• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I know it's early but...

jy23

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, MaceCase said:

Perhaps you haven't thought of it this way:  the draft was so horrible that teams didn't want any extra investments in it.

It's like going to a bad restaurant, you don't order seconds.  Danny Ainge OTOH was sitting on 8 all you can eat coupons.

I don't discount that every team we may have approached may have had their own unique reasons for not being interested, and that once you get into that top 8, those teams probably were fairly focused on a player they wanted... that, to me, is the more likely rational that might represent a one-off year in that respect. There are no absolutes here, that much is certainly correct. Pretty sure I recall some drafts where a 15-ish and a 20-ish yielded maybe a 11 or so(?).

• Moderators
8 hours ago, jy23 said:

If Minny had the 15th pick and we had like 22nd how would that not be enough to move up 4 or 5 spots? If George Hill is enough to get the 15th pick and a second rounder...if Johnny Flynn is worth the 20th pick (I believe) a second round pick AND Brad Miller...and in 2013 basically the exact same trade I'm proposing took place between Utah and Minny. Minnesota traded the 9th pick to Utah for the 14th and 21st picks. 

It could happen but it depends entirely on the teams involved.  I wouldn't count on it happening.

The Boston Celtics made a strong final push to trade up into the top 10 in the draft, culminating in an offer to the Charlotte Hornetsthat included as many as six draft picks, including four potential first-rounders, for Charlotte's No. 9 pick, sources said.

The Celtics, whose offer was rebuffed by the Hornets, wanted to move up from No. 16 in order to draft Duke forward Justise Winslow, who was ultimately selected by the Miami Heat at No. 10. The Hornets took Wisconsin center Frank Kaminsky at No. 9.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

It could happen but it depends entirely on the teams involved.  I wouldn't count on it happening.

Charlotte was stupid for that one lol. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, jy23 said:

Charlotte was stupid for that one lol. 

You know Charlotte wasn't the only one offered that package.  As long as Winslow was on the board, Boston probably made some variation of that offer to every team through and including Miami.

20 hours ago, jy23 said:

If Minny had the 15th pick and we had like 22nd how would that not be enough to move up 4 or 5 spots? If George Hill is enough to get the 15th pick and a second rounder...if Johnny Flynn is worth the 20th pick (I believe) a second round pick AND Brad Miller...and in 2013 basically the exact same trade I'm proposing took place between Utah and Minny. Minnesota traded the 9th pick to Utah for the 14th and 21st picks. 

Next year's draft will be better. This year's draft was weak, teams weren't trying to hold on to picks like that.

11 hours ago, Sothron said:

I want Minn to win 50-60 games next year and play the Hawks in the Finals.

I want Minny to win 43-47 (8th seed playoffs west)...lol...we need that pick to be high...but then I'd love them to knock out the Warriors if they are the first seed next year.