• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Great game terrible ending

gsuteke

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Fully disagree. Rudy Gay will take 100 game winners for you sure, he has no conscience, but of those 100, how many will he make? Why do you think he's bounced around from team to team? I'm honestly perplexed by some of the things people post, specially the ones that post a lot of quality material like yourself.

NorthCyde was actually right 

CcMp1beW4AAEzMC.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

CcMp1beW4AAEzMC.jpg

I saw this stat a couple weeks ago on nbatv ...I didn't see the % which is good but there is something about Gay that just scares me a lot. Not sure what that is but I trust my bball eyes more than stats.

13 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I saw this stat a couple weeks ago on nbatv ...I didn't see the % which is good but there is something about Gay that just scares me a lot. Not sure what that is but I trust my bball eyes more than stats.

He's an undersized PF who played on the wrong type of teams. I am curious to see his fit on our team. Our personnel fits him but trading him for our core assets would be a massive mistake. Getting a good asset and him who is a decent asset would be ideal for us. 

• Premium Member
On 1/4/2016 at 10:32 PM, Hotlanta1981 said:

I haven't been all that positive about the team since they got creamed by NY in the playoffs in the late 90's.

Oh man, I remember that. One series was all it took to nuke the Steve Smith, Mookie Blaylock backcourt.... Still wish we would have kept Smitty.

• Premium Member
On 1/4/2016 at 3:16 PM, NBASupes said:

CcMp1beW4AAEzMC.jpg

Sorry but these stats don't mean much. We are talking about a 38 shot sample size here... he could easily go 0 for his next 10 and  pull back towards the  mean on this... Besides the problem is what Gay does during the other 47.92 minutes of the ball game, which is play inefficient on offense and not at all on defense. 

8 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Sorry but these stats don't mean much. We are talking about a 38 shot sample size here... he could easily go 0 for his next 10 and  pull back towards the  mean on this... Besides the problem is what Gay does during the other 47.92 minutes of the ball game, which is play inefficient on offense and not at all on defense. 

I like team USA Gay, he actually played defense and shot within the flow.   Anybody thinks he looks a bit on the chunky side...he could drop a few El-bees.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I like team USA Gay, he actually played defense and shot within the flow.   Anybody thinks he looks a bit on the chunky side...he could drop a few El-bees.

Lmao only @JayBirdHawk :-)

i I love this game !!!

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lmao only @JayBirdHawk :-)

i I love this game !!!

I'm always cognizant of players physique.  Can't help it.

These are the NBA chunkies I've mentioned already  this season: Melo, Diaw, LMA  Gay. Sullinger.  

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm always cognizant of players physique.  Can't help it.

These are the NBA chunkies I've mentioned already  this season: Melo, Diaw, LMA  Gay. Sullinger.  

I'm just glad big baby Davis, Stanley Roberts, Tractor traylor and Oliver Miller aren't part of squawk...lol

5 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Also, forgot to mention Gay is a mediocre three point shooter. Has the same career 3pt shooting % as Thabo.

We know he's just an average NBA SF who's more of an undersized PF. We know his value ain't worth much. Maybe one decent prospects and a bum. We know he's not even worth Kent Bazemore in trade or the open market. We know that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

We know he's just an average NBA SF who's more of an undersized PF. We know his value ain't worth much. Maybe one decent prospects and a bum. We know he's not even worth Kent Bazemore in trade or the open market. We know that. 

Yeaaaaa, so what are you driving at here? Gay sucks....end o discussion. Lol.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AmishBoy said:

Well, this same play just won Villanova the title.  Maybe we should keep it in our back pocket.

It wasn't a bad play at all IMO... The shot was an inch from going in for Horford too. With 6 seconds and no timeouts, the amount of options available are pretty limited. Teague driving would have been a mistake because Lebron was waiting in the wing to help out. 

25 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Apology accepted.

Lol...haha...ok but for what it's worth I still think he is an absolute horrible addition to any team and I would never want to see him in a Hawks uni...no analytics will ever beat my eye test.

20 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Rudy Gay is on a bad team with individually talented players, but with no chemistry or a comittment to defense.  It's everyone. Not just him.

But to say that his clutch time stats don't mean much, is simply just being a hater.  Any guy who can make 30%+ of his shots in late game situations, is pretty damn good in the clutch, due to the difficulty of the shot most times. Rudy makes damn near 45% of his clutch shots, which may be close to the best in NBA history.

This guy has an entire youtube vid showing just about every game tying and game winning shot he's made in his career.  

I think someone posted a stat that stated that the Hawks are something like 0 for their last 12 FG in last second game tying or winning shots in 4th quarter and OT.  But we couldn't use a guy that historically makes 5 of those 12 shots?

Honestly ( and I know people hated when I used to do this ), but LOL @ those who try to hate on Rudy Gay, when our options are Bazemore, Korver, and Sefolosha.  

Last season, Rudy averaged 21 pts - 6 rebs - and almost 4 asst, while shooting 45+% FG - 36% 3FG - and 86% FT.  Those are All-Star game worthy stats, if he played on a higher profile team that was winning.

His numbers ( mainly shot attempts ) are down this year, but he'd still be a better offensive wing option and late game closer than anyone we have on the Hawks.  

And the biggest thing is that he's ONLY 29, which means he may still have 2 - 4 years of starter level play in him.  A coach like Bud could bring out the best in Rudy, just like he's done with everyone else on the team.

35 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Eye test?

He's been in the NBA 10 years now....he's gone to the playoffs once. That tells me a whole lot about him as a leader or a winner. He is a high volume chucker.  And according to @JayBirdHawk he's now a fatty McButterpants...I would pass and I'm hoping the Hawks never sign him or trade for him. 

The he highlights tell me he's a video game player. I'd like to see a stats of the player that he is guarding every night. I'm guessing it wouldn't be pretty.