• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This game was the perfect example of why i cant stand Hawks ownership.

Hawkmoor

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

Shumpert  would start for us and started in new York before  all his injury issues. 

Mozgov  could be a starting center in fact he started for the Cavs last year. 

MO Williams  and Richard Jefferson are 5 year plus starters that have made Allstar games. They are older but still have game.

Channing Fry started for years in Phoenix.

The Hawks bench is comprised mostly of 2nd rounders and guards  that shoot  barely over 30% from the field and 3.

Chris Humphries and Sefelosha  are the two guys with starting  experience.

lolol. Mozgov couldn't start in gutter dwelling Nugs team, and only started in Cleveland last year playing spot minutes. Mo Williams and RJ are like a hundred years old, and haven't started games in many, many years. Channing Frye started SOME games in a terrible Phoenix team. Those guys suck, and only play well because they get to play on a team with Lebron James. What did any of those cats do without James lately?

• Premium Member

I get the whole ownership thing with what we have been through, but I still think some forget we just got new owners. The ASG were our owners less than a year ago..

All this nut hugging of Lebron got to stop. Lebron aint the reason that Cleveland keeps beating Atlanta.  Cleveland keeps beating Atlanta because their shooters can SHOOT the ball.  Atlanta gets just as many open looks at the basket WITHOUT a superstar, that Cleveland does.  Atlanta's problem is the open man cant shoot. They got bazemore, thabo, dennis, etc. while Cleveland got love, j.r., irving, etc.

Has NOTHING to do with Lebron. In fact, Atlanta did what i said they should do all along, which is to let lebron shoot the jumper and close out the drives to the paint. Lebron was dribbling INTO the defense, not passing out of it.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

All this nut hugging of Lebron got to stop. Lebron aint the reason that Cleveland keeps beating Atlanta.  Cleveland keeps beating Atlanta because their shooters can SHOOT the ball.  Atlanta gets just as many open looks at the basket WITHOUT a superstar, that Cleveland does.  Atlanta's problem is the open man cant shoot. They got bazemore, thabo, dennis, etc. while Cleveland got love, j.r., irving, etc.

Has NOTHING to do with Lebron. In fact, Atlanta did what i said they should do all along, which is to let lebron shoot the jumper and close out the drives to the paint. Lebron was dribbling INTO the defense, not passing out of it.

What are you smoking dude? Without Lebron Cavs are an eighth seed. The whole reason Cavs get open shots is because Lebron is unguardable, you either let him get an infinite amount of layups or you close in on the laen and force the pass out. we had the lead before he got back in the fourth quarter and took the game over.  Lebron has been DRILLING jump shots all series long, so not sure that sagging strategy has worked well at all tonight or any other night.

Lebron +17 on the night, only Channing Fry who had a career day, was better.

6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

What are you smoking dude? Without Lebron Cavs are an eighth seed. The whole reason Cavs get open shots is because Lebron is unguardable, you either let him get an infinite amount of layups or you close in on the laen and force the pass out. we had the lead before he got back in the fourth quarter and took the game over.  Lebron has been DRILLING jump shots all series long, so not sure that sagging strategy has worked well at all tonight or any other night.

Lebron +17 on the night, only Channing Fry who had a career day, was better.

Man, it doesnt matter WHO passes the ball, its who SHOOTS the ball. The Hawks get just as many open looks as Cleveland. Does it matter if atlanta using a TEAM concept to get the open look, vs ONE player who gets the open look?  Getting OPEN is all that matters.

Cleveland as a TEAM shoots better than the Hawks. Put Lebron on the Hawks and  you think the Hawks would be as good as the Cavaliers?  I dont think so. It doesnt matter how open you get if you cant put the ball in the hole.

Lets get something straight, im not down playing that lebron effects how a defense plays Cleveland. My point is the END RESULT is a open look that the Cavs get, but, Atlanta gets open looks also.

Edited by Hawkmoor

3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Man, it doesnt matter WHO passes the ball, its who SHOOTS the ball. the Hawks get just as many open looks as Cleveland. does it matter if atlanta using a TEAM concept to get the open look, vs ONE player who gets the open look? no, getting OPEN is all that matters. Cleveland as a TEAM shoots better than the Hawks. put Lebron on the Hawks and  you think the hawks would be as good as the Cavaliers? No, doenst matter how open you get if you cant put the ball in the hole.  Lets get something straight, im not down playing that lebron effects how a defense plays Cleveland. My point is the END RESULT is a open look that the Cavs get, but, Atlanta gets open looks also.

The Hawks would be much better than these Cavs with Lebron. We have a lot of two way players who are exceptional at covering space. You add Lebron to that and we dominate. You think teams will shut down Korver when Bron is there. You got to be silly to think this Cleveland team is worth a shit without James. They can score without him in spurts but Bron is the difference maker. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Man, it doesnt matter WHO passes the ball, its who SHOOTS the ball. The Hawks get just as many open looks as Cleveland. Does it matter if atlanta using a TEAM concept to get the open look, vs ONE player who gets the open look?  Getting OPEN is all that matters.

Cleveland as a TEAM shoots better than the Hawks. Put Lebron on the Hawks and  you think the Hawks would be as good as the Cavaliers?  I dont think so. It doesnt matter how open you get if you cant put the ball in the hole.

Lets get something straight, im not down playing that lebron effects how a defense plays Cleveland. My point is the END RESULT is a open look that the Cavs get, but, Atlanta gets open looks also.

