties for him.

He had his chance to sign when he was a BIG TIME FREE agent.  

Now it's tough going in Houston he can't hack it.

Now Houston can't give him away except for peanuts.  Pass

It's shocking how many people believe that horford is way better than Howard at this point in their careers. Personally I think Howard isn't as good as the magic days of course and he clearly can't work with dynamic guards like Kobe and Harden . But I do believe Howard needs a team like the Hawks, Celtics, Suns...3 point teams that will basically space the whole floor. He hasn't had that situation since leaving Orlando and to me it seems to be the only offense he can really work in. A pace and space type Spurs offense except bud likes to take more 3s than pop. Horford is a great fit but I'm tired of watching him get beat down in the paint by much bigger centers. I think horford is better at certain things than Howard like offense all together but it's no telling what Howard can do if he can get shooters around him again.

Howard can also rebound better and protect the rim better. He can't space the floor like horford and he's slower than horford but he more powerful. 

Rebounds are the best way to beat Atlanta and we all know it. If our shots aren't dropping and we allow a ton of rebounds it's over for us! That's what happen in the ECF. If Howard grabs the rebounds and can get easy put backs or kick it out for open 3s we can be a real threat.

Now here's the thing I would only trade for Howard for a straight up swap with horford. If they want Teague they have to get another team involved or give us back something else of value that we need...like Ariza and it's a deal! I think that's a fair trade for both teams.

Just now, JTB said:

It's shocking how many people believe that horford is way better than Howard at this point in their careers. Personally I think Howard isn't as good as the magic days of course and he clearly can't work with dynamic guards like Kobe and Harden . But I do believe Howard needs a team like the Hawks, Celtics, Suns...3 point teams that will basically space the whole floor. He hasn't had that situation since leaving Orlando and to me it seems to be the only offense he can really work in. A pace and space type Spurs offense except bud likes to take more 3s than pop. Horford is a great fit but I'm tired of watching him get beat down in the paint by much bigger centers. I think horford is better at certain things than Howard like offense all together but it's no telling what Howard can do if he can get shooters around him again.

Howard can also rebound better and protect the rim better. He can't space the floor like horford and he's slower than horford but he more powerful. 

Rebounds are the best way to beat Atlanta and we all know it. If our shots aren't dropping and we allow a ton of rebounds it's over for us! That's what happen in the ECF. If Howard grabs the rebounds and can get easy put backs or kick it out for open 3s we can be a real threat.

Now here's the thing I would only trade for Howard for a straight up swap with horford. If they want Teague they have to get another team involved or give us back something else of value that we need...like Ariza and it's a deal! I think that's a fair trade for both teams.

Put it like this........ Howard is not dependable.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Tough titties for him.

He had his chance to sign when he was a BIG TIME FREE agent.  

Now it's tough going in Houston he can't hack it.

Now Houston can't give him away except for peanuts.  Pass

Nope, honestly, he's a good plan b if Horford leaves but he's not really an option otherwise. Trading Jeff for him is counterproductive. 

@JayBirdHawk, you think Philly would trade Saric and LA's 1st for Teague. 

I know it's unlikely for them to trade their 1st or Okafor but Saric and LA's 1st could come in handy in 2017. I would wait till the draft before I do any trades for Teague for prospects. We still trying to win games. 

Edited by NBASupes

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

He is better than Howard. Have you seen Howard in the last two seasons?  He's not even LA's Howard much less Orlando's. He's worse with the same mentality. Man, stop it, you sound crazy as hell. 

Edited by NBASupes