• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It Can Only Be Jarrett

hazer

Looking at Hawks backup PG?

Rebuilding Nets waive Jarrett Jack, will look for PG in free agency

Unable to trade Jarrett Jack, the Nets released him Thursday. Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE/Getty Images

The Brooklyn Nets have waived point guard Jarrett Jack, the team announced Thursday.

The Nets tried to trade Jack but were unable to do so.

They had a Thursday deadline on Jack's $6.3 million team option, of which just $500,000 was guaranteed.

The Nets are on the hook for that $500,000 partial guarantee unless another team claims Jack off waivers. Brooklyn can stretch that $500,000 out over three seasons to save some additional cap space.

The 32-year-old veteran averaged 12.8 points on 39.1 percent shooting in 32 games last year before his season was cut short by an injury to his right ACL.

The rebuilding Nets have a need at point guard in free agency and are interested in Jeremy Lin, who is himself interested in the Nets, according to multiple sources. Lin developed into an overnight sensation in New York after working with then-Knicks assistant Kenny Atkinson, who is now the Nets head coach.

Other point guards on the market include Mike Conley, Rajon Rondo and Brandon Jennings.

Brooklyn has been linked to former NBA player Sergio Rodriguez, who has been playing for Real Madrid.

4 minutes ago, ATLiott said:

Honestly I'd support this signing.  He's a solid backup PG. 

And a former Yellow Jacket...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ATLSmith said:

He would be an awesome mentor for Schröder and any other young PG we might pick up.

Right! A legit guy who could start if Dennis starts messing around.

12 hours ago, hazer said:

Looking at Hawks backup PG?

Rebuilding Nets waive Jarrett Jack, will look for PG in free agency

Unable to trade Jarrett Jack, the Nets released him Thursday. Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE/Getty Images

The Brooklyn Nets have waived point guard Jarrett Jack, the team announced Thursday.

The Nets tried to trade Jack but were unable to do so.

They had a Thursday deadline on Jack's $6.3 million team option, of which just $500,000 was guaranteed.

The Nets are on the hook for that $500,000 partial guarantee unless another team claims Jack off waivers. Brooklyn can stretch that $500,000 out over three seasons to save some additional cap space.

The 32-year-old veteran averaged 12.8 points on 39.1 percent shooting in 32 games last year before his season was cut short by an injury to his right ACL.

The rebuilding Nets have a need at point guard in free agency and are interested in Jeremy Lin, who is himself interested in the Nets, according to multiple sources. Lin developed into an overnight sensation in New York after working with then-Knicks assistant Kenny Atkinson, who is now the Nets head coach.

Other point guards on the market include Mike Conley, Rajon Rondo and Brandon Jennings.

Brooklyn has been linked to former NBA player Sergio Rodriguez, who has been playing for Real Madrid.

I already posted about this saying he would be a great get for back up to DS17 and now I'm suggesting something else Marvin Williams for the sf position if Bazemore price gets out-of-control and we only bring back Horford 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LikejRod29 said:

I already posted about this saying he would be a great get for back up to DS17 and now I'm suggesting something else Marvin Williams for the sf position if Bazemore price gets out-of-control and we only bring back Horford 

Good call. Agreed, many of us have mentioned Jack as a great backup option over the past week or so, I was just posting the article to show that he was actually released and is freely available now :approved:

35 minutes ago, LikejRod29 said:

Just say NO to The Duck for Hawks SF. His career nimbers just came, in a contract year, at the PF position...

Edited by hazer

34 minutes ago, LikejRod29 said:

I saw a tweet yesterday about Duck Butt getting $17 million.

Last years injury really frightens me but if he's anywhere close to 100% than is an ideal backup for Dennis. Dennis will play so many minutes it would keep Jack's minutes down for the most part. Imagine he will be on a minutes restriction for a while. 

Guys coming off ACL's are typically on a minutes restriction to start and don;t regain their form immediately.  Jack is also 33..  Would love to have him but not sure how ready he will be to be the primary backup immediately.

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Guys coming off ACL's are typically on a minutes restriction to start and don;t regain their form immediately.  Jack is also 33..  Would love to have him but not sure how ready he will be to be the primary backup immediately.

With that knowledge of ACL recovery history in general then I'm guessing Jack is probably going to be a secondary choice. No matter who or when we sign our backups I see Dennis playing a ton of minutes. It's very good for him he's got young legs.