• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What Happened to Kris?

Dragitoff

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Totally different players.  Scott is more of a small forward whereas Humphreys is more of a banger

Mike Scott is a small forward? ROFLMFAO! He moves way too slowly on defense laterally and doesn't have a good enough handle to be considered one.

Then explain why he has NEVER been played there, as you do realize that Scott+Millsap frontcourts mean Millsap at C?

I mean, Mike Scott at small forward. It'd be absolutely hilarious seeing him being blown by consistently on defense and if his shot is off, oooohhhhh boy, it'd be terrible. Lineups with Scott at SF would ONLY be okay for 3-5 minute stretches.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Lurker said:

I mean, Mike Scott at small forward. It'd be absolutely hilarious seeing him being blown by consistently on defense and if his shot is off, oooohhhhh boy, it'd be terrible. Lineups with Scott at SF would ONLY be okay for 3-5 minute stretches.

He is more of a small forward than Korver!  And why can't the same statement about Scott apply to Korver meaning if his shot is off, oooooooohhhh boy, it'd be terrible.  Lineups with Korver at SF would ONLY be okay for 3-5 minute stretches.

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

He is more of a small forward than Korver!  And why can't the same statement about Scott apply to Korver meaning if his shot is off, oooooooohhhh boy, it'd be terrible.  Lineups with Korver at SF would ONLY be okay for 3-5 minute stretches.

Neither are! Unless Hardaway Jr finds his shot there are no all around good options at SF-SG. It's play Korver with a good defender and hope for the best, that's the only option.

This is more about Korver vs Hardaway Jr, not Korver vs Scott. That argument is hilarious. If Hardaway Jr comes out and plays well yes, reduce Korver's minutes. Otherwise you're stuck in a major mess you made yourself because of how much you like Korver.

Honestly it's more of an offseason discussion than right now, and if they don't come out and announce that this is Korver's last season in the starting lineup, then really...wtf?

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

And if you look at Basketball Reference, it says Kyle Korver isn't even really playing at SF in the playoffs (maybe not yet), he's only at 1% at it. So guess who is....6'5" (more like 6'3" or maybe 6'4" honestly) Kent Bazemore!

Kent got the same wingspan as Ben Simmons 

17 hours ago, Dragitoff said:

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but what happened to Kris Humphries in game 1?  He'd been a key part of the rotation down the stretch and I don't believe he saw the court Saturday.  Did I miss something on him?  I thought his buyout and signing took place in time for him to make the roster or was there a health or CD that caused him to not play?  

11 hours ago, Diesel said:

What happened to Kris?

Mike Scott.

For the first time in forever, I think @Diesel is onto something.  I came in here to say this.  Could be partly matchups, but Mike Scott was on point...perfect from the field in the first half.  We probably don't win that game without him.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Kent got the same wingspan as Ben Simmons

That doesn't mean play him at SF where he will get pushed around physically by 95% of the SFs out there. Playing him at SF has been a completely horrible idea all season and it's absolutely amazing this team recovered the way it did with him there and probably should have won a couple more games than they did. With the starting lineup they had with SF-SG being a major liability all year, they should have been a 38-42 win team.

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Lurker said:

That doesn't mean play him at SF where he will get pushed around physically by 95% of the SFs out there. Playing him at SF has been a completely horrible idea all season and it's absolutely amazing this team recovered the way it did with him there and probably should have won a couple more games than they did. With the starting lineup they had with SF-SG being a major liability all year, they should have been a 38-42 win team.

I think this is an overreaction. We don't live in a conference where SF's and SG's dominate. Kent maybe undersized but he can hold his against the majority of sub-par offensive talent at the position. Out of the top 15 scoring SFs in the east this season the majority were held well below their averages, with only Lebron, Giannis, Deng , and Otto Porter being exceptions. The problems with the Hawks this year were not on the defensive end but the offensive end. If we were making threes like last year we would have won at least 55 games. Korver was a bigger liability then Baze, but again, when there is only one legitimately good SG in the entire conference I doubt that it was as critical a weakness as we are making it out to be in this post. Outside of two or three games personally don't recall Baze's and Korver's defense costing us dearly in games. 

• Premium Member

This has the same feel to it that THjr's trouble getting on the court did early on. I haven't bothered to traipse through the other posts, but I for one am highly suspicious that it's going down as DNP-CD, when, in fact, there's an injury actually involved.

13 hours ago, Alex said:

Somehow Muscala gets playing time and he's getting abused by Amir Johnson.  

Muscala gets abused by just about anyone, yet he gets playing time, 6'11" going on 6'4".  I guess Humphries is just in Bud's Permanent Doghouse role.  I wonder what he did that Bud got so annoyed.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sturt said:

The original question of the thread begs the next question.... did I just miss it, or where is the AJC beat reporter when you wish he'd ask something begging to be asked?

1) Asking a question is not "begging the question," it's just asking a question.

2) Vivlamore wrote an entire article about this, Humphries isn't injured.

3) Why is this thread still going on? Get it together people.

• Premium Member

Or in other words...

"sturt, you just missed it."

*nods head*

Begs the question... no wait, let me be very, very precise... begs the question FOR MEEEEEEEE....

is there such a thing as a "right side of the bed" in the fanantic home?

Dunno.

4 hours ago, Watchman said:

Muscala gets abused by just about anyone, yet he gets playing time, 6'11" going on 6'4".  I guess Humphries is just in Bud's Permanent Doghouse role.  I wonder what he did that Bud got so annoyed.

My guess is he probably said he wasn't a fan of just sitting on the perimeter and never being allowed to crash the offensive glass.

Those statements get you benched around here.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Or in other words...

"sturt, you just missed it."

*nods head*

Begs the question... no wait, let me be very, very precise... begs the question FOR MEEEEEEEE....

is there such a thing as a "right side of the bed" in the fanantic home?

Dunno.

Notice who jumped to the defense of @hawksfanatic -er- I mean, CViv.