What should we do if Horford leaves?

RWF

While it's good to think about Howard, Horford, Millsap trio scenarios, or signing Bazemore to a crazy contract for no reason, let's think about the very possible scenario that Horford just leaves.

What should we do then?  We would have 2 rookie wings, a 22 year old PG, an expiring Millsap over 30 years old, and Kyle Korver.

Throw money at Dwight to replace Horford and pretty much keep the same 3rd-4th best team in the East? What if Dwight doesn't choose us either?

Go full rebuild? Trade Sap and Korver for picks and youth?

• Like 1

Don't know at this point.. Not caring till we know its happening for that matter. Losing Al is not the end of the world either. We may have to go thru a rebuild but that is what is fun about being a Hawks fan in the past.

Rebuild 

Rebuild

Rebuild 

Rebuild

• Like 2

Blow it up. Even signing someone like Dwight might keep some fools fooled but it will fail and of course Millsap and others will leave next year so now we would be a year from what would have happened this year but even worse since now we got a physically old overpaid Dwight. 

The lineup should be 

Dennis

Bembry

Prince

Scott

Moose

Try to win the lottery. 

• Like 3

What 2 guard and center can we get that puts us past Lebron, because if we can't beat him, what's the point? Any of us getting a bonus for them making the playoffs?

Why not try to get a star in the draft, like OKC, GS, SAS all did, and more recently Minny, NO, Philly.

Minny has a better roster than us currently, and they are a rebuilding team. Why wait for the last minute? Minny traded Love and in return has now got Wiggins and Towns. Ahead of the game they were.

Edited by RWF
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Blow it up. Even signing someone like Dwight might keep some fools fooled but it will fail and of course Millsap and others will leave next year so now we would be a year from what would have happened this year but even worse since now we got a physically old overpaid Dwight. 

The lineup should be 

Dennis

Bembry

Prince

Scott

Moose

Try to win the lottery. 

If we lose Al this will be the best course honestly.. Stop turning the wheels

• Like 2

Just now, RamblinCharger said:

I would like to see us rebuild. If we don't resign Horford then go ahead and trade Korver, Sap, and Thabo. Get picks and young players and let's try to get this thing into championship form when Dennis is 25-26 and Lebron is 3 or so years older.

That's the smart way.

Ahead of the game. Trade your older pieces while you can get something for them. If Boston strikes out in FA, see if we can't trade Sap for that Brooklyn pick. Mess around and get 2 top 5 picks in the upcoming draft to add with Dennis.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I would either sign Dwight to stay a playoff team or blow it up, trade everyone but the young guys and rebuild. Since I've been suggesting we rebuild for years now you can guess which I am in favor of doing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Rebuild just because Horford leaves?  Get out of here.  Dude aint all THAT.   Sign D12 and go after Derozan, J.R. Smith etc. and continue on with what they got.

For what? That does not beat Lebron or Miami for that matter.. Probably not Toronto.. Derozan is not leaving Toronto

Edited by IheartFerry
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I would either sign Dwight to stay a playoff team or blow it up, trade everyone but the young guys and rebuild. Since I've been suggesting we rebuild for years now you can guess which I am in favor of doing.

This is how I am thinking as well at this point.

• Like 2

The Hawks have always had a flawed frontcourt with Sap/Horford.  Al leaving and bringing in D12 to help Sap on the boards and at the rim is a step up. Al is good, but his strengths didn't help the Hawks.   Poor Sap has had to do everything in the paint by himself.