• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tank?

ATLiott

I think we all gotta accept that if you're a Georgia sports team, you're going to be cursed. I think the Braves will be good sooner than some think but until they let go of their old and archaic ways, they're not winning any more WSes.

And the Falcons....well at this point old Arthur Blank is delusional. He said he expects to be back in the playoffs this year.

Edited by Lurker

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

now this makes more sense to me.

Change the current 2nd raters for more 2nd raters. That will get the job done.

They basically traded Joe Johnson for Paul Millcrap and they have the same old results.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Change the current 2nd raters for more 2nd raters. That will get the job done.

Wait, what's your plan again? Finishing last place and crossing our fingers we pick the next Lebron? What happens when it turns out to be the next Wiggins instead? We toil in the lottery until we finally get enough 2nd rate talent to make the fourth seed again?

Edited by Atlantaholic

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Wait, what's your plan again?

I'd rather do the draft. Hell, at least they could have had Paul. They can't even get close to top notch FA's.

Then again, maybe this franchise is simply f***ing hopeless.

But, go ahead... Trade for more Joe Johnson's and Paul Millsap's and see if you get different results.

It isn't likely. Just this like this whole team concept we've been hearing about since Bud was brought in is a complete load of shit.

That Hoosier shit isn't reality.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I'd rather do the draft. Hell, at least they could have had Paul. They can't even get close to top notch FA's.

Then again, maybe this franchise is simply f***ing hopeless.

But, go ahead... Trade for more Joe Johnson's and Paul Millsap's and see if you get different results.

It isn't likely. Just this like this whole team concept we've been hearing about since Bud was brought in is a complete load of shit.

That Hoosier shit isn't reality.

Has Paul ever gotten past the second round?

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Wait, what's your plan again? Finishing last place and crossing our fingers we pick the next Lebron? What happens when it turns out to be the next Wiggins instead? We toil in the lottery until we finally get enough 2nd rate talent to make the fourth seed again?

This is more likely in Atlanta sports than them nailing something even with good draft evaluators. In this case I'd keep one of the PF/C and move on from the other and Jeff Teague, use both as trade bait.

• Premium Member
Just now, Lurker said:

This is more likely in Atlanta sports than them nailing something even with good draft evaluators. In this case I'd keep one of the PF/C and move on from the other and Jeff Teague, use both as trade bait.

This is the only sensible approach really. No, it doesn't guarantee a championship, but fans of this team and the league need to understand that nothing short of having Lebron will allow you to get out of the east until he hangs em up or at least starts declining. I'd rather try to stick with a competent team until the dude starts to decline a year or two from now, then go through the whole, 10 win season thing Philly has been doing and that we did back in the day.

6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Has Paul ever gotten past the second round?

He's better than anything the Hawks have had in over 2 decades. He is sure as f*** is more of a star than anything the Hawks have had in years and likely better than anything the hawks will have in the foreseeable future.

It's not like you're going to get a lot for trading in Hoford and Sap. They're in the damn 30's and a couple of prime years left. Hell, Al is already past his prime.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

This is the only sensible approach really. No, it doesn't guarantee a championship, but fans of this team and the league need to understand that nothing short of having Lebron will allow you to get out of the east until he hangs em up or at least starts declining. I'd rather try to stick with a competent team until the dude starts to decline a year or two from now, then go through the whole, 10 win season thing Philly has been doing and that we did back in the day.

He'll jump on another teams bandwagon when he losses a little more steam.

This team is going to have diminishing results and they've got no room to get better. The only young players this team has that is worth a shit is Dennis and maybe Edy. Watch him turn out to be nothing more than a backup also. We'll never get to see him play anyway because Bud would rather play sorry ass Moose.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

There will always be great players playing for great teams in this league.  Continuing to tie up the majority of your cap on guys who just keep you competitive while trying to wait for a great player to decline or go away doesn't work.  The Hawks tried that when Boston had their big three.  After they faded, LeBron took over.  Someone will be waiting to take over when LeBron fades.  The Hawks need to put themselves in a position to get that guy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

There will always be great players playing for great teams in this league.  Continuing to tie up the majority of your cap on guys who just keep you competitive while trying to wait for a great player to decline or go away doesn't work.  The Hawks tried that when Boston had their big three.  After they faded, LeBron took over.  Someone will be waiting to take over when LeBron fades.  The Hawks need to put themselves in a position to get that guy.

Yeah, The up and coming Hawks were supposed to take charge when aging Boston were done. Yeah, that worked so well. Instead, Boston won a title and their team is a piece or two away from passing the Hawks again.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 3

We need to get rid of scrubs and draft a new team. This organization HAS NOT beat Lebron in 1 playoff game in his ENTIRE career. Come on man!

Stop the embarrassment of keeping the same yearly swept core.

Edited by RWF

11 hours ago, ATLiott said:

Free agents won't come here so what other option is there? Should have traded Al and Jeff. 

So you wanted Burk and Burkes from Utah for Jeff?

So you wanted GHill for Teague from Indy?

So you wanted Sully, Olynyk and a late 1st from Boston for Al?

Cause those  were the rumored offers. Pray tell how does those pile-o-crap trades make us better. You don't  make panic trades, you trade for what you meed not for  what you can get.

I want to see a good tank proposal then I  may get on board, because  doing it Philly style is futile.