• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With all the rebuilding topics let's think about this....

ViewsFromTheSquawk

And how are we to get that all-star wing? To get you need to give. So in order to get that guy, we take a hit somewhere else.

And who do we give to get a Butler type player? Bulls wouldn't think about giving up Butler for any of these guys.

It's easy to say we only need 1 guy, but it's impossible to. So we are left with average or rebuild.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Sap is on a short term deal. It is very friendly to our situation at hand and I'm sure once it's up he'll resign again for a cheaper cost. I expect Al to do the same and be loyal to ATL. However the MAIN THING we must do is get rid of the guys who are a waste of cap space. And by that I mean....

Muscala=1,000,000

Splitter=8,000,000

Teague=8,000,000

Baze=2,000,000

Hinrich=3,000,000

and maybe possibly even Hardaway (1,300,000)

that right their gives you 22mil to shop around with..... 

Lol, Millsap didn't take a pay cut last offseason.  That's why DMC is gone.  What makes you think he will take a pay cut when he opts out of his deal after next season?  Don't be fooled.  The reason he got the opt out clause was so he could take advantage of the rising salary cap.  So yes, it will cost even more money than what Horford's max is to bring Millsap back next offseason.  He will be looking for max money again on what will be his last big contract.  Players don't think like fans.  This is a business for them.

Edited by Jody23
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RWF said:

Nothing will convince me that we are only '1 all-star wing' away from at least winning 1 game against Lebron, let alone a championship.

We need to gut the roster.

This team clearly isn't. Nobody is saving this team in free agency outside of Kevin Durant.

The Hawks can upgrade the wing and bring in another big man and still lose to Cleveland or some other more talented squad in the playoffs. These "If only they had a #1 option" type of squads that so many people on here seem to love never win a damn thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Yes they might have HOFers. But we can't be just willy nilly throwing our core away for something that might not even work in the end. 

True, but we already know what doesn't work. Our core. 

• Like 3

I knew the Hawk werent serious waaaay back when they refused to add to their team before the trade deadline last year.  Last year, with the way Cleveland was built, if the Hawks had a player like Humphries back then, they couldve taken Cleveland in the playoffs. Too late now. Cleveland will get even better while the Hawks go get a scrub and a d league player, while maxing Horford and gonna brag about THAT.