• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What Happened to Kris?

Dragitoff

2 hours ago, hawksfanatic said:

1) Asking a question is not "begging the question," it's just asking a question.

2) Vivlamore wrote an entire article about this, Humphries isn't injured.

3) Why is this thread still going on? Get it together people.

Perhaps because most of us refuse to pay to access "MyAJC"?  That would be my take on it.  What did Vivlamore have to offer on said subject?

• Premium Member

Perhaps CViv, investigative reporter deluxe, could look into that "no right side of the bed" theory, and maybe we could take up a collection to get him one that has one.

;)

But nah, @kg01... in defense of fanatic, I think it's never anything personal--even with CViv--but just an impatience for what he perceives to be incompetence or ignorance.  My wife would tell you that she sees the same in me, so it's not for me to throw stones.

14 minutes ago, sturt said:

Perhaps CViv, investigative reporter deluxe, could look into that "no right side of the bed" theory, and maybe we could take up a collection to get him one that has one.

;)

But nah, @kg01... in defense of fanatic, I think it's never anything personal--even with CViv--but just an impatience for what he perceives to be incompetence or ignorance.  My wife would tell you that she sees the same in me, so it's not for me to throw stones.

No, I think you missed my point.  Let's just say no one's ever seen HF and CViv in the same room.

• Premium Member

No, I got that, honestly, but didn't want to seem to legitimize the inference, so I avoided going there... he might yell at me again, and there's only so much derision one can take in a single day.

:D

4 hours ago, sturt said:

;)

Eh, I try to be an equal opportunity asshole and you can ask @Dolfan23 about the "begging the question" phrase, which is a pet-peeve. I stop reading articles after I see that phrase used to mean "hey let's think about this question and it's important almost like it's **looks left**  ... **looks right**... BEGGING  to be asked!" because that is not at all what the phrase means. I don't mind the misheard phrases as much (possibly a "I could care less" or "nip it in the butt" or whatever else), but that one...errr. Pisses me off.

I'm not sure the degree to which I think of others as incompetent or ignorant. But if I feel like someone is truly incompetent+ignorant+lazy+unwilling to learn (there's gotta be a simpler word here), then I won't even waste my time responding.

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, hawksfanatic said:

Eh, I try to be an equal opportunity asshole and you can ask @Dolfan23 about the "begging the question" phrase, which is a pet-peeve. I stop reading articles after I see that phrase used to mean "hey let's think about this question and it's important almost like it's **looks left**  ... **looks right**... BEGGING  to be asked!" because that is not at all what the phrase means. I don't mind the misheard phrases as much (possibly a "I could care less" or "nip it in the butt" or whatever else), but that one...errr. Pisses me off.

I'm not sure the degree to which I think of others as incompetent or ignorant. But if I feel like someone is truly incompetent+ignorant+lazy+unwilling to learn (there's gotta be a simpler word here), then I won't even waste my time responding.

So, you're saying I should feel good about the fact that you took the time to respond in the way that you did...

Now, some would read that and think, "huh?"

But, scary enough (ie, that fanatic and I think alike), I've said essentially the same thing to a lot of people on sports boards over the years... if I don't respect you, I don't bother responding to you

I get you, brother. At least, on that, I get you. :)