• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hope the Sleeping on the Hawks continues

Trout7

Like it's always been. And like I've always liked it. There will be those in the media who are "shocked" if Hawks make ECFs again, like they "came out of nowhere." Nowhere being last years' ECFs. I think it's hilarious.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

I have been looking at the national forums on the NBA and the Hawks are non  existent. I hope it stays this way because it would be so sweet to shock all these uneducated fans.

We hear this every year. The last month has been good, but the team still has a limited ceiling. 

Edited by Hotlanta1981

8 minutes ago, hazer said:

Like it's always been. And like I've always liked it. There will be those in the media who are "shocked" if Hawks make ECFs again, like they "came out of nowhere." Nowhere being last years' ECFs. I think it's hilarious.

Shocked? Most people thought the Hawks wouldn't beat Cleveland and they didn't come close. Only now, the Hawks probably can't beat Toronto either. 

42 minutes ago, Lurker said:

If Korver doesn't sit down vs Toronto, if that playoff series happens it will be an ugly sweep, ugly enough to get people questioning coaching. Better root HARD for Chicago to get that 7th seed to knock them out early.

Of course Toronto did have that terrible series against Washington and so maybe they will under perform in the playoffs once again.

Since their inaugural season in 1995, the Raptors have won exactly one playoff series in 2001 vs the Knicks. Yup, just 1. Not saying they won't win a playoff series this year but they don't have a grea track record by any means.

11 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

We hear this every year. The last month has been good, but the team still has a limited ceiling. 

This is a good point about limited ceiling.  I need to curb these thoughts about getting very deep in playoffs.