• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wes Wilcox @ATLHawks joins @DukesandBell on 92.9thegame @ 3:40pm

HawkItus

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There may be quality point guards but which of them were actually available? Teams in need of a PG are still the ones in need of a PG in the offseason.  Knicks, Rockets, Bucks, Jazz, Minny (yes), Grizz might need one if Conley leaves, Miami (yes, I'm sure they would love to dump Dragic) Kings, Mavs. 

That's true, but the questions will remain the same...will teams have or be willing to give what the Hawks are asking?   Or will they choose to go with a cheaper alternative?  Will the Hawks have to come down on what their asking for Teague?  Something will have to give.

2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

That's true, but the questions will remain the same...will teams have or be willing to give what the Hawks are asking?   Or will they choose to go with a cheaper alternative?  Will the Hawks have to come down on what their asking for Teague?  Something will have to give.

Well since we don't HAVE TO trade Teague now or then we still hold the cards. You trade for what you NEED, not for what you can get.

Teague will go on a run from now and into the playoffs - teams will be lining up throwing everything to get him so they can have his bird rights and small caphold. (Fingers crossed, holding a rabbits foot with a four leaf clover tied to a lucky horse shoe).

12 minutes ago, hawkman said:

The higher ceiling stuff is subjective. I wouldn't gamble the team's future on potential. That's how we ended up with Marvin Williams.

No.

• Premium Member

When you have some players on the roster that you know are capable of playing/producing better in the second half than they did in the first half, that's different than 2-3 years ago when we were just surmising that there could be reason for hope.

In that category I put: Teague, Korver and Scott.

The only player that has overperformed compared to what was expected preseason is probably Bazemore.

To my mind, we just need another inconsistent or til-now never-before contributor to step up. It's no mystery that if you depend on 3s like we depend on 3s, you've got to have guys hitting 3s to win. Our horses are capable. That gives us a fighting chance.

One more thing... what's easily lost in the frustration for all of us, including me, is that it's 30 teams, each of whom have professional basketball players who are the best on the earth. We can't be satisfied with anything less than a championship, but we do have to remind ourselves of the sheer statistical feat that it is to even just make the conference finals--only 2/15 means an 87% chance we don't make it. We're in the mix. Some things break our way, we're more than capable.

• Premium Member

Look at free agent PGs this offseason. The only one I can say is better than Teague is Conley. Teague is better than anyone else. He is on an absurdly cheap deal. We should be able, I hope, to upgrade at another position by trading him in the offseason.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Look at free agent PGs this offseason. The only one I can say is better than Teague is Conley. Teague is better than anyone else. He is on an absurdly cheap deal. We should be able, I hope, to upgrade at another position by trading him in the offseason.

That's fine but my Teague road jersey of last year will go down in value..lol..but ya I think Teague is gone on draft night, but hopefully he leaves on a high note.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well since we don't HAVE TO trade Teague now or then we still hold the cards. You trade for what you NEED, not for what you can get.

Teague will go on a run from now and into the playoffs - teams will be lining up throwing everything to get him so they can have his bird rights and small caphold. (Fingers crossed, holding a rabbits foot with a four leaf clover tied to a lucky horse shoe).

The Hawks better hope he does play well in the 2nd half of the season.  I'm not sure they want a repeat of trying to trade him at the deadline again next season when he will be facing unrestricted free agency and teams will be offering crapier deals because of it.