• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis

DJlaysitup

I honestly believe...that Dennis...in his career right now...simply isn't good enough.

That is if we want to win a Championship or get close.

he just doesn't seem to have his act together yet.  He is fast and can finish occasionally - but it's only like 25% of the time - and his outside shot stinks pretty bad.

JMHO 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

No one ever replies if you post something doubting Dennis.  They jump on board fast anything negative on Jeff. I just don't get it.

There is a heirarchy  of expectations I place on players based on experienced years in the league. What DJ said with all his 'right now'  and 'yets' is spot on. No need for me to add or comment.

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Shocked by this thread after all the love Dj gave Dennis in chat last night.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

DJ drunk posting.

Sounds like @DJlaysitup was drunk-chatting?  Meth-chatting?  Either those or he got bit by the possum and he's rabid-posting this morning?  So many possibilities.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There is a heirarchy  of expectations I place on players based on experienced years in the league. What DJ said with all his 'right now'  and 'yets' is spot on. No need for me to add or comment.

It just seems like no matter what Jeff or Kyle Korver do that no one is ever happy and no matter how bad Dennis stinks it up he gets a free pass.  Korver is more important to this team than people realize.

• Like 1

Not sure how Dennis is being so out of control when he's the one getting slapped and getting a knee in his gut. If these plays would have been revieuwed justly by the reffs he would have gained us two Boston suspensions...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

DJ drunk posting.

If you don't love DJ drunk in the chatroom, THEN YOU DONT LOVE HAWKS BASKETBALL.

Edited by Spud2Nique

3 hours ago, Trout7 said:

It just seems like no matter what Jeff or Kyle Korver do that no one is ever happy and no matter how bad Dennis stinks it up he gets a free pass.  Korver is more important to this team than people realize.

Expectations matter.

I'm an equal opportunity kinda gal - when they stink it up and fall short of MY expectations I say so, when they play well - I praise.

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

No.

Right! I think he'll be the next young talent that'll be traded. 

1 hour ago, bobrathbun4pres said:

He isn't good enough. But he isn't terrible. He's having a bad series. If we play Cleveland he should work dellavadouchebag

If he can let IT get in his head, I don't like his chances against Delly.

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

If the refs called IT for what he should have been called for and Dennis for what he should have been called for, we would be saying Dennis got in IT's head.

Boom.  Quick, drop the mic so you look cool.  Ah, who am I kidding, you need a LOT more than a timely mic-drop to look cool.

Seriously though, the one-sided nature of the calls has been comical.  It's like the refs think he's the real Isaiah Thomas.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

If the refs called IT for what he should have been called for and Dennis for what he should have been called for, we would be saying Dennis got in IT's head.

But that didn't happen and Dennis hasn't responded well. Don't get me wrong, I love intensity, but he has to control himself as far as his play and his mouth. Let's be honest here, he's not exactly a 'clean' player himself, so he shouldn't be surprised if/when things get physical. If you're going to dish it out, you have to be willing to take it. 

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, hawkman said:

But that didn't happen and Dennis hasn't responded well. Don't get me wrong, I love intensity, but he has to control himself as far as his play and his mouth. Let's be honest here, he's not exactly a 'clean' player himself, so he shouldn't be surprised if/when things get physical. If you're going to dish it out, you have to be willing to take it. 

He responded pretty well in game 3.  Hell of a 3rd quarter.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hawkman said:

You're assuming he's giving more than he's getting though.  To me, the guy he's responding to is a notorious trash-talking/attitude guy.  There's no way Dennis is always the aggressor/instigator.  I'd say it's probably usually the opposite.

I guess I'm not ready to say Dennis is just out of control.  In fact, I'd say he's probably responding in-kind but the refs have rabbit-ears w.r.t. Dennis and not the golden boy.  That T he got for the sin of refusing to accept Crowder's cheap shot was really egregious in that regard for the refs IMHO.

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You're assuming he's giving more than he's getting though.  To me, the guy he's responding to is a notorious trash-talking/attitude guy.  There's no way Dennis is always the aggressor/instigator.  I'd say it's probably usually the opposite.

I guess I'm not ready to say Dennis is just out of control.  In fact, I'd say he's probably responding in-kind but the refs have rabbit-ears w.r.t. Dennis and not the golden boy.  That T he got for the sin of refusing to accept Crowder's cheap shot was really egregious in that regard for the refs IMHO.

I'm not saying that. That slap/hit by IT was waaaay out of line and I would've had no problem if Schro punched him right in the mouth. At least it would've ended right then and there for BOTH players, especially after the refs looked at the replay. But what you can't do is disrupt the team's flow trying to retaliate or mouth off to your coach when he tries to get you under control.