• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horf Loves Atlanta. Sapp Loves Atlanta.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Seeing Sap's interview after the loss tells me one thing..  He loves Atlanta and Budball.  I don't know how anybody could look over the way that Cleveland has beaten us over the last 7 years and think... We can get them next year if all we do is go into the offseason and work harder.

We need a superstar.

BUT

Horf Loves Atlanta and Sap Loves Atlanta.  My question is what kind of recruiting are we doing??

Here's questions for Hawks fans...

1.  Will Splitter make the difference for us on the glass?  Will his return make us better defensively?

2.  Do you see Schröder being able to improve any more than he is today?

3.  In the 4th yr of Budball, do you think we will be any better than the 2nd year?

4.  Will THJr and Scott be ready to step up and replace Korver and Thabo?

5.  Everybody says... we need a wing..  Would subtracting Moose, Hinrich, and some of the cheaper others and replacing them with Batum or Barnes make us That team to be feared in the NBA?

Splitter makes us a lot better defensively due to his BBIQ and positioning. Having him and Humphries would be huge for us.

He has gotten much better each year, the sky is the limit for the young man. My issues with him is decision making where I am a lot more questionable with him. He is going to improve his PG skills but decision making is the hardest thing for  a PG to improve along with quickness and speed.

I like Budball, I don't like Bazemore at SF though or Korver as a starter in the playoffs.

Scott is what he is. A tweener who when hot is a solid scorer off the bench who plays hard. Thabo is irreplaceable. Tim should be much better. How much is the question. He doesn't seem to have Bazemore's ceiling.

We need a wing but we have to have flexibility. We could go as high as Durant to as low as Matt Barnes. It depends on the package.

I am high on this team. We don't need a lot but we do need that Dennis level talent to add at another position. Not just at PG. 

I would love Levine, Middleton or Hood but doubt their availability.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Korver needs to come off the bench next season... Bazemore at SG. Get a legit SF.

I really want our rebounding to be top 15 in the league next season... Our lack of rebounding gives me the same feeling that the Falcons gives me over their lack of a pass rush. Hard to win games when can't put pressure on the QB and hard to win games when you get outrebounded every game. I love Horf, but he isn't doing anything to fix our issues on the boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Seeing Sap's interview after the loss tells me one thing..  He loves Atlanta and Budball.  I don't know how anybody could look over the way that Cleveland has beaten us over the last 7 years and think... We can get them next year if all we do is go into the offseason and work harder.

We need a superstar.

BUT

Horf Loves Atlanta and Sap Loves Atlanta.  My question is what kind of recruiting are we doing??

1.  Will Splitter make the difference for us on the glass?  Will his return make us better defensively?

3.  In the 4th yr of Budball, do you think we will be any better than the 2nd year?

5.  Everybody says... we need a wing..  Would subtracting Moose, Hinrich, and some of the cheaper others and replacing them with Batum or Barnes make us That team to be feared in the NBA?

1. I doubt it. He's a shell of himself. He's getting older. I wish ATL would have gotten Diaw instead of Splitter in the trade. He would have been great against Love.

2. Yes. He just needs a chance. He's young.

3. It depends who's on the roster.

4. I doubt it. THJr didn't get any meaningful minutes against CLE. Bud obviously doesn't trust him enough. Scott peaked. 

5. It'd cost more than that to get a Batum/Barnes but no, I don't think a Barnes/Batum could be the difference in becoming a feared team. Hawks really need to retool the whole roster.

6 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Korver needs to come off the bench next season... Bazemore at SG. Get a legit SF.

This. And Korver needs to come off the bench at SF, so THjr can come off the bench at SG. Thabo should be the 5th wing in the rotation.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Diesel said:

We need a superstar.

BUT

Run the same team out their next year, its another sweep. In fact, that SAME roster will fall to a 7 or 8 seed next year.