• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

First it was Larry...Now it's Lebron

DocWilkins

Feels pretty damn awful sitting here on a Monday morning after my beloved Hawks were the only team to get swept in the second round. I appreciate everyone's opinion and really enjoyed hanging in the chat room with you all this year. 

That said I just can't understand anyone that would advocate with keeping this team together and just adding a piece here or there. The reason being is WE HAVE TO COME UP WITH A BONAFIDE SUPERSTAR. The Hawks had one back in the day and even his great talents weren't enough to get by the Celtics who had Larry and a boat load of other talented players...Those teams remind me of our current predicament against the Cavs although the 80's Hawks had enough talent to push the Celtics they just could never get by them. 

We will never get by the Cavs by keeping this team together and adding a piece here or there. Do you really care if we get eliminated First round, Second Round, ECF?? No one remembers nor cares if you are/were competitive. I want a roster that can compete for a title, don't care if we get there via free agency, don't care if we tank and rebuild. I am tired of being a good team...I want it all! Call me selfish but I hope the Ressler Hill gang can finally give us a blockbuster deal that will carry us over the HUMP (No pun intended). Time to put the big boy panties on and make some damn moves...The JSmoove, Joe Johnson, Horford/Sap eras are/were never going to bring us a title so why not at long last shake the hell out of this thing and see what happens. 

Enjoy the offseason brothers and sisters! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Honestly the thing that bothers me more than anything is that we are soft, and we've been soft for years.   Humphries looks like the second coming of Rick Mahorn when he's in there simply in comparison to the rest of our guys.    I like having 'high character', smart basketball players but it sometimes comes without that mean streak. 

Exactly! I'd love our top guys, mainly our starters to be high character guys and have one or two thugs like Matt Barnes to regulate. Actually I'm worried about 2 thugs cuz they might fight in the locker room and screw up team chemistry but how bout 1 crazy thug.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Exactly! I'd love our top guys, mainly our starters to be high character guys and have one or two thugs like Matt Barnes to regulate. Actually I'm worried about 2 thugs cuz they might fight in the locker room and screw up team chemistry but how bout 1 crazy thug.

How about just one guy who would rather put someone on the floor than feebly wave at their layup?    Or someone who will knock lebron into the stands in the first quarter rather than when you've already crapped out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

How about just one guy who would rather put someone on the floor than feebly wave at their layup?    Or someone who will knock lebron into the stands in the first quarter rather than when you've already crapped out.

Yup, Matt Barnes. Lol

• Premium Member

I've been saying this for many years.  Honestly, I've been preaching this since 1996...but it's like those dreams where you're screaming at the top of your lungs, but nobody can hear you.  Though I agree with you 100%, it's hard for me to put my feelings into words right now...so I'm just gonna rattle off what's been on my mind as it relates.

This franchise and its fan base in general are allergic to change.  To me, this is a lot of what's wrong with us.  I must've said this a trillion times, but this is not a game where you can just sit still.  You have to make changes.  You see contenders fire coaches MIDSEASON...but we'll hold onto a Mike Woodson or Larry Drew for eons for fear of disrupting competitive continuity.  Even if it's just playoff continuity.  And we hold onto players WAY too long...even now, people are trembling at the thought of letting Al go (I suggested we trade him several years ago fearing this very situation and was damn near burned alive for it).

We are afraid of change and allergic to risk and I'm gonna tell you right now...we will not break this cycle until our front office comes to terms with what it takes to win.  I just wonder when we'll finally say enough is enough.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

It's not that we just look SOFT.  We look SOFT and DUMB.

There's my problem.   Kevin Love Open for the same Shot all series long.   We doubled with no rotation.   It's the dumbest defensive play I have seen in a while.   Offensively, we abandoned a team oriented offense that looked good in the first half and play ISO ball with the kings of ISO Ball.   We looked DUMB.

Break em up.

• Premium Member

And there will be a new "LeBron" or Larry....there will be another Boston, Detroit, Cleveland in our way.  There always is.  Talent is not going to stop coming into the league and it's foolish to think that just because these other teams are "bad" now that it'll stay that way forever.  All it takes is for ONE team to become the next Cleveland and we're back to fighting it out in the middle...let alone if 2 or 3 young teams mature into front runners.

This is my current fear, that we will stick with this and get leapfrogged again.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It's not that we just look SOFT.  We look SOFT and DUMB.

There's my problem.   Kevin Love Open for the same Shot all series long.   We doubled with no rotation.   It's the dumbest defensive play I have seen in a while.   Offensively, we abandoned a team oriented offense that looked good in the first half and play ISO ball with the kings of ISO Ball.   We looked DUMB.

Break em up.

Yeah I hated that double team defense. It would work against Boston since they lacked shooters but clearly CLE got shooters.

33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There is no way we can bring this same group back and expect a different result. 

I think we have 4-6 new players on the team with 1 or 2 major trades to RETOOL, not rebuild. Bud isn't here to rebuild and the franchise can't go through that again like we did from 2000-2007....I can't take that again.

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Honestly the thing that bothers me more than anything is that we are soft, and we've been soft for years.   Humphries looks like the second coming of Rick Mahorn when he's in there simply in comparison to the rest of our guys.    I like having 'high character', smart basketball players but it sometimes comes without that mean streak. 

The Hawks REAL answer is out in Sacramento.  Cousins is worth Horford, Teague or Schröder, Baze and a pick:

819953059_medium.gif

cousinsdunk.0.gif

this could work if the hawks can get scoring from the shooting guard.  in this lineup, thabo wouldnt need to score because Cousins and Sap would hold down the front court scoring.

pg teague or dennis

sg hardaway

sf thabo

pf sap

c cousins

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

The Hawks REAL answer is out in Sacramento.  Cousins is worth Horford, Teague or Schröder, Baze and a pick this could work if the hawks can get scoring from the shooting guard.  in this lineup, thabo wouldnt need to score because Cousins and Sap would hold down the front court scoring.

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

You're playing with my emotions.   I would sell the farm for Boogie Cousins.. and make him a Hawks for Life.

• Like 1

Just now, Diesel said:

You're playing with my emotions.   I would sell the farm for Boogie Cousins.. and make him a Hawks for Life.

lmao. He is the ONLY player in the league, and thats including Anthony Davis, that i would sell the farm to get. Cousins just brings EVERYTHING the Hawks need.  You think Lebron and the gang would be charging down the lane with Cousins waiting to knock them up into the 10th row????

CousinsDestroysRandolph.gif

BoogieChasedownBlock2.gif

dcblock1

30 minutes ago, Diesel said:

What about Splitter?

What about him? He's  a big we missed having. Would  we have signed Hump if Splitter was healthy? At least Splitter would have played more unlike Hump.

Still the same team - Korver  shouldn't  start anymore, Baze shouldnt be the starting SF.