• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vivlamore: Think it's '90-percent' Horford stays in Atlanta

BigDog90

57 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Yeah... This team is unlikely to improve much after their first or second round exit.

You can say that about every year most of the time. It would probably be better to tank and get rid of star players and have a shot at a high pick potential superstar than keep doing the same thing year after year since no big free agents want to come to Atlanta.  

9 hours ago, thescout5 said:

You can say that about every year most of the time. It would probably be better to tank and get rid of star players and have a shot at a high pick potential superstar than keep doing the same thing year after year since no big free agents want to come to Atlanta.  

Al, Hardaway, Teague and Bazemore could become even better three pointer shooters next season. Hardaway should be a 6th man of the Year candidate. Oh yeah Splitter should be healthy.

5 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

Al, Hardaway, Teague and Bazemore could become even better three pointer shooters next season. Hardaway should be a 6th man of the Year candidate. Oh yeah Splitter should be healthy.

Just like the Hawks should have won more games this year I just don't see it. I don't see the growth in their games to get better. Baz was a nice surprise but even with Splitter being healthy( no certainty) the guarantee. In addition the Hawks don't have a high basketball IQ thus will eventully fold against the better teams. Unless the Hawks can add to the talent base I don't see anything to be excited about another 1st or 2nd rd exit next year.  

2 hours ago, thescout5 said:

Just like the Hawks should have won more games this year I just don't see it. I don't see the growth in their games to get better. Baz was a nice surprise but even with Splitter being healthy( no certainty) the guarantee. In addition the Hawks don't have a high basketball IQ thus will eventully fold against the better teams. Unless the Hawks can add to the talent base I don't see anything to be excited about another 1st or 2nd rd exit next year.  

Huh? We do have high Basketball IQ 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Huh? We do have high Basketball IQ

Hate to say it but he's right with guys like Mike Scott, Kent Bazemore, and I hate to say it but Dennis Schröder too.

Now everyone else? Nah.

Edited by Lurker

On 4/16/2016 at 9:33 PM, BigDog90 said:

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2016/04/latest-on-hawks-al-horford.html

This isn't the first time I've read Al really valuing the 5th year the Hawks can offer him vs. other teams. 

Duh.  Al has moved his entire family/posse to ATL.  He'll be  Hawk net season 95%.  Only exception would be how much pople show him.   Seems like a pretty genuineguy thigh

On 4/16/2016 at 8:33 PM, BigDog90 said:

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2016/04/latest-on-hawks-al-horford.html

This isn't the first time I've read Al really valuing the 5th year the Hawks can offer him vs. other teams. 

Joe Johnson - Part 2

That's why JJ wasn't worried about his contract negotiations, even after the Magic swept us in 2010.  

24 & 12 is a good start for Al to get that max deal.  If he balls out during the playoffs, he's definitely getting paid in full.

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Joe Johnson - Part 2

That's why JJ wasn't worried about his contract negotiations, even after the Magic swept us in 2010.  

24 & 12 is a good start for Al to get that max deal.  If he balls out during the playoffs, he's definitely getting paid in full.

Not really. Al is a legit franchise player. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Joe Johnson - Part 2

@TheNorthCydeRisesIf the cap wasn't going to jump from the estimated $92 million to a possible $109 million the following season I would be more concerned.  But I've long realized this in the new NBA norm.  

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@TheNorthCydeRisesIf the cap wasn't going to jump from the estimated $92 million to a possible $109 million the following season I would be more concerned.  But I've long realized this in the new NBA norm.  

Yeah, people gotta recognize there's another paradigm shift coming that means a max/near-max deal for Al is nowhere near as egregious as JoeJohn's.