• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The thoughtful retooling of Atlanta Hawks 2016..

Diesel

• Premium Member

I had a chance to step back and analyze everything in the NBA to this point. Finally... Let the Dieselputer process it all. 

Here's what we have come up with...

Prediction. 

Either tonight or later there will be another trade by us.  Dieselputer suggest the trade will be Millsap to Toronto (for the pick)... and we will probably take back DMC to make it work. 

When this happens... it opens the doors for us to make 2 moves in FAcy.

1.  Keep Baze.  Prolly somewhere around 13-14 Million.

2.  Sign Joakim Noah.  Again.. somewhere between 13-18 Milliion (savings from Millsap trade + renouncements of Hinrich, Moose, Patterson). 

So if we're talking about tonight and dieselputer haven't peaked at the Raptors money...    DMC, #8 for Sap, #21... just for grins.  (Probably more likely that we do a handshake tonight and then when FAcy opens, we conclude the deal).   Same thing with Teague.

Why would we do this?

We get younger.  We get a shot at Buddy or Brown and time to raise them in our system.   Noah is everything that fits our style of play when he is healthy.

Word on the street is Chicago has no chance of resigning Noah.   When you hear Stein and others saying that we have to do something to appease Horf...I guess getting players who he want to play beside may be one of those things.   Because of Noah's injury riddled past, I don't think he will be making so much in FAcy... but Cowherd suggested that this year's reluctance was due to the fact that he hated Floyd.   #12 may be used to pick up a big or a PG.   This may also be a chance to bring up Edy and let him split time with Noah. 

So... We get bigger, more defensive, and we bring in a good shooter to man the wing.  

Thabo can still be traded.. (doubtful though) and it leaves us with a squad full of wings.. i.e. Baze may not be picked up but I wouldn't doubt that we would. 

So... all in all, our FAcy comes down to one man..

joakim-noah.jpg

By the way.. in this picture.. is the DJR patch for Derrick Rose?  Please tell me it's not. 

So DMC AND 8 for Sap and 21???? Im sure the Kings would go for that. 

Yall may balk but I'd rather do a Gay/8/Mcelmore  for Sap/21....if and only if...we got the nod that we could flip 8/12/minn 1/THJ (or mcelmore) for Jimmy Butler. 

Even that may be expecting to much of a return for Sap. 

We would be paying for his orthodontic work and not his play on the court. He is not on the court enough at all these days. Great heart but very, very damaged goods.

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

what is this infatuation with going back in time?  We made our choice, it was Sap.  DMC is gone.

It was not a choice of Sap or DMC...  We wanted Both.  We were made to lose DMC. 

Now the cards have turned so that we can get something back for sap who is 31, playing the best ball of his life.. but coming to an opt out year and he will opt out.    DMC is still a system wing that fit our system very well.   I doubt that the powers that be want to be standing in this place next offseason with Sap wanting more than 20 Million dollars at the age of 32.   Like I said .. we get Younger.

I missed the pick.  It's pick #9 and not #8.  So we move up in the draft.

The Rapts also get what they want.

Now.. the argument about Noah.  Where is he physically??  Idk....  I think it's his physical questions that make him a cheap pick up. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Afro said:

Why on gods green earth would we sign Joakhim Noah? 

Well, either him or whitesides.  Hell, Maybe Both.   Thing is, he's going to go for cheap.  He's a really good defensive player and on offense, you can basically run the offense through him. 

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Noah can't play anymore. Washed up.

Then offer him less. 

What I'm saying is make him an offer and then if we have enough, let's get Whitesides.

45 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It was not a choice of Sap or DMC...  We wanted Both.  We were made to lose DMC. 

Now the cards have turned so that we can get something back for sap who is 31, playing the best ball of his life.. but coming to an opt out year and he will opt out.    DMC is still a system wing that fit our system very well.   I doubt that the powers that be want to be standing in this place next offseason with Sap wanting more than 20 Million dollars at the age of 32.   Like I said .. we get Younger.

I missed the pick.  It's pick #9 and not #8.  So we move up in the draft.

The Rapts also get what they want.

Now.. the argument about Noah.  Where is he physically??  Idk....  I think it's his physical questions that make him a cheap pick up. 

What???

We wanted both, We couldn't have both, so we had to choose one over the other, The Hawks Choose Millsap.