• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague Traded to Pacers!!!!

Wurider05

37 minutes ago, Afro said:

Baze's cap hold is only 2.6?!?!?!

Time to see if these owners are for real. 

You almost HAVE to resign him for that price. Go over the cap and into the tax for that man....

Yes ,but we have to use capspace to sign him beyond the $2.6 he'll get on the open market  since we do not have full bird rights. We cannot exceed the cap to sign him.  we only have the 'exceed the cap option' with Horford.

1 minute ago, IheartFerry said:

So let me get this straight.  We managed to snag a #12 pick for an unpredictable and heartless point guard , that I will add , there was no way in hell we were resigning next year , and you bi-polar gluttons for punishment do not like the move? Wth is wrong with you guys?

I think we'll all calm down as we think more on it.  Until then I reserve the right to irrationally overreact and you can't stop me.  Ahhhh!!!!

bbum

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I reserve the right to continue to drama queen

Edited by IheartFerry
Cause I am a tard

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes ,but we have to use capspace to sign him beyond the $2.6 he'll get on the open market  since we do not have full bird rights. We can exceed the cap to sign him.  we only have the 'exceed the cap option' with Horford.

Should that say cannot exceed the cap? 

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes ,but we have to use capspace to sign him beyond the $2.6 he'll get on the open market  since we do not have full bird rights. We can exceed the cap to sign him.  we only have the 'exceed the cap option' with Horford.

Did Ferry just has zero knowledge of bird rights? 

We get screwed every single year over this stuff....

Or do you have to draft a guy to get full bird rights? Its not length of contract like Millsap/Carroll were. 

Edited by Afro

no offense, but what does it give the hawks? trading away a at least decent pg for someone who is considered weak in a 2 players draft? I would assemble lots of picks and go for all euros over the next years. i think they will take over (gonna get burned on that for sure). Now the nowitzki years start kicking in when young kids saw they can do that bc of dirk. nba will see a huge influx in players soonish.

trade dennis for simmons is legit but not doable:D

I told people that his tweet would not hurt his value. I said on a different Hawks blog that Jeff would end up with the Pacers

I cant really say if I like or hate this trade until I see what we do with the draft picks. If we end up with another Payne or Acie Law then Im going to be pissed. IFf we end up with a difference maker than I cant knock the move at all. Getting a lotto pick for a guy that was going to end up leaving was a good move but I want to see how they follow it up

Some of you need to just calm down and wait and see what happens. If they F this up then by all means vent lol. But at least wait

• Like 2

I like the trade because we are trying to get better. No guarantees with draft picks but our core as a whole has peaked. We could not improve anymore standing pat. Horford may be next to go but I am thinking we resign him and run with at least the 12th pick added in.

We are notorious for trading away late picks so don't be surprised if 21 is moved. Not saying it will be; but I would not be schocked. Bottom line is we need a change and moving Teague or Schröder for a valuable asset makes all the sense in the world.

24 minutes ago, Afro said:

Did Ferry just has zero knowledge of bird rights? 

We get screwed every single year over this stuff....

Or do you have to draft a guy to get full bird rights? Its not length of contract like Millsap/Carroll were. 

@AfroWe didn't have capsapce to sign Carroll and then Bazemore so DF used the LLE - lower level exception to  sign them.  You can only sign  players using the LLE for 2 years max (screwy CBA).    That's why Millsap took a little less last year so we could sign Tavares to a 3 year deal using capspace and get his full bird rights.