• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

45 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

This Paul Gasol thing is gonna expose the Hawks.  All Chicago wants is a rotational guy and a good  (high) draft pick. The excuses made for the Hawks:

1.  certain players dont fit the scheme.

2. certain players have character issues.

3. the salary structure.

4. giving up too much for a player.

5. dont blow the team up.

Gasol eliminates all that, PLUS, he would allow the Hawks to move Horford to forward and max him.   They could keep their starters intact and add to it.  The fit is too perfect. The whole situation gonna expose the Hawks for the fraud organization they are.  They could offer Splitter AND Scott and a pick and wouldnt be hurting in this situation.

NO they want way more than that - they already came out and said it 2 hours after this BS was posted, theres plenty of trade feeds out there with consolidated info organized by specific rumor.  CHI was not shopping Gasol "aggresivlely" 

6 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

This just in....Kings and Cavs interested in a Gay Love swap, @kg01 intrigued as well...:-|

ps I'll be here all week folks ...don't forget to tip your waitresses.

I can't lie, that right there was pretty funny.

Colbert Busting Up

Ah well, blind squirrel finds a nut erry once in a while.  Kudos.  Would've also accepted, "... now that's an idea Dolfan23 can get behind ..." or STTE.

17 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Schröder for Okafor??? This can't be true. If they want Schro that bad, go for it!

I don't believe they'd ever do that, especially with Colangelo there.  A long-standing axiom in the NBA is you never trade big for small.

Also, the one phrase in that article that basically torpedoed the whole thing is when the writer says Atlanta is trying to "start it's rebuilding process".  We're not rebuilding ... at all.

13 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

This just in....Kings and Cavs interested in a Gay Love swap, @kg01 intrigued as well...:-|

ps I'll be here all week folks ...don't forget to tip your waitresses.

How's the veal?

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I can't lie, that right there was pretty funny.

Colbert Busting Up

Ah well, blind squirrel finds a nut erry once in a while.  Kudos.  Would've also accepted, "... now that's an idea Dolfan23 can get behind ..." or STTE.

I don't believe they'd ever do that, especially with Colangelo there.  A long-standing axiom in the NBA is you never trade big for small.

Also, the one phrase in that article that basically torpedoed the whole thing is when the writer says Atlanta is trying to "start it's rebuilding process".  We're not rebuilding ... at all.

Lmao ...spank you very much!

• Premium Member

I know, I know... the only teams that should really give a crap are the ones who are currently serious contenders and we don't (yet) qualify. But nonetheless... it's still interesting to keep in the back of your mind that if you give-up the 11th player on your roster in a trade, there's a potential to replace  him if you've got the roster slot and exception with which to sign him.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

ps I would have liked your comment @hazer but apparently I've hit 100 likes for the day, the limit :-(

Yeah... on topic, I think once you reach that number, it's considered beyond just friendly and edges into flirtatious.  ;)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Tastes great! @kg01 is splitting the skirt steak with @Dolfan23 though...

ps I would have liked your comment @hazer but apparently I've hit 100 likes for the day, the limit :-(

@Dolfan23 is totally a vegan.

8 minutes ago, sturt said:

I know, I know... the only teams that should really give a crap are the ones who are currently serious contenders and we don't (yet) qualify. But nonetheless... it's still interesting to keep in the back of your mind that if you give-up the 11th player on your roster in a trade, there's a potential to replace  him if you've got the roster slot and exception with which to sign him.

I'd really like it if we could pick up Lee.

http://www.morningnewsusa.com/nba-trade-rumors-spurs-hawks-discuss-al-horford-danny-green-trade-2357720.html

Horford for Danny F'ing Green.   I am officially done with the Trade Deadline.    What editor let's his reporter report obviously insane crap like this.  Yeah Lemarcus Aldridge for Bazemore.      F you "sports" writers.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HawkItus said:

http://www.morningnewsusa.com/nba-trade-rumors-spurs-hawks-discuss-al-horford-danny-green-trade-2357720.html

Horford for Danny F'ing Green.   I am officially done with the Trade Deadline.    What editor let's his reporter report obviously insane crap like this.  Yeah Lemarcus Aldridge for Bazemore.      F you "sports" writers.

Haha...ya...why don't we trade Horford, Teague and Korver to the Spurs for Boban and a future 2nd....

wow...just wow

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

Haha...ya...why don't we trade Horford, Teague and Korver to the Spurs for Boban and a future 2nd....

wow...just wow

We'd probably have to settle for a future-protected 2nd.  We are the Hawks, you know.

4 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Even if the guy had a 'source' (which he probably didn't) he should've recognized he was being punkt.

3 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

That is the most disrespectful bullshit Ive seen so far - what. the. f***.  Its time to start taking personal shots at San Antonio, no not the team, its f***ing people, the city, its culture and http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/news/eight-reasons-san-antonio-is-the-worst-place-ever-6463552

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

We'd probably have to settle for a future-protected 2nd.  We are the Hawks, you know.

Even if the guy had a 'source' (which he probably didn't) he should've recognized he was being punkt.

Haha yup...the nerdy reporter fell for it...while we are on the topic, where's @hawksfanatic at?..3,2....

1 minute ago, hawksfanatic said:

I hate this new pop up notification system.

Lol...I'm sorry bro I know how much you hate this thread...ill keep your name out my mouth. But we got 5 hours left and I'm gettin nervous/excited...yeeehaaawwww!!!

Even worse the damn only comment on the story.  What the actual !@##! are they smoking in SA?

i can see why i've never heard of this site before. that would be a horrible move for the spurs for a multitude of reasons:

a) danny green is a much better defender. i'd rather he guard the splash bros in the WCF than simmons.
b) the spurs have plenty of bigs right now; they don't need another.
c) this move would leave the spurs very low on wings. with manu out for the foreseeable future, that would leave only kyle anderson to back up both simmons and kawhi, and pop would likely have to play ray mccallum and patty mills together off the bench. bad idea.

sorry Sai, but this is a bad move all the way around and would never happen. even if those two teams have spoken, it wouldn't be a wing-for-a-big trade.