• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What should we do if Horford leaves?

RWF

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

The Hawks have always had a flawed frontcourt with Sap/Horford.  Al leaving and bringing in D12 to help Sap on the boards and at the rim is a step up. Al is good, but his strengths didn't help the Hawks.   Poor Sap has had to do everything in the paint by himself.

Don't think so.. Blow it up and stop the hampster wheel

• Like 2

And your hoping Dwight stays healthy, and becomes Dwight of a few years ago again.

I'm ok with Dwight and Horford, just for the insane trio of bigs we would have.

But trading one for the other is just keeping us in 3rd-4th place in the East and Lebron's play toy.

Rebuild if we lose Horford is the smart decision, especially with aging Korver and 'No way do I max out' expiring Millsap about to be leaving soon too.

If Horford chooses OKC:

I would help them with their salary dump and give Horford his 5th year by taking a contract but they add Sabonis, who we wanted supposedly.

I would then see if Boston wants Sap for that Brooklyn 1st, or even Jaylen Brown.

Korver, who would give us a late 1st? Cavs?

Dennis

THJR / Bembry

Prince

Sabonis

Who Cares (maybe Kanter who Thunder would dump)

then we add 2 top draft picks in next year's draft, one hopefully a franchise talent.

Edited by RWF
  • Like 1

Just now, RWF said:

If Horford chooses OKC:

I would help them with their salary dump and give Horford his 5th year by taking a contract but they add Sabonis, who we wanted supposedly.

I would then see if Boston wants Sap for that Brooklyn 1st, or even Jaylen Brown.

Dennis

THJR / Bembry

Prince

Sabonis

Who Cares

then we add 2 top draft picks in next year's draft, one hopefully a franchise talent.

Horford CANNOT get a 5th year in a SnT to OKC l.

If Horford chooses OKC:

Dennis

THJR / Bembry

Prince

Sabonis

Sounds like my kind of plan

• Like 1

I wouldn't be opposed to a smart short-term rebuild if Alice moved on.  I'd have a new player to absolutely root against too.  Everybody wins?!

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, RWF said:

If Horford chooses OKC:

Dennis

THJR / Bembry

Prince

Sabonis

Funny, I was literally going to post that if OKC wants Horford we send him there but we get Sabonis who I really like as a prospect. We could flip Millsap for whatever we could get. Keep Korver to be the wily veteran to teach the new guys how to be good pros.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

As I see OKC moving to make space by trading Kanter... I think .. Horford is probably going to sign with his former coach and new friend...  I think that since we're not going to pony up the 5th year, that he's gone.

Some are saying Blow it up.  Do they mean all the way?? IF they don't make moves now, we become the new Philadelphia.. Pinning all of our hopes on the draft to do something.   Remember, it took Lebron to make Cleveland worth a damn after getting 3 straight #1 picks  overall.   The blow it up Crowd is wrong... This is a time to retool. 

Sign Howard.  Go after another good free agent.. And use these two years of consecutive Cap Jumps to Build up what we have.  This is not the time to tear down.  There's no returning from that. 

5 hours ago, RWF said:

While it's good to think about Howard, Horford, Millsap trio scenarios, or signing Bazemore to a crazy contract for no reason, let's think about the very possible scenario that Horford just leaves.

What should we do then?  We would have 2 rookie wings, a 22 year old PG, an expiring Millsap over 30 years old, and Kyle Korver.

Throw money at Dwight to replace Horford and pretty much keep the same 3rd-4th best team in the East? What if Dwight doesn't choose us either?

Go full rebuild? Trade Sap and Korver for picks and youth?

Follow the Portland rebuild model. Don't sign anybody over 27 (that'll play significant minutes). 

PG - Dennis/Seth Curry/Hinrich
SG - Korver/Hardaway/Patterson/Bremby
SF - Harkless/Thabo/Prince
PF - Millsap/Scott/Muscula
C - Motiejunas/Splitter/Tavares

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Horford CANNOT get a 5th year in a SnT to OKC l.

@Dolfan23we need a info banner on top of the side. It should show most important facts of the CBA. Otherwise @JayBirdHawk and @hawksfanatic will die of a heart attack, while correcting the 1,000,000th not CBA compatible trade suggestion or cap analysis. 

the banner should contain at least the following infos:

• no 5th yr on SnT
  • salary cap $94M
  • player max 25%  if <= 6yrs exp, 30% < 7-9 yrs exp, otherwise 35%
  • Exceeding cap only possible per exceptions (most important bird rights)
  • for keeping players you really want to keep you'll need FULL BIRD rights