Cleveland is making more shots than they ever make. These players are not this good, they are just on fire the last few games. Frye, Lebron, JR Smith, Kyrie Irving are NOT 60% three point shooters. So let's not act like this series is representative of their talent. They are playing WELL above their heads. That's just a fact, and a lot of it has to do with the confidence they have of having Lebron on their side... that, I can assure you.

Just now, NBASupes said:

The Hawks would be much better than these Cavs with Lebron. We have a lot of two way players who are exceptional at covering space. You add Lebron to that and we dominate. You think teams will shut down Korver when Bron is there. You got to be silly to think this Cleveland team is worth a shit without James. They can score without him in spurts but Bron is the difference maker. 

Yall keep missing the point. Lets back up. Korver, Baze, Thabo, Horford, Sap, they ALL get OPEN looks at the basket.  They dont need Lebron for that. If the Hawks jumpshots were being heavily contested, then your point would be valid.   When Jordan played, he kicked out to people who could SHOOT the ball. It doesnt matter if Jordan collapsed defenses and kicked out, they had to be able to SHOOT the ball when they GOT IT.

Cleveland has people who CAN do that, Atlanta does not. If Lebron came to Atlanta, Baze, Dennis, possibly Thabo, etc. they would be GONE. Lebron would run them out of town and Korver would either straighten up or come off the bench. THATS the lebron effect.

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Cleveland is making more shots than they ever make. These players are not this good, they are just on fire the last few games. Frye, Lebron, JR Smith, Kyrie Irving are NOT 60% three point shooters. So let's not act like this series is representative of their talent. They are playing WELL above their heads. That's just a fact, and a lot of it has to do with the confidence they have of having Lebron on their side... that, I can assure you.

Does San Antonio have lebron James????????  They got people who can SHOOT the ball.  Does Golden State????

3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Yall keep missing the point. Lets back up. Korver, Baze, Thabo, Horford, Sap, they ALL get OPEN looks at the basket.  They dont need Lebron for that. If the Hawks jumpshots were being heavily contested, then your point would be valid.   When Jordan played, he kicked out to people who could SHOOT the ball. It doesnt matter if Jordan collapsed defenses and kicked out, they had to be able to SHOOT the ball when they GOT IT.

Cleveland has people who CAN do that, Atlanta does not. If Lebron came to Atlanta, Baze, Dennis, possibly Thabo, etc. they would be GONE. Lebron would run them out of town and Korver would either straighten up or come off the bench. THATS the lebron effect.

Korver got one open look all night at the .47 mark. Most of our shots were contested. Maybe Thabo had two that was open. What games are you watching? There is a clear difference. 

Just now, Hawkmoor said:

Does San Antonio have lebron James????????  They got people who can SHOOT the ball.  Does Golden State????

Those are the other two clearly ELITE NBA teams. No one is on there level. Only OKC got the talent and firepower to play with them. This is a four team league this year. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Korver got one open look all night at the .47 mark. Most of our shots were contested. Maybe Thabo had two that was open. What games are you watching? There is a clear difference. 

I saw J.R. busting the Hawks last year and this year with DEFENDERS DRAPED on him. Same with Kyrie. They just shoot better, plain and simple.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ceveland is making an insane amount of threes. It sin't because they are the best three point shooting team in the history of the NBA. It's a matter of luck and LBJ.

Cleveland shot 36% during the regular season, Hawks shot 35%. Not much of a difference. If they were shooting their % on threes it would be a different story. Unfortunately they have gotten on the biggest hot streak in the history of the league. If they continue to shoot this way... which they won't, they'll never lose another game during the playoffs. 

There is NO defense against a team that has 11 guys shooting threes at a better clip than last year's Kyle Korver. There just isn't.

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Cleveland is making more shots than they ever make. These players are not this good, they are just on fire for the whole playoffs. Frye, Lebron, JR Smith, Kyrie Irving are NOT 60% three point shooters. So let's not act like this series is representative of their talent. They are playing WELL above their heads. That's just a fact, and a lot of it has to do with the confidence they have of having Lebron on their side... that, I can assure you.

FIFY. Once again, they were on fire from three vs Detroit too (not as bad as here but still they shot 41.3% from 3, and over the last three games of that series it's higher).

The worst percentage they've shot in the playoffs from three is 34.3%, once. They've been at 36% or better all playoffs. If they don't cool off my worst case scenario may well come true and they go 12-0 through the east. Miami may seem more confident than Atlanta but they have offensive droughts at times as well, and Lowry's still lost at this point.

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

FIFY. Once again, they were on fire from three vs Detroit too (not as bad as here but still they shot 41.3% from 3, and over the last three games of that series it's higher).

The worst percentage they've shot in the playoffs from three is 34.3%, once. They've been at 36% or better all playoffs. If they don't cool off my worst case scenario may well come true and they go 12-0 through the east. Miami may seem more confident than Atlanta but they have offensive droughts at times as well, and Lowry's still lost at this point.

I hear you, but that type of shooting is just not sustainable during the whole playoffs. It's already a miracle they've kept it going this far. Guys that ar 35% shooters from three don't all of a sudden morph into Steph Curry on steroids overnight and stay that way. 

I would expect a good three point shooting team to average about 37-38% on made threes. Maybe 41.3% isn't that bad, but consider this...

43% in the last three games of the Detroit series.

They've been on fire since the playoffs have basically started.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Lurker said:

I would expect a good three point shooting team to average about 37-38% on made threes. Maybe 41.3% isn't that bad, but consider this...

43% in the last three games of the Detroit series.

They've been on fire since the playoffs have basically started.

Cleveland should be at around 48% for the playoffs after tonight. Which is to say absurd, would be a total understatement. It's the best shooting performance that has ever been witnessed, EASILY.

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 1