• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League 2016 - Hawks Schedule

The schedule for the Samsung NBA Summer League in Las Vegas has been released and the Atlanta Hawks will begin play on Friday, July 8 against the Houston Rockets. The 11-day showcase will begin on July 8 and run through Monday, July 18.

The entire event will be presented by ESPN across its entire network of channels. NBA TV will also televise 30 games. All 67 games will be available online via ESPN3.

24 teams will compete in the Summer League event with each playing three preliminary matchups before advancing to a seeded tournament. Each team will be guaranteed to play a minimum of five games each.

Here is the preliminary schedule for the Atlanta Hawks:

Friday, July 8 - Atlanta vs. Houston - 8 p.m. ET
Sunday, July 10 - Atlanta vs Washington - 4 p.m. ET
Monday, July 11 - Atlanta vs Brooklyn - 4:30 p.m. ET

Tournament play is scheduled to begin on Wednesday, July 13. Here is a look at the full schedule:

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2016/6/21/11992736/atlanta-hawks-summer-league-2016-schedule

11 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Ah the summer league ... the opportunity for people to overreact to playground basketball

It's still roundball, somewhat Hawks related and in July it's easy to become desperate for basketball game action (at just about any level). Reflecting on some lobs from Dennis to Edy and it was truly fun to watch.   

7 minutes ago, sturt said:

Anxious to see if Delaney ends up on our SL roster.

I was wondering the same thing. Most excited to see what he and the 2 draft picks look like in action.

• Like 3

I think all 3...Prince, Bembry and Delaney will bea pleasant surprise for us. They all seem like guys that compete and are serious about winning. 

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

I think all 3...Prince, Bembry and Delaney will bea pleasant surprise for us. They all seem like guys that compete and are serious about winning. 

Yep, when all the bitching dust settles and the butt hurt wears off for some, this offseason will be recognized for good drafting and signings. Prince, Bembry, and Cordinier are all very nice/smart picks. And the Delaney and D12 signings will be effective bargains. Refusing to sign lil' bitch Alice Whoreford to a 5yr max deal will seem like sheer genius after he flounders in the Celtic environment and D12 is redeeming himself as hometown hero with 20/12 on an affordable deal. I love the fire and dawg in Shredder, Blaze, and the picks.

4 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

If the teague trade hasn't gone through, will we even see prince suit up on Tuesday? 

Signing  and trades can officially start on July 7th.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Signing  and trades can officially start on July 7th.

I hope somebody (not Horford) pulls a Deandre. If Durant does it, I will celebrate for a month. Lol