• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis as our starter (stats)

Dennis has to find the way right now. He has to know if he is trying to be a gangster or an athlethe. if he really wants to continue with this wanna be a gangster lifestyle.... how sad, but be sure  he will have to face the consequences sooner rather than later. So sad to see him ruin the hawks and his own life. Dirk never had probs like this... And noone should support him if he tries to keep criminals a safe...

6 hours ago, gonzo said:

Dennis has to find the way right now. He has to know if he is trying to be a gangster or an athlethe. if he really wants to continue with this wanna be a gangster lifestyle.... how sad, but be sure  he will have to face the consequences sooner rather than later. So sad to see him ruin the hawks and his own life. Dirk never had probs like this... And noone should support him if he tries to keep criminals a safe...

What gangster lifestyle. Did I miss something of are you talking about some instagram pics with German gangsta Rappers?

Actually Dennis could do everything the same way Dirk did but he never would get the same respect of the German media only because he doesn't look like Dirk.

I also hate the way German media thinks sports personallities only exist to please them. Incredible how they dissed Harting after his gold medal only because he didn't behave "the right way" after his win. 

I hope Dennis gets his shit together plays a brakeout season, signs a big contract and then he can shit on the German media.

Edited by rd79

All sports media sucks balls everywhere in their own ways. In Holland they do have a tradition of intellectualism with sports-journalism and they are often witty and clever, but the self-loathing and disrespect against sport stars is unseen, spescially since for such a small country they should hold up international representatives in much higher esteem. German media is just awful allround at being consumable(not fun, no depth, stupid "einspieler"), but they usualy give allot more credit to the athletes.  Big  US media is even worse at all those things, though USA has a great niche media landscape with great articles and podcasts.

19 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

This thread is like watching a car crash. You don't want to look but you can't turn away. Lol. Wow.

Google Fournier in images search... He is a nice player and you wont believe what pics of him exist in the Internet.

4 minutes ago, rd79 said:

Google Fournier in images search... He is a nice player and you wont believe what pics of him exist in the Internet.

I'm already hip to that game. I actually tried it on someone a few weeks ago on squawk. But nice try ;-)

On 8/20/2016 at 9:07 PM, Thomas said:

Thinking that one intangible about Dennis is the constant pestering  ballhawking  defense he will keep on the opposing PG every minute he is on the floor. That may or may not always show up consistently as a +/- stat in our favor but it will show up in the win column for us. Strong defense at point more minutes of a game than last year should help reduce some of our late collapses we have witnessed in the playoffs. Adding that with D8's rim defense and rebounding and then the pick and roll and we will not be as desperate hoping Kyle can get open and hit to stay in it. Believe Dennis's defense will be much better than his stat sheets will reveal.     

Dennis will see an uptick in minutes,  I really don't think we will see constant full court pressure like he did when he came off the bench.  He'll have to pick his spots.

10 hours ago, gonzo said:

alright if you listen to denises words...

its kinda hard for me to talk without being being biased, but dennis is actually ruining his life in germany right now, and if he doesnt even spent the effort in changing it, we have to suffocate him. if he finds a profassiional was to deal with his problems, than we all can get behind him, but like this he is worthless.,,, ( so sad)

What-Excuse-me-Say-what-GIF.gif

lucy.jpg

10 hours ago, gonzo said:

its kinda hard for me to talk without being being biased, but dennis is actually ruining his life in germany right now, and if he doesnt even spent the effort in changing it, we have to suffocate him. if he finds a profassiional was to deal with his problems, than we all can get behind him, but like this he is worthless.,,, ( so sad)

• Like 2

vor 12 Stunden, gonzo sagte:

That´s so annoying and it pisses me off when people repeat this bullshit that gets broadcasted by the f***in german media!! Since Dennis arrived in professional basketball and in the NBA german people and german media always hated him for everything he did. He couldnt do anything right because they just didn´t like him since the beginning of his career.  You know why? Because he is not like Nowitzki and that´s sth i really like about this kid. He is not like all the other german athletes. They are too scared to say what they really think. They always talk in empty phrases but thats what the german media loves. Boring interviews but hey, they hear what they love to hear. Dennis is more offensive and he says it when he doesn´t like something. German people always want him to be a second Nowitzki even though Dennis told them that he and Dirk are incomparable. Who the f*** cares whether he drives golden cars or green cars??? How sad must be the life of the people who get upset because of that??  There are some sports websites where you can find normal reporting about Schröder but some are just horrible and they always try to put words in his mouth.  Need an example?

Dennis was asked about his future after the european championship last year. He said that he wants to become a starter in the future.  German people and german media went wild and they were all like "oh how arrogant is this kid?" " He hasn´t achieved sth yet so why is he so conceited?" And then they wrote that he has said he wants to be a starter now/next season!!

I think that his social media appearance is normal for a young adult who has grown up in this modern time. He always says that he is a familiar guy and family and friends are so important for him. He even visited his old school this offseason when his former teacher retired. Sometimes he invites people via social media to come to the Prinzenpark in Braunschweig (the place where he played basketball the first time ever) to meet him and to play basketball with him. Does that sound like an arrogant guy? 

I hope that Dennis will improve consistently and then he can give a f*** on the german media and the haters.  It seems like Americans don´t care what they are doing off the court as long as they show a good performance on the court but some german people are silly and they always search something to criticize instead of being happy that we have a second talented german player in the nba after Nowitzki. 

Edited by GoldenPatch17
  • Like 1

Something is getting lost in translation.

@gonzo needs to explain. Can't drop things nuggets like 'gangster lifestyle, facing consequences and keeping criminals safe' without background and context.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@gonzo needs to explain. Can't drop things nuggets like 'gangster lifestyle, facing consequences and keeping criminals safe' without background and context.

I agree.   Gonzo sounds like he's running for president or something.   

vor 6 Stunden, JayBirdHawk sagte:

Well, he took a selfie with Xatar. A Kurdish gangster rapper who is currently sought after by interpol for a supposed involvement in stabbing, chopping and shooting a shisha-bar manager which belongs to KC Rebell, who made a diss-rap against Xatar recently.  But the pick was taken before that. However Xatar has a long history also before that. From being jailed in USA for hitting a play-boy bunny in Hugh Heffner's mansion, to robbing a gold-transport succesfully and fleeing to Iraq(and being sought after by interpol).

Surely, golden cars etc, all things not very likable to the bourgois mainstream sports-media, but Dennis is just a bit out there with it and never was part of normal life. The kid made it trough to where he is, by his own qualities and vices(and also knows how to use his vices for his own good). He's 6.1 and not 7 foot Dirk who whas brought up within a pro sports family and safe invironment. He is one of very few Euro PG's who made it at this age. I can only think of Rubio atm. Dennis knows this and doesnt plan to change for snobs. He rather rubs it in. I dont see a problem. His antics remind me of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and he did way worse, mostly proffesionally(chocking team-mates etc). And also Zlatan needs the hate and just being himself. The himslef that got him out of where he whas all by himself and the hate to prove everyone wrong once more. Its just those kind of guys. Its psychologically. I think low self-esteem is deeply grounded in it all, but it is the driving force in what made them in to what they have become. Dont tinker with it.

Edited by DS17Fanboy