• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is he coming over and is he available?

BFD

I don't know;  I get the feeling the stalling is motivated by the '6ers lack of motivation to field an actual team.  Also, trying to avoid the rookie wage-scale.  I think he has 2 more seasons to avoid that IIRC

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

BFD

I don't know;  I get the feeling the stalling is motivated by the '6ers lack of motivation to field an actual team.  Also, trying to avoid the rookie wage-scale.  I think he has 2 more seasons to avoid that IIRC

hay, she'z cute.

• Like 1

Trade Teague.  Horford is exactly what this teams loves. A team guy that can defend, and shoot. 

I love Jeff, but give Denis a shot. Besides, Jeff has a year left on his contract and will get us a SG in a trade that we desperately need.  Korver is no longer a starter. He'd be fantastic off the bench. 

This to me is a shuffle of the cards, not a blow up, and it might just come up aces. 

• Like 2

Just now, ATLiott said:

Trade Teague.  Horford is exactly what this teams loves. A team guy that can defend, and shoot. 

I love Jeff, but give Denis a shot. Besides, Jeff has a year left on his contract and will get us a SG in a trade that we desperately need.  Korver is no longer a starter. He'd be fantastic off the bench. 

This to me is a shuffle of the cards, not a blow up, and it might just come up aces. 

And give Horf a max. We ain't getting better than him in FA. 

• Like 1

Boston fans obviously thinks Horford is garbage with the trades they come up with.

I've been going through some b-ball forums where they all believe they can pull Horford and Love before tomorrow with just Bradley/Lee/and the 2 non-Nets picks.

And on top of that - those moves are to lure KD. So they think they can have : Thomas / Smart / Durant / Love / Horford with Crowder and the Nets pick.

What are Boston fans smoking? While we're over here dreaming of McLemore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

I know I couldn't. I'd basically be a combo of Hawksfanatic and Spud2Nique with all that drinking and eating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanted to like this but for the first time in my squawk career, I reached 100 likes...lol...

ps I just watched new girl on DVR from Monday night and I want a couple coronas and a burrito ...oh, and Megan Fox...:-)...

oh, also...no to Rudy Gay...yes to Okafor but only for Teague not Horford...Yes to Pau for Mike Scott, Mack and a 1st....and no to Boston period. Also would love to pick at the Nuggets roster a tad. That's what I got from reading 20 pages on this thread.

21 minutes ago, RWF said:

Boston fans obviously thinks Horford is garbage with the trades they come up with.

I've been going through some b-ball forums where they all believe they can pull Horford and Love before tomorrow with just Bradley/Lee/and the 2 non-Nets picks.

And on top of that - those moves are to lure KD. So they think they can have : Thomas / Smart / Durant / Love / Horford with Crowder and the Nets pick.

I been hearing that they might just added the Brooklyn pick but we all know that isn't going to happen after what happen that they didn't get Tim Duncan

It would take someone on Griffin’s level to get Ainge to part with the first-round pick from Brooklyn, but sources tell the Herald it would definitely be on the table in that case.

That would not be so for some of the other very good, but not transcendent types that have also been discussed with the Celts. The pick would not be in play for Al Horford, but that matter seems moot anyway. The C’s have had no recent talks with Atlanta about him, and, in addition to what the Hawks might want should they move him, it is clear from sources that the Celts are not willing to pay the 6-foot-10 center big money when he becomes a free agent in the summer.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2016/02/bulpett_celtics_still_aiming_for_big_deal

18 hours ago, Diesel said:

Dennis is a me first PG.   I don't know if that will translate into a star in Bud's system.   Moreover, I don't know if it would translate to team winning in any other system.   I believe that Dennis has really good skills, but his mind is not changed.  He's done a little of what Bud has asked (if Parker is the model) however, he still does a lot of his own thing.   It kills me to see an offense that shows ball movement reduced to Dennis pounding the ball, and moving guys around so that he can drive.   If you were ever critical of IsoJoe, then you should be familiar with IsoSchro.  I think if you trade Teague and give Dennis this offense, then it won't be long before IsoSchro gets rid of this offense and Bud.

About Upside... What's that?  It's nothing.   How long did we talk about the upside of Marvin Williams?   I believe that Dennis is skilled and can do a lot of things... However, Just like Josh Smith, your mentality will overcome your skills everytime.   His mentality is me-first PG.  You put power into his hands and watch what happens next.  Being a backup is better for him.  Some guys are just better off the bench.

Posts like this are why you are a joke to 50% of the board--the sensible half.

17 hours ago, rd79 said:

Again, if Dennis wouldn't do what he is supposed to Bud would bench him. I remember a recent interview where was said the coaching staff encourages Dennis to drive MORE to the basket. 

Dennis is good kid who believes in his strenghts but he seems to be a good teammate (towel waiving...) he also has shown leader qualities (last year Al mentioned post game after a comeback win that Dennis challanged the whole team to turn the game around).

Dennis looks for Bud's eye contact very often before calling a play. He does exactly what the coaches want him to do. 

Some are mad about some of his early shot clock threes, but of you know that they often come 30 to 35 seconds before a qtr ends, you may get the reason for them. Two for one opportunities! He looks for a quick finish to get that extra possession and if no good shot for a teammate is there he will let it fly. But it doesn't matter if he misses, because we will get the ball back again, what we wouldn't if he uses the whole 24s.

THIS.  Read up, Diesel.

17 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Teague not consistent with being aggressive like Parker or Dennis. THATS why the Hawks coaching staff find him expendable. 

YEP.

11 hours ago, Diesel said:

The problem with Horford is that he lacks the heart to play and do the dirty work.

He's not a max contract player in the league.  I wonder if Bud thinks he's Max for Budball?

Posts like this are why you are a joke to 50% of the board--the sensible half.

11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

All three are music to my ears.  Suggests Al likely to stay and Teague could be gone.

11 hours ago, monteg said:

We are going to get rid of both. There not going to resign al or teauge .  

We are going to get rid of both. There not going to resign al or teauge .  

Wrong.  We will re-sign Al.  1000%.

1 hour ago, ATLiott said:

Yep yep.

Just now, RWF said:

BS that they would trade the pick or BS that they won't do so for Horford?

I got with both, besides they will not be that stupid to trade away something that can change their fates but I will like to know why nobody in the FO is saying that the store is closed?

• Like 1

Re: the Gasol love.  His strengths are the same as Horf and 'Sap.  You want yet another tweener PF/C?  

Furthermore, people who say Pau is better now than Horf are silly.  Al is younger, has much better handles, and is a much better shooter.  Pure nonsense.  I want no part of Pau.  If we get a big, it better be a beefy Center.

13 minutes ago, monteg said:

Dude Ben Simmons is not going to be a sixer.

Not sure how you know the picks of the NBA lottery already but can you tell us what pick the Hawks will get for this years draft since you know for sure Simmons won't be a 76er? .....hold on....let me grab my popcorn 

Edited by JTB

1 hour ago, RWF said:

Lol naw they are just use to our terrible front office for so many years. It's still to be determined how bad or good budcox is but we will find out shortly won't we ....

• Like 1