• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What Do The Hawks Want To Be

Jody23

Sounds like you've never seen Pippen play. Lol

But on the subject, we definitely would have to give up Horford for an upgrade at the wing. Unless they decide to with Millsap who's the best player on the team. Either way, have to give up someone or two. Which still may or may not leave us as an early exit. 

30 minutes ago, Mdizzle5 said:

Sounds like you've never seen Pippen play. Lol

But on the subject, we definitely would have to give up Horford for an upgrade at the wing. Unless they decide to with Millsap who's the best player on the team. Either way, have to give up someone or two. Which still may or may not leave us as an early exit. 

You act like he had any chance to develop like Pippen. He's been in Charlotte. They got no Jordan or anything close to a star. Too many ball dominate players although they trying to get more team players of late and he's been injury prone but he's special. Very special. 

INteresting that this article mentions nothing of us still having cap space if we keep horford,  as some have been mentioning, i dont know enough to believe either - but if we got 20 mil to spare and can keep AL - u try and get a good enough wing player that can give us what we had in DMC and more,  I dont know which it is but this piece making it seem we blow it up or stay the same,

There are so many misused talented NBA players that could be had for cheap if they are FA's. Like Terrance Jones who could fit. A lot of players. A lot of tweeners are in no man's land. Where they are talented enough for their franchise to value them but not in the right situation to develop into the next Leonard much less more than a bench role player. I would love to get someone like Jones for someone like Mike Scott. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

INteresting that this article mentions nothing of us still having cap space if we keep horford,  as some have been mentioning, i dont know enough to believe either - but if we got 20 mil to spare and can keep AL - u try and get a good enough wing player that can give us what we had in DMC and more,  I dont know which it is but this piece making it seem we blow it up or stay the same,

You have to get rid of others to create the space but there are options that can get us there.  Search @JayBirdHawk's posts.

On rebuild, I don't know if the deadline is the final word on what we'll do.  Teague's best trade market might be in the offseason given limited FA pg options.  We could stay put and then choose to rebuild this offseason if we don't hit a home run in the playoffs (for example).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AHF said:

You have to get rid of others to create the space but there are options that can get us there.  Search @JayBirdHawk's posts.

On rebuild, I don't know if the deadline is the final word on what we'll do.  Teague's best trade market might be in the offseason given limited FA pg options.  We could stay put and then choose to rebuild this offseason if we don't hit a home run in the playoffs (for example).

There are a lot of options. We got to be aggressive. Honestly, I really think we should be looking right now at moving Mike Scott and our 1st for a player who can really become a good player at the wing in the bad fit situation. 

To me, this is a very hard subject for us Hawks fans,

In one hand, we want to keep the core of Teague, Horford, Millsap, Korver together and try to get to the ECF again but then we will be back to the Joe Johnson years with a aging core and doing the treadmill thing again.

But if you do the nuclear option, there is no way to actually think that team will get back to contention or may fall into the 76ers level of play.

However, I thinking that change has to happen to this team, small or big.  Regardless, this team cant say status quo anymore.  Bud must have a heart to heart talk with Al about his future and if he has indicated that he might go to another team, when you might have to trade him even if it does knock the team back in the playoffs hunt. They need to do the same thing for all of the players including the core for younger players and assets as well. 

9 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Wouldn't the Hawks have to use some of that cap space to re-sign Bazemore?

Bazemore should be Flip Murray status in that he's a keeper if something better doesn't appear. Meaning if we can get someone much better with his potential salary, do it. Honestly, he is one of the players I think Atlanta should be taking offers for. 

Edited by NBASupes

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The Hawks are close. But they need that one trade that gets them that player who could carry the load on offense. That is what they are missing. To me, last year's Memphis and this year's Hawks are very similar terms of being really close but missing that piece. For me, if Memphis had Sap instead of Randolph, they would be right there with Golden. If Atlanta had Melo instead of Carroll and especially Bazemore. I think this team would be right there with Golden. Both teams are missing an upgrade at a key spot but both are really close.

So I think they should stick it out and keep looking for that missing piece. It took Dallas getting Chandler to get over the top. Atlanta just needs that one player without getting rid of Horford. Without him, it falls apart. Also need to keep Korver as well. 

Al Horford is that player obviously.  He's better than a Hall of Fame player for crying out loud.

11 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

I sense the Hawks want to go the middle ground.  Shop Teague and Horford for value in return and stay competitive during a medium sized rebuild. In other words, dont blow it completely up, just do a major tweaking to it. I agree with that route. You dont wanna shop everybody and wind up right back where you are right now.

Stealth tanking. When the Hawks traded Joe and Marvin, I figured they were going to blow the team up. I doubt the Hawks make any big moves now but if they did, stealth tanking for sure.