• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wes Wilcox @ATLHawks joins @DukesandBell on 92.9thegame @ 3:40pm

HawkItus

• Premium Member

Wes is very candid.  I wish these guys would stop asking "what we're you asking for in return for...".  It's a tacky question and neither Bud or Wes is going to give you the answer which they shouldn't.

Said that Cleveland and Toronto have clearly seperated themselves in the east, but that the conference remains wide open.

Said that Horford and Bazemore are their priorities in free agency and that they feel they can re-sign both and won't have any challenges with the cap situation like last offseason.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Wes is very candid.  I wish these guys would stop asking "what we're you asking for in return for...".  It's a tacky question and neither Bud or Wes is going to give you the answer which they shouldn't.

Said that Cleveland and Toronto have clearly seperated themselves in the east, but that the conference remains wide open.

Said that Horford and Bazemore are their priorities in free agency and that they feel they can re-sign both and won't have any challenges with the cap situation like last offseason.

Also, stated that they feel like they have one of the best PG situations in the league

I am so glad we kept Teague. Dennis is just not ready to start every night. He at least needs to fix his jump shot and master a floater or something besides that same old scoop high off the backboard.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

you can't have two starting PGs. I still can't believe we couldn't land an upgrade at SF for Teague. Maybe this offseason.

Why can't you believe it?  The other team has to be willing to trade their SF. I don't think it's for lack of trying.  I don't think the Hawks wanted just any SF they wanted specific ones.

If they are trading Teague, it reduces our PG strength, the SF we get in return has to be one that makes up for losing Teague.  There wasn't a trade that gave us that, so keep Teague.

6 minutes ago, tonegully said:

I am so glad we kept Teague. Dennis is just not ready to start every night. He at least needs to fix his jump shot and master a floater or something besides that same old scoop high off the backboard.

Sometimes he plays like he's ready,  sometimes he's a disaster.  Expected from a young PG. It took Teague awhile to master the floater, so hopefully Dennis can get there.

6 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I still don't understand the desire to get Teague off this team. He's the best PG the Hawks have had in over a decade.

My desire is not to get rid of Teague just to start Dennis.  My desire is to upgrade the weak spots on the team. PG is our strength because we have two good ones. Teague has more value than Dennis to bring us more back in trade. 

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Sothron said:

you can't have two starting PGs. I still can't believe we couldn't land an upgrade at SF for Teague. Maybe this offseason.

It was said that the Hawks were asking for a player and a 1st for Teague.  In a league full of quality point guards, that may be asking a lot.  Not sure if that changes in the offseason.

56 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Also, stated that they feel like they have one of the best PG situations in the league

They do, THE best. Nice problem to have...

49 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Yes you can. What SF was available, for what Hawks had to offer, who was better than Korver/Thabo/Baze? And you can count on it.

53 minutes ago, tonegully said:

Me too. This is precisely why Kirk-Nique-Will-Call-Me-Kurt was brought in. Then IceTeague is moved this Summer, probably draft night, and Shredder takes over next year.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I still don't understand the desire to get Teague off this team. He's the best PG the Hawks have had in over a decade.

Because Shredder has such a higher ceiling and the makings of a star PG. But glad Teague is still with us (for now) until Dennis is ready to take the reigns next year.

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

It was said that the Hawks were asking for a player and a 1st for Teague.  In a league full of quality point guards, that may be asking a lot.  Not sure if that changes in the offseason.

There may be quality point guards but which of them were actually available? Teams in need of a PG are still the ones in need of a PG in the offseason.  Knicks, Rockets, Bucks, Jazz, Minny (yes), Grizz might need one if Conley leaves, Miami (yes, I'm sure they would love to dump Dragic) Kings, Mavs. 

2 hours ago, Jody23 said:

In other words, status quo is what we're going to get.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sturt said:

I don't really care who starts. I just think it's a huge advantage to us that we can play all 48 minutes with two of the better PGs in the Eastern Conference on the floor.

I know many threw in the towel after those two losses to ORL, but I'm still a believer that, as was said by many pre-season, this team might not win as many games as last season, but it could be a stronger team overall when all is said and done... which I translate to mean, a more substantial post-season threat once we get there.

Now, having lost Splitter, yes, that's huge. We all acknowledge that, I think. But then, if it does happen that we gain a Varejao who can actually stay healthy, I don't put it past us that we could, indeed, emerge as a stronger threat than we ended up being last year.

They lost those two games to NY also. This teams run is nearly over. 

It sounds like it was another "we like our team" interview.

YAWN. Same old shit.

Sooner or later the fans are going to realize that this is the same gig that it was before and the seats will be even more empty.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hazer said:

Because Shredder has such a higher ceiling and the makings of a star PG. But glad Teague is still with us (for now) until Dennis is ready to take the reigns next year.

The higher ceiling stuff is subjective. I wouldn't gamble the team's future on potential. That's how we ended up with Marvin Williams.