• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With all the rebuilding topics let's think about this....

ViewsFromTheSquawk

45 minutes ago, TrollMaster said:

Are you kidding??? He is undersized...a poor outside shooter...bad passer and average defender. TRADE him...get a rookie to fill in as back up to Teague. In all honesty TEAGUE is the only player that the Hawks should keep and the rest need to be moved.

No way Horford deserves max money. TRADE.

Millsap is soft and not even mildly consistent.  TRADE.

Korver is old, one-dimensional. TRADE.

Bazemore a bench player 6 man at best. Go to the gym and work on your shot kid. KEEP/BACKUP

The rest are not even worth mentioning....bench players.

Spend big money on a Free Agent.

So your roster is Teague, Rookie Shooting Guard, Free-Agent, Whoever you get from Millsap/Horford Deal, and someone stepping up from the rest of the bag of balls aka Hawks.

Why would a big free agent come here when you just gutted the team of most of its talent via trade?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

The first thing we need ASAP is one better wing player. If we could find a way to get Butler from Chicago or sign a guy like Beal we'd be in some major business. It's all about building blocks with this system. It was until just this season that SAS has reached their full potential and that's with Duncan,Parker,and Manu being past their primes. So we must copy that ideology into our team and find those pieces that makes SAS so great. And before y'all say they have superstars I understand that, but that's the thing we have Schröder who has his times where he seems unstoppable and then if you add onto that with a guy like I said above (Beal or Butler) alongside the most versatile bigs in the NBA with one of the best 3 point shooters in NBA history. That's a solid lineup and a massive step in the right direction 

Beal? smh. You must like how he looks in street clothes..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

This is undoubtedly, since the Nique era, the best basketball us Hawks fans have watched. Bud has turned this team into a top 4 candidate and arguably top 2 in the Eastern conference for the forseeable future. With that in mind let's not go nuts with worry about how we're gonna be a finals team now. Instead let's just worry about being the best team in the conference, and work towards that. Because if you ask me we're not that far off. With this in mind tho how would y'all go about dethroning Cleveland? 

We're  nor far off from what exactly? Making the playoffs every year? Cause it sure ain't  the LOB.

4 hours ago, TrollMaster said:

Are you kidding??? He is undersized...a poor outside shooter...bad passer and average defender. TRADE him...get a rookie to fill in as back up to Teague. In all honesty TEAGUE is the only player that the Hawks should keep and the rest need to be moved.

No way Horford deserves max money. TRADE.

Millsap is soft and not even mildly consistent.  TRADE.

Korver is old, one-dimensional. TRADE.

Bazemore a bench player 6 man at best. Go to the gym and work on your shot kid. KEEP/BACKUP

The rest are not even worth mentioning....bench players.

Spend big money on a Free Agent.

So your roster is Teague, Rookie Shooting Guard, Free-Agent, Whoever you get from Millsap/Horford Deal, and someone stepping up from the rest of the bag of balls aka Hawks.

1. This makes no sense, Teague is the tin man from Wizard of Oz - searching for a heart.  

2. Durant is the only BIG NAME  free agent  this offseason and  he's  not coming to Atlanta to play with Teague and some pie in the sky SG rookie.

4 hours ago, Flight said:

We should make a run at getting jimmy butler or Paul George. We have to strengthen our wing positions in the same light that the Warriors did tbh. 

There are some rumors that Jimmy Butler might want out of Chicago...

1870.jpg

According to the Chicago Tribune, some comments made by GM Gar Forman didn't sit well with Jimmy Butler.

When asked directly about committing to Butler as a franchise centerpiece last month, Forman said the Bulls will "have to explore all options." Butler wasn't happy with Forman's answer and he also still feels "slighted" from his failed negotiations on his rookie extension earlier in his Bulls' career. The Bulls' stance regarding Butler hasn't changed since February and while the chances of a trade are slim, they would be willing to move him in exchange for a high-profile player and several first-round picks. The Celtics did try to engage the Bulls in trade talks at the deadline, but their offer centered around reserves and picks wasn't nearly enough.
Source: Chicago Tribune
May 8 - 10:27 AM

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Millsap for Butler

Interesting. 

Would Millsap be considered  a 'high profile' player  they are looking for.  We also have the Minny future  1st.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We're  nor far off from what exactly? Making the playoffs every year? Cause it sure ain't  the LOB.

Far off from being the team that's comes outta the east. We just lost in 4 to Cleveland with a team everyone agrees was less talented than last years. Not only that, but we were MILES more competitive than last season against a better Cleveland team. 

• Premium Member

I'm hoping this is right forum, apologize to mod if it isn't but I like that Supes if we keep Al at the 4 with hopefully upgrade over Splitter at 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Far off from being the team that's comes outta the east. We just lost in 4 to Cleveland with a team everyone agrees was less talented than last years. Not only that, but we were MILES more competitive than last season against a better Cleveland team. 

No we got swept.

2 years in a row now, only last time we got to the ECF.

Pg- Dennis

sg- Jimmy Butler

sf- Thabo

pf- Al Horford 

c- Splitter/Hump/possibly Noah

Edited by Spud2Nique

• Premium Member

.... Call it how you see it, but I feel as if it's something we can build from. 

I see where you're coming from. Their team was better and deeper, this time our team was healthy but not as good as last year's team when healthy and we were competitive 3/4 games in the sweep.

I guess you could call it progress, kind of a glass half full perspective.