• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

THE NBA FREE AGENCY THREAD

Yeah, unless some of y'all cap gymnasts can explain otherwise, it's sounding like Moe may be the odd man out in POR.

First of all, Chuck McCollum will make them regert this deal IMHO but that's a whole other story.

I realize POR's owner has the big bux but is that team worthy of being a luxury tax payer?  Methinks not so how do they pay Harkless?

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, unless some of y'all cap gymnasts can explain otherwise, it's sounding like Moe may be the odd man out in POR.

First of all, Chuck McCollum will make them regert this deal IMHO but that's a whole other story.

I realize POR's owner has the big bux but is that team worthy of being a luxury tax payer?  Methinks not so how do they pay Harkless?

Woah, Porland just giving away money.

i don't think that McCullum's money kicks in until the 2017/2018 season. They are currently at $84 mil.

They have bird rights on Mo, iso theycan give him whatever.

Looks like he'llbe making a little more per year than Lillard. That will be interesting.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Woah, Porland just giving away money.

i don't think that McCullum's money kicks in until the 2017/2018 season. They are currently at $84 mil.

They have bird rights on Mo, iso theycan give him whatever.

Looks like he'llbe making a little more per year than Lillard. That will be interesting.

As sensitive as he's shown himself to be the last few years, I'd be worried if I was POR.

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Heat sign Dion Waiters lol. Ok I KNOW we are better than Miami...they are gonna suck a$$. Lol

Miami is totally hitting the reset button, or "retooling."  They have some good young talent to start with so they will be somewhat competitive.  It won't be a 76'ers scale tank job.

Also, I hope they don't stink too badly because we have their 2nd round pick next year.  Protected at 31 through 40 in 2017 but unprotected in 2018.

2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Heat sign Dion Waiters lol. Ok I KNOW we are better than Miami...they are gonna suck a$$. Lol

All I keep thinking is, "Please sign Lantz.  Please sign Lantz ..."

Haven't heard much from my Heat-fan BIL lately.  The night Wade left he called me all complainin' about Wade lacking loyalty.  I said, bruh, clearly Riley 'n them didn't uphold their end of the under-table agreements they had.  Whatevers tho.

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

All I keep thinking is, "Please sign Lantz.  Please sign Lantz ..."

Haven't heard much from my Heat-fan BIL lately.  The night Wade left he called me all complainin' about Wade lacking loyalty.  I said, bruh, clearly Riley 'n them didn't uphold their end of the under-table agreements they had.  Whatevers tho.

Someone had the nerve to say Wade had no loyalty after the paycuts he's taken to stay there over the years?

WOW! That's some clinical level delusion right thur.

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

Someone had the nerve to say Wade had no loyalty after the paycuts he's taken to stay there over the years?

WOW! That's some clinical level delusion right thur.

Oh I called him on it bigtime.  He knew it was b.s.  He also knew trying to pretend he liked Waiters was b.s.

Oh I called him on it bigtime.  He knew it was b.s.  He also knew trying to pretend he liked Waiters was b.s.

It's messed up the Heat didn't give Wade the payday he deserved but you sleep with the devil and you'll eventually get the horn! Never trust Riley. Not ever.

Being the biggest Syracuse Homer on here and perhaps the only one I've said from day 1 that Waiters would be a bust. Nearly all Syracuse players are overmatched at this level but I'm not sure what the hell the scouts were looking at with his game that ever said lottery pick. He could he a quality 6th man in the right system, as Boeheim used him, but it's probably too late for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

It's messed up the Heat didn't give Wade the payday he deserved but you sleep with the devil and you'll eventually get the horn! Never trust Riley. Not ever.

Being the biggest Syracuse Homer on here and perhaps the only one I've said from day 1 that Waiters would be a bust. Nearly all Syracuse players are overmatched at this level but I'm not sure what the hell the scouts were looking at with his game that ever said lottery pick. He could he a quality 6th man in the right system, as Boeheim used him, but it's probably too late for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree on all counts.  Wade trusting Riley was his own undoing.

Also no idea what scouts saw in Waiters as a lotto pick.  Then again, Cle also took Bennett #1 so ....

Lastly, agree putting Dion back in that 6th-man genie bottle isn't happening at this point.  He's an ego guy, to his own detriment.

• Moderators

Let's not act like Wade did some huge charity to Riley either.  He ring chased by super friending with LeBron and Bosh and all of them got paid very well, made a bunch of finals, cashed in a lot of endorsements, and walked away with rings.  He wasn't just cutting his salary - he was doing it so he could super friend with Bron and Bosh.  That was a very deliberate choice.

I totally agree that he did nothing disloyal to Miami by going for the much bigger payday in Chicago.  I just won't accept the notion that he was running a charity or that his big inducement was an under the table promise for big dollars down the road.  He wanted the rings and paid a small price in salary for them that was likely more than offset by the endorsement boost from playing on a championship team rather than ~8th seed teams he was playing on before Bron came to town.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

Let's not act like Wade did some huge charity to Riley either.  He ring chased by super friending with LeBron and Bosh and all of them got paid very well, made a bunch of finals, cashed in a lot of endorsements, and walked away with rings.  He wasn't just cutting his salary - he was doing it so he could super friend with Bron and Bosh.  That was a very deliberate choice.

I totally agree that he did nothing disloyal to Miami by going for the much bigger payday in Chicago.  I just won't accept the notion that he was running a charity or that his big inducement was an under the table promise for big dollars down the road.  He wanted the rings and paid a small price in salary for them that was likely more than offset by the endorsement boost from playing on a championship team rather than ~8th seed teams he was playing on before Bron came to town.

I'm with you for each choice he made up until the last one where he opted out of that deal to presumably make room for James to come back or STTE.  He had absolutely no reason to opt out if not for some under-table arrangement IMHO.  Seemed pretty clear there was some "understanding" at that time.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I'm with you for each choice he made up until the last one where he opted out of that deal to presumably make room for James to come back or STTE.  He had absolutely no reason to opt out if not for some under-table arrangement IMHO.  Seemed pretty clear there was some "understanding" at that time.

I think he was desperate to get James back and avoid plunging into irrelevancy.