• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Make em Rue the day...

Diesel

• Premium Member

If the playoffs started today, we'd be matched up with Miami in the first round.   I don't think that much will change over the next few weeks.  The biggest change that I can see come playoff time is that Detroit will overtake Chicago and I got a feeling that they will beat the Cavs in the first round if that's the matchup.   That's another story though.  Cavs better pray for Indy.

Anyway,   here's some questions about us vs. Miami.

1.  Will Hawks fans Boo Joe Johnson unmercifully?

2.  With Amare Stoudemire as their only big, does Al go off?

3.  Teague/Dennis vs. Dragic?

4.  Millsap vs. Deng?

I was at the Miami game last week and I was shocked how the Hawks didn't exploit the matchup of Deng vs. Millsap in the paint.  Deng is still a decent defender but he's not a post defender.  I also can't believe that McRoberts played like Wilt Chamberlain in that game too!  

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Joe's first game in Miami was impressive.  We could have used IsoJoe for our playoff run.

Here's the question.  It's doubtful that Miami ups the money for Joe in the offseason.  Does anybody think that Joe is still a good  short term answer to our Sf problem?

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Joe's first game in Miami was impressive.  We could have used IsoJoe for our playoff run.

Here's the question.  It's doubtful that Miami ups the money for Joe in the offseason.  Does anybody think that Joe is still a good  short term answer to our Sf problem?

Are you sure?

The newly signed Heat forward said Tuesday that he and team President Pat Riley have had discussions about him finishing his career in Miami, one of the reasons why Johnson decided to sign with the team last week. "The most important thing that Pat told me was that this wasn't just a short-term deal, that he would like for me to finish my career here," Johnson said. "And that's what we're working toward.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Are you sure?

Not 100%.  However, I think Pat may have said that, but Justice Winslow will be the starter by next year.   Moreover, Pat said that, but Pat didn't say he was willing to spend a lot on old joe.

Or Maybe they let Deng and Wade go??  And resign Joe.

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

Not 100%.  However, I think Pat may have said that, but Justice Winslow will be the starter by next year.   Moreover, Pat said that, but Pat didn't say he was willing to spend a lot on old joe.

Or Maybe they let Deng and Wade go??  And resign Joe.

I think Winslow is definitely the future for them at SF but he is a much longer way off from starting than just one offseason. He has MAJOR work to do offensively.

that said, for those thinking a matchup with Miami is a good thing lets not be so quick to judge. Miami has played us very well this year. Deng has historically given our franchise headaches, not to mention Wade will still get the star treatment and Whiteside is a game changer for them. I think the way we have played this year with our inconsistencies and the fact that we are going to be relying on Korver and Bazemore to produce more in the post season versus giving more minutes to our surging bench unit, we are in for a long series with whomever we face. Do we have the ability to beat any team? Absolutely, but has that mattered much this year so far, nope not at all. This could be a quick post season for us unless Bud takes a hard look in the mirror and puts faith in guys other than Dennis to finish games off the bench.

On 2/29/2016 at 6:29 AM, Diesel said:

If the playoffs started today, we'd be matched up with Miami in the first round.   I don't think that much will change over the next few weeks.  The biggest change that I can see come playoff time is that Detroit will overtake Chicago and I got a feeling that they will beat the Cavs in the first round if that's the matchup.   That's another story though.  Cavs better pray for Indy.

Anyway,   here's some questions about us vs. Miami.

1.  Will Hawks fans Boo Joe Johnson unmercifully?

2.  With Amare Stoudemire as their only big, does Al go off?

3.  Teague/Dennis vs. Dragic?

4.  Millsap vs. Deng?

1. Joe will probably get booed, especially since he didn't pick ATL.

2. They got Whiteside. Al/Millsap should be a match up problem though. 

3. Depends on which Teague/Dennis shows up.

4. Millsap should win that match up.