• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta/Milwaukee.

Diesel

no-hell-no.gif

Unless pick #10 or one of their Wings are coming to Atlanta.  Of course Bucks would love Teague, but the feeling is not mutual for the Hawks.

• Admin

Monroe is a horrible defender .... he is slow and can not guard a paper bag.  There is a really why Detroit let him walk and the Bucks want to get rid of him.  

I know he can score and is a decent rebounder but He will hurt more then help this team.

21 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Monroe is a horrible defender .... he is slow and can not guard a paper bag.  There is a really why Detroit let him walk and the Bucks want to get rid of him.  

I know he can score and is a decent rebounder but He will hurt more then help this team.

Just trying to imagine the mental anguish Bud would go through with Monroe. At his salary you would have to play him a lot but Bud is a very serious stickler about playing defense the entire time your on the floor. It took THJ almost the whole year to get good playing time mainly because of his defense but his salary was less than one tenth of Monroe's. Don't think the FO would put Bud or themselves in that position.    

33 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

what position would monroe play for us?  other than doghouse

@macdaddyGood try but this needs a gif. That 'on the bench between Heiny and Hump'  was gold. Still makes me chuckle.

Seen this on another site wasn't sure what to think about it as it was a 3 team deal.

Atlanta Hawks get:
Greg Monroe
Trey Burke
12th Overall Draft Pick

Milwaukee Bucks get:
Tiago Splitter
21st Overall Draft Pick

Utah Jazz get:
Jeff Teague

48 minutes ago, falconfan13 said:

Seen this on another site wasn't sure what to think about it as it was a 3 team deal.

Atlanta Hawks get:
Greg Monroe
Trey Burke
12th Overall Draft Pick

Milwaukee Bucks get:
Tiago Splitter
21st Overall Draft Pick

Utah Jazz get:
Jeff Teague

I actually wouldn't mind that as long as they don't fancy Monroe as some Horford replacement/insurance policy if he leaves.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I have no interest in Monroe.

Ya I've hated Monroe since forever and Trey is having issues in the league and #12 is not that much better than 21. Top 8 pick or forget it.

• Admin
2 hours ago, falconfan13 said:

Atlanta Hawks get:
Greg Monroe
Trey Burke
12th Overall Draft Pick

Milwaukee Bucks get:
Tiago Splitter
21st Overall Draft Pick

Utah Jazz get:
Jeff Teague

Wow so we use space on  a defensive civ Monroe and a  point guard who can't pass shoot or defend in  Burke and the 12th pick in a weak draft

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I actually wouldn't mind that as long as they don't fancy Monroe as some Horford replacement/insurance policy if he leaves.

Im with you on that one im thinking of Monroe as more of a upgrade to splitter if they can keep horford as well and have a nice rotation of legit bigs that can give you 15+ and 6+ avg at PF or C.   With that said i like most am not a big Monroe fan the 12 isn't to bad and Burke is just there.    I wouldn't hate the trade if it happened but wouldn't jump for joy either as i don't see Teague bringing a top 8 to 10 pick.

Edited by falconfan13

• Admin
26 minutes ago, falconfan13 said:

Im with you on that one im thinking of Monroe as more of a upgrade to splitter if they can keep horford as well and have a nice rotation of legit bigs that can give you 15+ and 6+ avg at PF or C.   With that said i like most am not a big Monroe fan the 12 isn't to bad and Burke is just there.    I wouldn't hate the trade if it happened but wouldn't jump for joy either as i don't see Teague bringing a top 8 to 10 pick.

When you take into consideration that he will make 17.1, 17.8 over the next two seasons then he is not an upgrade since he can't defend

• Like 1

It took the Bucks half a season to realize Monroe sucked, especially on defense. Pass. Getting a big who can't defend, a PG who can't shoot or do anything for that matter all to help the Bucks round out thir team. Pass.

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It took the Bucks half a season to realize Monroe sucked, especially on defense. Pass. Getting a big who can't defend, a PG who can't shoot or do anything for that matter all to help the Bucks round out thir team. Pass.

Even when he came out of college he was known as a good passer and not too much else. For his salary he needs to be a true power player (C or even a PF). 

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Even when he came out of college he was known as a good passer and not too much else. For his salary he needs to be a true power player (C or even a PF). 

He sucks even worse at PF. He's  better at C but that's not saying much. He's a decent post defender man on man but no rim protection and he's  horrible on PnR defense and team defense.