• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lucas Nogueira. Hawks shouldve kept him.

Hawkmoor

4 hours ago, Watchman said:

What is your question supposed to mean?  His hair was matted down  the other night.  Sorry you have no sense of humor.  To me it looked like he had woken up from a nap and didn't have time to style it.

Asking a question means I have no humor? I just wanted clarification on what you meant, don't start the whole "back in my day" speech please.

4 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

The hot streak continues! In a 30-point blowout, he notched one minute and had 2 points! Game changer.

It's not his fault you can't recognize the greatness of his contribution.  If he hadn't played those 2 minutes can you definitively say they wouldn't have won by 30?

Boom.  Let that sink in.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Boom.

SnT Horford and a 1st for Noc ... Nog .... Lucas, who says no?

Throw in Dennis.  I don't see Dennis on this year's ECF rosters.

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Throw in Dennis.  I don't see Dennis on this year's ECF rosters.

Agreed.

Also, was that the Kobe-stopper himself, Dahntay Jones on the Calfs bench?  Hawks let him go too.  All I got to say is ...

toronto_home.jpg

Boom.

On 5/16/2016 at 0:16 PM, AHF said:

Lucas?

Yeah.   Obv, what I meant.  Noguiera was not a good pick nor was Payne.  Dennis was.  We have had the sense at least to move on from our poor picks.  Tavares will be more useful than Lucas though we got seemingly little for Lucas.  Marcus Eriksson...any good word on that former second rounder?

Edited by bumpyphish1

• Moderators
On 5/21/2016 at 11:32 PM, bumpyphish1 said:

Yeah.   Obv, what I meant.  Noguiera was not a good pick nor was Payne.  Dennis was.  We have had the sense at least to move on from our poor picks.  Tavares will be more useful than Lucas though we got seemingly little for Lucas.  Marcus Eriksson...any good word on that former second rounder?

What is the worst about Bebe and Payne for me is that those guys were selected at #15 and #16 overall in the draft (passing over useful talent) and they were so bad that we knew to just throw them out for anything we could get before Bebe ever stepped on the floor for us and before Payne had played 20 minutes for us.  How much scouting have you done for you to lose faith in 2 guys with a combined 19 minutes of NBA action?

Time has demonstrated that moving on was the right call (although value for Bebe / Lou was low) but man that is some terrible drafting for you to lose faith in them that quickly.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

What is the worst about Bebe and Payne for me is that those guys were selected at #15 and #16 overall in the draft (passing over useful talent) and they were so bad that we knew to just throw them out for anything we could get before Bebe ever stepped on the floor for us and before Payne had played 20 minutes for us.  How much scouting have you done for you to lose faith in 2 guys with a combined 19 minutes of NBA action?

Time has demonstrated that moving on was the right call (although value for Bebe / Lou was low) but man that is some terrible drafting for you to lose faith in them that quickly.

Exactly. People wanna keep saying that letting Noreiga, Payne, etc. go was the right thing to do.  Ok, but WHO drafted them? lmao

A team like the Hawks, who CLAIM they cant recruit a superstar, BETTER not miss on ANY draft picks.

Edited by Hawkmoor

39 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Exactly. People wanna keep saying that letting Noreiga, Payne, etc. go was the right thing to do.  Ok, but WHO drafted them? lmao

Danny Ferry

Which is EXACTLY why while Budenholzer as team president happened too quick, even if Ferry was actually HERE, I very DEEPLY doubt that the team is changed much. I suspect that a player is actually drafted in the first round, and that said player chills on the bench all season long outside of garbage time, a different big other than Tiago is acquired (don't ask me who, maybe Jordan Hill), and Carroll still walks.

Which means the complaints will be refocused to these instead of complaints about "Even if Hardaway Jr plays, he's only a chucker and plays no defense at all" and "Tiago Splitter sucks at pretty much everything!":

WHY is Budenholzer SO allergic to playing rookies?

WHY is Jordan Hill not starting with both Al Horford and Paul Millsap?

WHY was there no real attempt to get better?

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Danny Ferry

Which is EXACTLY why while Budenholzer as team president happened too quick, even if Ferry was actually HERE, I very DEEPLY doubt that the team is changed much. I suspect that a player is actually drafted in the first round, and that said player chills on the bench all season long outside of garbage time, a different big other than Tiago is acquired (don't ask me who, maybe Jordan Hill), and Carroll still walks.

Which means the complaints will be refocused to these instead of complaints about "Even if Hardaway Jr plays, he's only a chucker and plays no defense at all" and "Tiago Splitter sucks at pretty much everything!":

WHY is Jordan Hill not starting with both Al Horford and Paul Millsap?

WHY was there no real attempt to get better?

I think there is no difference between the way Ferry and Bud approach this because i think there is a mandate to stay outside of the luxury tax from Hawks ownership. 

Edited by Hawkmoor

13 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I think there is no difference between the way Ferry and Bud approach this because i think there is a mandate to stay outside of the luxury tax from Hawks ownership. 

You just don't decide that this year as an owner I will jump into the luxury tax.  That happens by having available capspace to begin with to sign other teams free agents while exceeding the cap to resign your own.  

The previous Hawks ownership  had no interest to even exceed the Cap let alone venture into Luxury tax territory.

It remains to be seen if New Ownership will have the same stance.

If salary is cleared, and Al is sign him using strictly capspace then the mandate is to not exceed the cap at all.  So we shall see.

On 5/23/2016 at 11:31 AM, AHF said:

So we gave up Noguera (sic) for little.  Payne is just a deferred 1st rounder....Probably in the mid-late teens in 2018 would be my guess.  If the Wolves can't reach the playoffs by then, god help em.  If we get that first, the Payne trade is fine.  Bebe was a mistake.  Payne was a mistake that *may* have been remedied.

On 5/23/2016 at 0:32 PM, Lurker said:

Because he prefers players to be iron-clad cogs in a system that takes time to learn.  Look at Hardaway from last season.  All the proof you need.  Whether it's rookies, or young signees (Baze)....it takes time.  No issue with Bud there.