• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trading Out.

Diesel

14 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

How does everyone feel about #21 pick for Thad Young? Brooklyn is trying hard to get a first round pick and shopping Young. He would be a great big to have off the bench, but doubt he would want to come off the bench. The problem with this is the amount of cap space he would take up. His contract isn't bad by any means, but you never know which FAs might be wanting to sign with us.

Seems counter to what we did by clearing capspace to now take on $12 mil.

Thad would be a decent idea to come off the bench.  I am not concerned about what free agents would want to sign here because there aren't any.  Thad would  be better than any free agent the Hawks could actually sign.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Seems counter to what we did by clearing capspace to now take on $12 mil.

Yea - I just don't believe the reports that we traded Teague to clear capspace. Hawks keep things pretty hush, so why would they leak their reasoning for trading him. Plus, if we wanted to clear capspace then why wouldn't we trade Splitter? I think we traded Teague to get some value out of him before he left in free agency.

27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Funny how perceptions change on a dime.  A week ago, it was Teague for Noel and a couple of back-ups.  Than, it was:  Noel is too good to trade.  Now, Noel is worth a late lottery pick.  

Would anyone be surprised to hear that Noel was caught with a bail of weed and is now available for Tiago Splitter?  

It's just best to wait this process out.  We have no idea what the Hawks will look like until free agency is done.  Hey, at least I get the feeling the FO is trying to make things happen.  

Just now, Bankingitbig said:

Yea - I just don't believe the reports that we traded Teague to clear capspace. Hawks keep things pretty hush, so why would they leak their reasoning for trading him. Plus, if we wanted to clear capspace then why wouldn't we trade Splitter? I think we traded Teague to get some value out of him before he left in free agency.

It's nonsense really, it does give us more space but that's also not the reason for it.  we have a capable backup in Dennis so it made it easier to trade Teague.

1 minute ago, ggp said:

Funny how perceptions change on a dime.  A week ago, it was Teague for Noel and a couple of back-ups.  Than, it was:  Noel is too good to trade.  Now, Noel is worth a late lottery pick.  

Would anyone be surprised to hear that Noel was caught with a bail of weed and is now available for Tiago Splitter?  

It's just best to wait this process out.  We have no idea what the Hawks will look like until free agency is done.  Hey, at least I get the feeling the FO is trying to make things happen.  

That's why you don't believe everything you read.

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

Thad would be a decent idea to come off the bench.  I am not concerned about what free agents would want to sign here because there aren't any.  Thad would  be better than any free agent the Hawks could actually sign.

Thad traded to the Pacers for #20 pick.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA 16m16 minutes ago

Brooklyn has traded forward Thad Young to the Indiana Pacers for the 20th pick and a future 2nd rounder, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Uhhhhh, so if the Hawks want out of their pick(s), why didn't they think Thad Young was a good idea? Really makes me wonder what the plan is. And yes, if I think it's a bad one I'm prepared to slander the front office.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Uhhhhh, so if the Hawks want out of their pick(s), why didn't they think Thad Young was a good idea? Really makes me wonder what the plan is. And yes, if I think it's a bad one I'm prepared to slander the front office.

Not if they are trying to keep capspace.  Thad is making $12 million.