• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Areas to improve this offseason

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Yes the hell he is. Don't start or I will dismantle you. Do you want to go there?

He's not a rental yet. You can extend him and now we have his full bird rights so in any trade, you can extend him to this year's max. Denver is the most extension friendly team in the NBA. 

Top 15-20?  Who's he ahead of on this list?

Steph Curry
Klay Thompson 
Draymond Greene
LeBron James
Kyrie Irving
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
Lamarcus Aldridge
Kahwi Leonard
Damien Lillard
John Wall

Paul Millsap
Jimmy Butler
Anthony Davis
DeMarcus Cousins
Paul George
Blake Griffin
Chris Paul

Karl Towns

Chris Bosh

Kevin Love

Dwayne Wade

And Millsap would have to actually want to sign an extension with the Nuggets.  Not. Likely. To. Happen.

Edited by Jody23

54 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Top 15-20?  Who's he ahead of on this list?

Steph Curry
Klay Thompson 
Draymond Greene
LeBron James
Kyrie Irving
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
Lamarcus Aldridge
Kahwi Leonard
Damien Lillard
John Wall

Paul Millsap
Jimmy Butler
Anthony Davis
DeMarcus Cousins
Paul George
Blake Griffin
Chris Paul

Karl Towns

Chris Bosh

Kevin Love

Dwayne Wade

And Millsap would have to actually want to sign an extension with the Nuggets.  Not. Likely. To. Happen.

Horford better than Love, Bosh, Wade Towns and Millsap. More impactful than Lillard, Wall and Cousins. I would take him over Griffin as well. 

Edited by NBASupes

Blahhh, I will but in a different way...

If Al Horford resigns with the Hawks, he will never sniff the finals, ever. I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves to chase a trip to the finals in THIS free agency period.

Edited by Lurker

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Lurker said:

no team led by him is sniffing the playoffs.

Resisting the urge to say anything else...

To be real, if you switch the two of them Horford and the Kings aren't making the playoffs in the West and Cousins and the Hawks are still in the playoffs in the East. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AHF said:

To be real, if you switch the two of them Horford and the Kings aren't making the playoffs in the West and Cousins and the Hawks are still in the playoffs in the East. 

You think so? I would disagree with that. Horford is a much better fit for what Sacramento does than Cousins. Cousins is a stats guy like Love but less of a team player.

Rondo 

Bellnelli

Gay

Horford 

Koufus is nice

I watch a lot of Kings games from Ko... and I wasn't impressed with Cousins. His talent is exceptional.  I do think the Hawks would still be a playoff team

Edited by NBASupes

How about we start with a leader on the court - we have enough guys who are just content to be part of the group.  Start there.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

You think so? I would disagree with that. Horford is a much better fit for what Sacramento does than Cousins. Cousins is a stats guy like Love but less of a team player.

Rondo 

Bellnelli

Gay

Horford 

Koufus is nice

Ppppeeeewww....................That group still isn't making the playoffs out West. 

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ppppeeeewww....................That group still isn't making the playoffs out West. 

The west is weak as hell. How aren't they at least a 6th seed with that squad?

I disagree with you guys on the Kings. I watch them a lot, they play the worst team ball in the NBA and most of that is due to Cousins. Horford will have them playing team ball

Edited by NBASupes

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The west is weak as hell. How aren't they at least a 6th seed with that squad?

I disagree with you guys on the Kings. I watch them a lot, they play the worst team ball in the NBA and most of that is due to Cousins. Horford will have them playing team ball

Disagree

Assuming Scott can play next season (hopefully) maybe we can sign Humph and let Moose go. There is more expense, I think he is pro rated at 4 mil right now. With the way he has bounced from team to team lately I wonder if he is in that same pay range next year. Once again the new cap could ruin this idea. He does help with one glaring weakness we have.

• Premium Member
Just now, Thomas said:

Assuming Scott can play next season (hopefully) maybe we can sign Humph and let Moose go. There is more expense, I think he is pro rated at 4 mil right now. With the way he has bounced from team to team lately I wonder if he is in that same pay range next year. Once again the new cap could ruin this idea. He does help with one glaring weakness we have.

I wouldn't mind having Humphies back next year.  It's been a really bad look on Bud for playing Muscala over Humphries in these playoffs.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

I wouldn't mind having Humphies back next year.  It's been a really bad look on Bud for playing Muscala over Humphries in these playoffs.

Couldn't agree with you more. We know we are going to have Tiago and Edy on the roster at C. I would be very surprised at someone else wanting to trade for Tiago. He is damaged goods and had nagging injuries before we got him. Humph would be a positive in the front court.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That is where I am.  Even if Al added 5 games to their win total (which I think is generous), they aren't sniffing the playoffs this year.  Outside of Cousins, that Kings team is pretty woeful.  They have exactly 2 players who could start on the Hawks - Cousins and Gay.  Cousins or Horford is starting on whichever roster they are on.  Gay is a harder call - he isn't clearly better than Bazemore, IMO.  Rondo is still a passing wiz and shooting liability.  The rest of that roster is mediocre to bad.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Hope Scott ain't playin' in the prison yard next season.

Edited by Watchman

I'm just gonna say it. The unpopular option: Blow it up. If Bud is such a good development guy and coach, it shouldn't matter what the team looks like. I don't see the team as constructed, getting the things that put us over the top by continuing the WLOC and getting 2nd Rd agreeable talent to try to patch the holes on this ship. We aren't Spurs East, we're Spurs Least.

Yes, the lotto years were awful. I haven't forgotten. However, how is just making the playoffs really that much better? Financially, sure but getting destroyed isn't going to maintain the playoff money.

Someone's got to assume responsibility of the product. Someone's got to be disappointed and say enough is enough. It's been half a century.